Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Top 5 Worst Irish Bands

• 20-05-2003 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Yes the madness continues.Unfortunatley it seems tha the previous link became to 'controvesial' and some heads got very offended.Im not going to reitterate why we should be allowed to criticse bands.But all i will say , if you can justify loving a band then I should at the very least be able to make my criticism of such bands vocal.
    SO here goes ,my top 5 + the reasons why.
    1THE THRILLS ,incredibly over rated.The product of a clever and shrewd marketing team ,possessing very little in the area of inspiration, creativity,originality and depth.Yes you can hum along to it BUT you can also hum along to Hanson.I dont feel there is much substance here and I dont think such boring lack lustre 'live' gigs could be more boring...zzzzzzzzz
    2DAVID KITT very adept at remaining boring all of the time.Uninspiring lyrics,melodys etc.Oh and will someone shove that minidisc that he uses and abuses at his gigs up his arse
    3JJ72 The lead singer has the audacity and pomp to piss off just about everyone and anyone.I mean if we where dealing with the real Billy Corgan etc then MAYBE some attitude would be acceptable.Irrelevant music from a diluted carbon copy of a MArk the media whore.
    4THE REVS for being utterly stupid,all of the time.And i dont mean punk rock stupid ,I mean letting everyone down(including themselves) by not knowing how to play there songs properly etc
    5Shane MacGowan-Was really brilliant but then descended well into Shane MacGowan.Now I gaggle of hangers on flock to him to ply him with alcohol and what not.Its very sad.Almost as sad as the geriatric Ozzy Osbourne and his wife.God she'll be dusting Ozzy off before pushing him around in wheelchair in the next series while still maintaining she loves Ozzy.Yeah right.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Deadly. Here we go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Ah for god's sake. Could you not just have let it go?

The same could be said for those ****ing Song Tag and What song? threads that ****ing bore the **** out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 butterflywings

if you can write better music than any of them, then come on and educate us love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

66 electric are a bit wan.k

• Advertisement

Yeah i know. Too much time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by Damon_Kind
    The same could be said for those ****ing Song Tag and What song? threads that ****ing bore the **** out of me.

There are people who nearly only post on those threads!!! We're talking 400+ posts, at least the worst band thread stired things up a bit......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

he he

damon kinds posts are the best

i hate u2. although they have about 3 songs that i like, i think they are one of the most over rated bands known to man.

Where is the rest of this thread gone? For what purspose has it been deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

i think u2 r really overated 2 why dont they just go an enjoy a very comfortable retirement!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

romey wrote: »
    i think u2 r really overated 2 why dont they just go an enjoy a very comfortable retirement!:o

GOT TO BE U2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ceekay74 wrote: »
    GOT TO BE U2

ahh only 8 years later...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

they're as bad as they were back then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mccabecc

DAVID KITT is realy bad for sure, totally agree with this pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Snow Patrol. Dull as dykewater and all their songs sound the same:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The top 5 worst Irish bands/singers are ...

5. The Original Rudeboys.
    4. The Wonder Villains.
    3. Eamonn Jackson.
    2. NXT-GEN.
    1. Lee Matthews.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The top 5 worst Irish bands/singers are ...

5. The Original Rudeboys.
    4. The Wonder Villains.
    3. Eamonn Jackson.
    2. NXT-GEN.
    1. Lee Matthews.

Why won't it die... Zombie...

Advertisement