Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Round Of NT S22

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CBracken

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

is that a banning?? :P

not sure how I can utilize this but i'll keep an eye here for now anyway, don't want to just be posting duplicates from the offsite. Here's a link to the match discussions - latest match/ upcoming match will be the top topic in the current season

cclampett wrote: »
    not sure how I can utilize this but i'll keep an eye here for now anyway, don't want to just be posting duplicates from the offsite. Here's a link to the match discussions - latest match/ upcoming match will be the top topic in the current season

Best of luck stepping into the role cclampett

• Advertisement

so.. just an update of NT news here for now

End of season fixtures:
    Game 1: A default I had set (though heavily influenced by tactics from AJ and Wex) early in s22 of the then 1sts on wnwim was more than enough for game1, Zimbabwe [6th in EE1 S22B] at home, we won 43-16.
    Game 2: The same default I [sneakily] changed to normal intensity (& only changed intensity) done much the same for south Africa [1st in EE1 S22B] also at home, we won 49-18.
    Game 3: Our second team on Normal intensity proved more than enough for Ivory Coast [4th in EE1 S22B] again at home, we won 47-21.
    Game 4: we play Australia [2nd in EE1 S22B] away @ 10:35 am Irish time Wednesday, details in the link in the above post - if there's anything we're going to learn from this seasons EOST, this is the biggie.
    Game 5: United States [5th in EE1 S22B) away @ 00:35 am Saturday Irish time.
    Game 6: Argentina [3rd in EE1 S22B) at home @ 14:35 pm Sunday Irish time.
    Game 7: Pacific Islands [2nd in EE3 S22B] at home @ 19:35 Wednesday 10th Irish time.
    Game 8: Uruguay [6th in EE2 S22B) away @ 23:35 pm Friday 12th Irish time.

Squad changes:
    All details available on the offsite, in summary:

OHealy (wing) recalled to squad by Bracken during Careys Injury and Weal (wing)dropped today due to aging.
    requests put in for 3 up and coming stars, 25 year old Eleizalde (coming in as Tighthead) 24 year old OHalligan (Fullback) and 22 year old Le Pew (second row) to replace 3 veteran players due to aging, Mullins (Loosehead) Birney (centre) and Keane (second row).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

And with that we move top of the rankings. Not a bad first week in charge.

We'll be wrapping up the season with a mixed team on TNT against Uruguay on Friday night, young lads will get some experience from it anyway.

We had a strong team out for the trip to Oz last wed on normal, facing a bunch of young lads on TNT, our aggressive approach to it let them into the game a lot more than I'd have liked, but we did hold them tryless for the 80 so all in all not a bad result, nothing great by any means, but not bad, credit to AJeffares for the help on that one. Aus 21 - 39 Ire.

An experimental seconds lineup played USA Friday night/ Saturday morning. no way around saying I took a bad beating here, losing 51-29.
    First thing to say is I screwed up on defences, on both sides, in what was going to be a tough test for that lineup even getting it right. newbie O'Halligan wont be given a fullback spot again for some time, and Keogh's trial at outside centre wont be repeated ...ever probably. (the balls up on calling defences made that one particularly tough for both O'Halligan and Keogh tbf)

Full firsts on normal and at home was way too easy for Argentina - won 58-19, unfortunately we wont often have the luxury of such a line-up with the need to hold mulqueen (played left wing) back for seconds team at fullback and mostly will see 1 other change to cover seconds outside centre.

Had pacific Islands at home this evening, credit to them they done quite well early on with BTB in the centre zones, but the lineup of youngest guys laced with some of our strongest made it an impossible task for them, Colin Short had a field day at fullback. Ire 51-07 P.I.

Killian Canavan and Jamie Keogh were dropped from the squad for the last 2 games to get 2 young lads outside the squad a couple of caps, Luke Mulloy of Exiles in the backrow and Fabrizio Sirmioni of Reddogwonders on the wing. Both put in impressive performances against PI and get another run against Uruguay before Canavan and Keogh are recalled.
    There are more guys knockin on the door and if I get a chance at the end of season23A one or 2 more new caps will be given out.

That wraps up the season.

We'll be wrapping up the season with a mixed team on TNT against Uruguay on Friday night, young lads will get some experience from it anyway.

We had a strong team out for the trip to Oz last wed on normal, facing a bunch of young lads on TNT, our aggressive approach to it let them into the game a lot more than I'd have liked, but we did hold them tryless for the 80 so all in all not a bad result, nothing great by any means, but not bad, credit to AJeffares for the help on that one. Aus 21 - 39 Ire.

An experimental seconds lineup played USA Friday night/ Saturday morning. no way around saying I took a bad beating here, losing 51-29.
    First thing to say is I screwed up on defences, on both sides, in what was going to be a tough test for that lineup even getting it right. newbie O'Halligan wont be given a fullback spot again for some time, and Keogh's trial at outside centre wont be repeated ...ever probably. (the balls up on calling defences made that one particularly tough for both O'Halligan and Keogh tbf)

Full firsts on normal and at home was way too easy for Argentina - won 58-19, unfortunately we wont often have the luxury of such a line-up with the need to hold mulqueen (played left wing) back for seconds team at fullback and mostly will see 1 other change to cover seconds outside centre.

Had pacific Islands at home this evening, credit to them they done quite well early on with BTB in the centre zones, but the lineup of youngest guys laced with some of our strongest made it an impossible task for them, Colin Short had a field day at fullback. Ire 51-07 P.I.

Killian Canavan and Jamie Keogh were dropped from the squad for the last 2 games to get 2 young lads outside the squad a couple of caps, Luke Mulloy of Exiles in the backrow and Fabrizio Sirmioni of Reddogwonders on the wing. Both put in impressive performances against PI and get another run against Uruguay before Canavan and Keogh are recalled.
    There are more guys knockin on the door and if I get a chance at the end of season23A one or 2 more new caps will be given out.

That wraps up the season.

great little write up. and will be sure to gain interest in the national scene if you continue plugging away here!

taking bets on how many tries odinegan scores from outside centre against Uruguay , tactics for this are posted before I posted the last settings for the PI game
    winner will get some award like stadium named after them for S23A or choosing a team nickname or something, setting a game in s23A if the winner prefers that

http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/t4040p120-end-of-****ing-year-tour

sorry it's late, i'll try do more things like this with more warning b4 the WC

• Advertisement

taking bets on how many tries odinegan scores from outside centre against Uruguay , tactics for this are posted before I posted the last settings for the PI game
    winner will get some award like stadium named after them for S23A or choosing a team nickname or something, setting a game in s23A if the winner prefers that

http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/t4040p120-end-of-****ing-year-tour

sorry it's late, i'll try do more things like this with more warning b4 the WC

just saw this now, been moving house all weekend!

Advertisement