Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

True, just leave the Aldi offers here and the Tesco/Dunnes offers in their own threads, if people want to see them then they know where they are.

Had 2 Sirloin steaks for €4 from Aldi a few days ago. I was shocked at how good quality and flavour the meat was from Aldi compared to Dunnes which is extremely hit and miss IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Muahahaha wrote: »
    True, just leave the Aldi offers here and the Tesco/Dunnes offers in their own threads, if people want to see them then they know where they are.

Had 2 Sirloin steaks for €4 from Aldi a few days ago. I was shocked at how good quality and flavour the meat was from Aldi compared to Dunnes which is extremely hit and miss IMO.

Any chance of having one thread with all food offers in it - having to dog around numerous threads is a PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

vicwatson wrote: »
    Not true, you would still have to search the thread, then you'll get people GOING OFF THE THREAD TOPIC discussing the various supermarkets offers and it would get extremely messy. There is a thread already for Supervalu, Tesco, Dunnes, Argos etc etc for their Bargain Alerts and the various bargains can be discussed in those various threads.

No one will find anything if they are all lumped in together.

I've nothing against you personally but from now on I'll be reporting your posts for Tesco and Dunnes etc in the Aldi Super Six thread.
    I agree.

One of my pet peeves is that people post grocery offers without indicating the offer dates. So on the previous page, apart from the Dunnes deal being on the wrong thread, it doesn't say if it's a current offer or if not current, then what date does it begin and end? Without that information, the reader will probably still need to go to the Dunnes site find out whether it's worth their while to head out to buy the items.

Vicwatson, could you revise the OP? - it's showing offers valid for w/e 22 May. You could probably replace that specific information with the link - https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-fruit-veg/. I presume the info at that link is updated fortnightly on Thursday but the link should remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any chance of having one thread with all food offers in it - having to dog around numerous threads is a PITA

Oh yeh it's a real pain :rolleyes:
    you'll get people GOING OFF THE THREAD TOPIC discussing the various supermarkets offers and it would get extremely messy

leck wrote: »
    I agree.

One of my pet peeves is that people post grocery offers without indicating the offer dates. So on the previous page, apart from the Dunnes deal being on the wrong thread, it doesn't say if it's a current offer or if not current, then what date does it begin and end? Without that information, the reader will probably still need to go to the Dunnes site find out whether it's worth their while to head out to buy the items.

Vicwatson, could you revise the OP? - it's showing offers valid for w/e 22 May. You could probably replace that specific information with the link - https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-fruit-veg/. I presume the info at that link is updated fortnightly on Thursday but the link should remain the same.

Sorry but I can't as its past 2 days since it was started and therefore cannot edit the post.

I always start at the last post and work back, the last post is the most current post so...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Bring back that user who posted all the fruit and veg offers in the one thread. Nicer to have it all in one place imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco
    HMqNvUel.png?1

tesco..sorted
    ty
    Don't forget from tomorrow -

wOVODYEl.png?1
    ty
    Dunnes
    ozpfzxnl.png?1
    ty

all on the one page, no need to even look at another thread now

just perfect

will suit some and not others but reporting future posts a little bit ott in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thread title needs changed or new thread. There's an existing thread for the meat deals that can be updated separately.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

just perfect

will suit some and not others but reporting future posts a little bit ott in fairness[/quote]

that's superb. great job.

mailburner wrote: »

all on the one page, no need to even look at another thread now

just perfect

Until next week or the week after :rolleyes:

K-9 wrote: »
    Thread title needs changed or new thread. There's an existing thread for the meat deals that can be updated separately.

Aldi didn't have meat/poultry/fish super 6 when the thread specifically created for the super 6 fruit and veg was started.

Alas, some people insist on taking the thread off topic by throwing in other deals that have nothing to do with this thread.

• Advertisement

Why don't one of those that want an all in one thread go away and set up such a thread and leave the Aldi one for those that just want Aldi super 6's and discussion in this thread? Compromise?

When I get time later I'll suggest this to the mods

Why don't one of those that want an all in one thread go away and set up such a thread and leave the Aldi one for those that just want Aldi super 6's and discussion in this thread? Compromise?

When I get time later I'll suggest this to the mods

good idea

all in one including aldi super 6 makes perfect sense, thats what the majority appear to want :)
    keep this thread for yourself then even though most don't seem to mind it the
    way it is now

tis grand the way it is

mailburner wrote: »
    good idea

all in one including aldi super 6 makes perfect sense, thats what the majority appear to want :)
    keep this thread for yourself then even though most don't seem to mind it the
    way it is now

tis grand the way it is

Are you 12?

:rolleyes:

12? see above

Are you 12?

you are the one nitpicking to be fair

I've pm'd the mods and we'll let them sort it, not engaging with anymore of your petty childish behaviour. This is about the benefit of all on boards, not just you and snubblstub, and it's not nitpicking either, this thread is entitled Aldi Super 6 for a reason, so stop derailing it by bringing it off thread, i.e. putting Tesco (etc) offers in it - particularly when they have their own thread.

Anyway over to the mods and they can decide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

If you're here 8 years mailburner you should know that private messages are private, not something you post screen shots of on a Bargain Alerts Thread.

Vicwatson, I'd suggest you stop with the equally stupid and childish behaviour.

Both of you can take a month off Bargain Alerts and learn how to behave like grown-ups - there's plenty of bloody childish stupidity being shown from both of you.

Dav wrote: »
    If you're here 8 years mailburner you should know that private messages are private, not something you post screen shots of on a Bargain Alerts Thread.

was just making a point
    fair enough, wont happen again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunnes
    LyxA48el.png?1

Supervalu
    Cdc4RC9l.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Dunnes
    LyxA48el.png?1

Supervalu
    Cdc4RC9l.png?1

Any chance of period of offer for this DUNNES ad?

prodsc wrote: »
    Any chance of period of offer for this DUNNES ad?
    08/09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

08/09
    Not very helpful. Your original post had no sale dates mentioned (apart from which you are posting a Dunnes deal in an Aldi thread). Then when someone asks you for the sale period you reply with a single date, not indicating if it's a start date or end date and how many days/period the sale prices are good for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Dunnes
    LyxA48el.png?1

Supervalu
    Cdc4RC9l.png?1

thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

leck wrote: »
    Not very helpful. Your original post had no sale dates mentioned (apart from which you are posting a Dunnes deal in an Aldi thread). Then when someone asks you for the sale period you reply with a single date, not indicating if it's a start date or end date and how many days/period the sale prices are good for.

Wow

rbyEUQvl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This thread has turned into a mess. It should either get relabelled as Aldi/Lidl/Dunnes/Super Value Meat & Veg offers or else there should be a thread for each one. But not this mess where there is posts for all and sundry yet its labeled the Aldi thread, its confusing for anyone wanting to find the right thing.

I'd also agree with a previous poster who suggested a megathread for all supermarket offers and with no chat. Just offers and their expiry date, no arguing about which supermarket has the better veg or the better meat. Just bargains, that's what we're all here for after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Super six Thursday 11th September to Wednesday 24th September!
    Leeks 500 grams was 1.49c now 59c save 90 cent.
    Red Globe Grapes 500 grams was 1.39 now 59c save 80 cent.
    Butternut Squash was 1.29 now 59c save 70 cent.
    Pineapple was 1.29 now 59c save 70 cent.
    Plums 500 grams was 99c now 59c save 40 cent.
    Salad potatoes 1kg was 99c now 59c save 40 cent.

Super six meats same dates apply!
    Pork loin joint plain/stuffed was 6.99 now 6.00 save 99cent.
    Large ham 2kg was 8.99 now 6.00 save 2.99.
    Round roast beef joint 1.16kg 6.00.
    Breaded chicken fillets 750 grams was 6.65 now 6.00 save 65 cent.
    8 chicken fillets portions 824 grams 6.00.
    Irish striploin steaks 376 grams was 6.99 now 6.00 save 99 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

That is a great Fruit and Vegetables Super 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

This thread has turned into a mess. It should either get relabelled as Aldi/Lidl/Dunnes/Super Value Meat & Veg offers or else there should be a thread for each one. But not this mess where there is posts for all and sundry yet its labeled the Aldi thread, its confusing for anyone wanting to find the right thing.

I'd also agree with a previous poster who suggested a megathread for all supermarket offers and with no chat. Just offers and their expiry date, no arguing about which supermarket has the better veg or the better meat. Just bargains, that's what we're all here for after all.

Bit of a change of opinion there but that's no harm, I suppose.

Forgive my cynicism, but I imagine that some f****r, who knows who they are, will manage to subvert and ultimately destroy any solution that's found.

It's a shame but the instinct to meddle and undermine systems that work seems to be part of the Irish psyche. In this case it started quite early and was tolerated for too long IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Super six Thursday 11th September to Wednesday 24th September!
    Leeks 500 grams was 1.49c now 59c save 90 cent.
    Red Globe Grapes 500 grams was 1.39 now 59c save 80 cent.
    Butternut Squash was 1.29 now 59c save 70 cent.
    Pineapple was 1.29 now 59c save 70 cent.
    Plums 500 grams was 99c now 59c save 40 cent.
    Salad potatoes 1kg was 99c now 59c save 40 cent.

Super six meats same dates apply!
    Pork loin joint plain/stuffed was 6.99 now 6.00 save 99cent.
    Large ham 2kg was 8.99 now 6.00 save 2.99.
    Round roast beef joint 1.16kg 6.00.
    Breaded chicken fillets 750 grams was 6.65 now 6.00 save 65 cent.
    8 chicken fillets portions 824 grams 6.00.
    Irish striploin steaks 376 grams was 6.99 now 6.00 save 99 cent.

Are you sure it is €6 per 376g?
    Sounds expensive to me tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

wonski wrote: »
    Are you sure it is €6 per 376g?
    Sounds expensive to me tbh.

That's what the leaflet says anyway!

Advertisement