Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 1 joule

Options
  • 13-09-2014 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Wel lads sorry if this is a stupid question but lookin at guns on taiwangun.com if I was to buy one of these guns that are over a joule nd 420fps is there a way of toning it down to within play limits here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Rgdajd wrote: »
    Wel lads sorry if this is a stupid question but lookin at guns on taiwangun.com if I was to buy one of these guns that are over a joule nd 420fps is there a way of toning it down to within play limits here?

You can request a downgrade to less than one joule, not sure of the cost. But if I were you I'd ask an Irish retailer to import it for you, last thing you want is your new aeg seized and destroyed least this way you have peace of mind, and your supportin irish/airsoft business :).

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rgdajd

You can request a downgrade to less than one joule, not sure of the cost. But if I were you I'd ask an Irish retailer to import it for you, last thing you want is your new aeg seized and destroyed least this way you have peace of mind, and your supportin irish/airsoft business :).

Ye I read up about the downgrading but I tot it was only downgrading its paper work to allow it through the port not actually downgrading the gun , ah so that's handy

Many thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Best bet is to use a domestic retailer.
    If you try to import it and it's over 1J (even though the seller claims it's under) it'll be destroyed and you've no comeback.
    That said, a lot get through with no problems but it's a gamble. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭biz96

They do provide a downgrade service which is not expensive, just cost of spring:
    http://www.taiwangun.com/en/spring-sp-90-guarder?from=listing&campaign-id=19
    Last two rifles they downgrade to me for free, and shipping cost is free if order is over €69.

Advertisement