Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Getting a letter in the post saying your penalty points have expired!!!:D

Shouldnt run so fast!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Running like no none is watching.

Driving to a meeting at lunch time. An oldish Asian guy was out trotting along doing a bit of exercise. He was wearing a blue suede cowboy hat. Deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Guide dogs. Amazing creatures but they always seem a little sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Indian Summers

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

The socerball forum,especially the man utd thread,..dudes comparing players leaving to play In another team is like breaking up with a girlfriend being just one nugget ..ever since I got focked off the MCi fb page it's gives me my daily laugh ..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,193 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Getting a letter in the post saying your penalty points have expired!!!:D

3 years waiting....sorry, should be in the rant thread. 3 freaking years for a couple of points to be removed!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Our very own Ecoli deserves a rave:
    About 2 years ago I had a chronic pain in my hip. 3 different physios (some of them bluffers who had me back every week at €50 a pop, others who said they just couldn't help), MRI scans and thousands of € spent and it got no better. E.coli (then a student sports therapist) pm'ed me and offered me free treatment and 2 rubs later the pain was gone.
    Early this week I had a foot so sore I could barely walk, was worried about a possible fracture. I took 2 days off running and when it wasn't getting any better got an appointment booked. 36 hours after that visit and I just did a 4 mile run with no pain whatsoever.

The lad is a genius and for anyone in the dublin area I highly recommend you go to him if you have any niggles/tightness/injuries or need a sports massage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultraman1 wrote: »
    The socerball forum,especially the man utd thread,..dudes comparing players leaving to play In another team is like breaking up with a girlfriend being just one nugget ..ever since I got focked off the MCi fb page it's gives me my daily laugh ..

Do we get to hear why you were focked off ???

Completely unmotivated to do any work on my own art stuff for the past few months but today it's all come together and I found the love again:D:D:D and my work is better than ever:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

kit3 wrote: »
    Do we get to hear why you were focked off ???

Seemingly I have integrety......meno was fucrked out aswell,

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Seemingly I have integrety......meno was fucrked out aswell,

I got myself focked off thinking they were kicking out all non-members anyway. Since then they have kicked no-one else off. Looks like they were only getting rid of troublemakers* ;)

* In MCI a troublemaker is anyone who doesn't only post happy-clappy pat on the back post things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

menoscemo wrote: »
    I got myself focked off thinking they were kicking out all non-members anyway. Since then they have kicked no-one else off. Looks like they were only getting rid of troublemakers* ;)

* In MCI a troublemaker is anyone who doesn't only post happy-clappy pat on the back post things.

Would have thought UM1 would have been quite at home there then - how are they with punctuation though ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

This wonderful weather.

It might be murdering loads of racers today but I'm sitting in a beer garden, sipping beer and topping up my tan after an easy 16 miler this morn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Gavlor wrote: »
    This wonderful weather.

It might be murdering loads of racers today but I'm sitting in a beer garden, sipping beer and topping up my tan after an easy 16 miler this morn :D

That's quite a short cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

About 2 years ago I had a chronic pain in my hip. 3 different physios (some of them bluffers who had me back every week at €50 a pop, others who said they just couldn't help), MRI scans and thousands of € spent and it got no better. E.coli (then a student sports therapist) pm'ed me and offered me free treatment and 2 rubs later the pain was gone.
    Early this week I had a foot so sore I could barely walk, was worried about a possible fracture. I took 2 days off running and when it wasn't getting any better got an appointment booked. 36 hours after that visit and I just did a 4 mile run with no pain whatsoever.

The lad is a genius and for anyone in the dublin area I highly recommend you go to him if you have any niggles/tightness/injuries or need a sports massage.

+ 1

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

What! I walked out in sympathy with you. Do you mean to say I could have stayed and they wouldn't have kicked me out???

(Actually, I found it deadly dull, and I have no interest in running 79 marathons a year anyway. Plus, as meno says, anytime anything even mildly interesting was posted, someone would stick up their bloody 'charter'. As for punctuation, one of their posters writes a peculiar form of English, entirely devoid of punctuation of any kind. So the literacy bar is set quite low)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

... and wise beyond his years. And a gent to boot. From this point onwards, henceforth, this day should be known as ecoli appreciation day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

A couple of rubs from Ecoli and you've just dumped marthastew as your big hero.

Rant: Fickle mainlanders ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    A couple of rubs from Ecoli and you've just dumped marthastew as your big hero.

Rant: Fickle mainlanders ;)

This is the rave thread ;) but where do you consider to be your 'main' land?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Same here, this is the longest I've been injury free and I've seen him three times!

My sister saw him this week for a non-running injury and said it was the best value and most effective physio session she ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

Friend of mine ran in the Marathon du Medoc today, finish time just over 6:20 but it wasn't the running she was talking about rather the drinking on the route!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

3 in a row hon the banner.

Now yeah can all go and rant about GAA and the use of "hon" in the rant thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

1st run in 5 weeks with no rib pain - rest of me was fooked tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Big week coming up... half marathon on Saturday and All-Ireland Final on Sunday... not sure which I'm most nervous about!

Sam for the Hills!!! We don't say 'hon' in Donegal... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »
    Excellent! 8/10

Now we know who wrote it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement