Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of posters annoy you the most?

Options
  • 14-09-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭

I find in really annoying when somebody looks for advice be it a personal/motoring/wedding/etc issue. When they receive the advice and posters tell them they are wrong/don't like the advice there given. They begin to attack the posters and they can't understand how there wong.

What kind of poster's annoy you the most?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I find in really annoying when somebody looks for advice be it a personal/motoring/wedding/etc issue. When they receive the advice and posters tell them they are wrong/don't like the advice there given. They begin to attack the posters and they can't understand how there wong.

I love em all. Great bunch of lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Packrat

Can you provide a link to prove that grass is green, because until you do, it is safe to presume that grass is in fact not green.

That Cnut. He knows who he is.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

One Direction posters. Can't stand the sight of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hang in there kitty, that kind of sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ones that make claims they can't back up then storm off thread in a huff leaving a wake of broken toys behind when someone calls them out on their nonsense, AH has a few regular ones.

Oh and the classic "I'm not here to google things for you" when asked to provide a link backing up their claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Multiquoters.
    They take every post on the thread, multiquote them, and boringly attack everyone. Any post with multiquotes is a thread killer. I never read the post of a multiquoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Mainly posters who assume they know other posters purely based on boards interactions and make sweeping generalizations because of it.

Not so much that they annoy me, but there should be a warning on AH too for posters not to ask for advice here (PI exists for this reason) simply because of the backlash most receive when they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

All posters on my ignore list. For derailing my post and excess snark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

The ones who ask a question that they could have just googled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

The homophobes who come into every thread with the word gay in it, and spout their 'won't someone think of the children' nonsense. And then throw a wobbler when they get called what they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

gugleguy wrote: »
    All posters on my ignore list. For derailing my post and excess snark.

True, but then you wind up taking them off the list after a day or so when you realise you've forgotten why they're on the list. Happens to me a lot when I sober up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Whenever there is a thread about someone famous there's always some cúnt who plays the hipster card and posts something along the line of: "Who??", "Never heard of him" or "Are we supposed to know who this is???"

It could be a thread entitled "Obama, Gay Byrne and Madonna Threeway" and some twat will pretend not to know who it's on about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Relentlessly negative ones, ones who immediately jump in on one side of a discussion and argue as if their lives depended on it without pausing for one second to consider the other side's POV, and peple with non sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

x43r0 wrote: »
    It could be a thread entitled "Obama, Gay Byrne and Madonna Threeway" and some twat will pretend not to know who it's on about

Well, the first two are obvious. Which Madonna was in the threeway would be of interest especially to theologians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

7 religions forums on boards and AH still clogged up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Packrat wrote: »
    Can you provide a link to prove that grass is green, because until you do, it is safe to presume that grass is in fact not green.

That Cnut. He knows who he is.

Then he tells you that there is no need to cut the grass, as it cuts itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

stimpson wrote: »
    One Direction posters. Can't stand the sight of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Smart arses. The ones that always have a joke to pop up, regardless of the topic. Boil my pee. Them, or Election posters.

diomed wrote: »
    Multiquoters.
    They take every post on the thread, multiquote them, and boringly attack everyone. Any post with multiquotes is a thread killer. I never read the post of a multiquoter.

Or people who are the first reply on a new thread and quote the entire post. Fine if you put part in bold or edit to the part you're replying to if it's a long post but just quoting the whole thing to give a short answer,grrrr.

And now I'm going to check back and see if I've ever done that, I know what you feckers are like :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

x43r0 wrote: »
    Whenever there is a thread about someone famous there's always some cúnt who plays the hipster card and posts something along the line of: "Who??", "Never heard of him" or "Are we supposed to know who this is???"

Yes. And managed nevertheless to post in a thread which should have no interest to them because they claim not to know who the famous person is. I have to restrain myself from saying "piss off and google it" and "wtf are you even doing here?"

• Advertisement

Kh1993 wrote: »
    The homophobes who come into every thread with the word gay in it, and spout their 'won't someone think of the children' nonsense. And then throw a wobbler when they get called what they are.

In the closet? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

None.

The day that something on the internet annoys you is the day to turn off the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Those people who feel like they can have strong opinions which they are bound to without educating themselves on the topic, but whilst also expecting everyone else to educate them, oh and then they mistake the posters that recognised their stubbornness and simply got on with their life for 'leaving in a huff'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭emuhead

People who post multiple threads asking for advice, don't thank posters who contribute, and never contribute themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What kind of poster's annoy you the most?/QUOTE]

Posters that mess up quotes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I hate posters who pretend that they are just ordinary people without an agenda, but their entire posting history is on one topic and they seem to pop up in every single thread that is ever started on that topic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The ones who trawl twitter for news so they can post it first, then claim to have 'sources' as if they are some kind of journalist.

The ones who quote a whole post and just repeat what it says adding nothing new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

^^^^^
    This.

^^^^^
    These kind of posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

RIP ers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Ones who start threads like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement