Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIBA World Cup

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I see the France Serbia game is on ESPN tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Final is on BT Sports 2 on Sunday at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

USA stroll to an easy win 129-92 - Kyrie with 26 pts, Harden with 23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Wow. That never got going did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

the first 4 minutes were interesting after that the US just dominated. I wonder if the rest of the world really has caught up at times.....especially with Spain on the decline and the easy stroll the US B/C Team had through the competition.

Saying that was delighted that Boogie had a great game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just home.

Managed to get a ticket for the final (there were loads going around the stadium as I imagine some fairly p'eed off spanish fans were selling theirs seeing as their team weren't in the final) but it was in row 299 ZZ. That said the game was a joke. All in all though I had a good few days eyeing some great individual players.

Game was over after 5 mins, which says it all for Team USA throughout the World Cup, not 1 real challenge and every game was a blow out

That said, Kyrie winning Tournament MVP won me a nice bit of money at 12/1:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How did Derrick Rose do overall for those that watched the tournament? I literally didn't see one game so would love to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Paully D wrote: »
    How did Derrick Rose do overall for those that watched the tournament? I literally didn't see one game so would love to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Considering the minutes he got, he was solid. Defensively, he was great but his shooting was very hit and miss (took some real questionable shots) but that's really to be expected for someone who's trying to get back into the rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »

Only saw the semi-final, thought he looked fine, but rusty. Was getting to the rim and not finishing, think he was 1-8 in the game, which sounds bad, but was better than it looked. Main thing was that he was getting to the rim, and because he caused the defense to collapse, the US got some handy put-backs on those shots.

Heard his jumpshot was off, but not worried about that. The FIBA ball is different and apparently he wasn't comfortable shooting it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement