Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limbo...potential intake 6?

• 28-08-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

How many of you lovely folk have passed everything for 2013 campaign and are playing the waiting game? Need someone to chat with as driving myself mad with the constant phone checking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol chick you know I'm chief resident in limbo land lmao xx

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol chick you know I'm chief resident in limbo land lmao xx

I should have made the title "MOP A TOP'S LIMBO CREW"

Lmfao!!!!! Please don't, I'll never leave. Vetting still not done :( think I'll be here forever x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

LadyVernal wrote: »
    How many of you lovely folk have passed everything for 2013 campaign and are playing the waiting game? Need someone to chat with as driving myself mad with the constant phone checking

The waiting game is a bit frustrating but in a few more weeks it will hopefully be over.

I havent called about my vetting just hoping it is complete. I am sure I will be itching to call in a couple of weeks. JMcClane - when did you hear about passing your medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

I completed my medical at the end of July.

Same as me

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C.George

Lmfao!!!!! Please don't, I'll never leave. Vetting still not done :( think I'll be here forever x

Also waiting. How do you know your vetting isn't complete? I sent mine in May and never heard anything back.

C.George wrote: »
    Also waiting. How do you know your vetting isn't complete? I sent mine in May and never heard anything back.

Sent my vetting off in march, did my medical mid May. We did the comparing scores and timelines and I was around the same as Dutch and Fenners from intake 4, then scores lower than mine were getting in on intake 5 I rang HR and I emailed vetting but they only told me it's still outstanding and I'd be notified if "there was a significant change" ie I get a call or I get the dear john letter.

Don't know what's holding it up cos I'm as square as they come, think not putting my ex details down might have slowed it, we were separated over 3 years like the forms said bit they probably still check.

Hope to hell it gets a move on, I've missed 3 lots of calls and now I know my score is good enough. Its really nice seeing people you've become quite fond of progressing and posting they're in but it does get quite hard to watch too, really not enjoying limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C.George

Sent my vetting off in march, did my medical mid May. We did the comparing scores and timelines and I was around the same as Dutch and Fenners from intake 4, then scores lower than mine were getting in on intake 5 I rang HR and I emailed vetting but they only told me it's still outstanding and I'd be notified if "there was a significant change" ie I get a call or I get the dear john letter.

Don't know what's holding it up cos I'm as square as they come, think not putting my ex details down might have slowed it, we were separated over 3 years like the forms said bit they probably still check.

Hope to hell it gets a move on, I've missed 3 lots of calls and now I know my score is good enough. Its really nice seeing people you've become quite fond of progressing and posting they're in but it does get quite hard to watch too, really not enjoying limbo.

Ok thanks maybe you're not as square as you think haha. That is a long time to be waiting though. Do you know if anyone has had a thanks but no thanks letter or will they kust keep everyone hanging on until the whole campaign is finished?

Looking back through the other intakes it seems people got the call in the 1st week or 2 of April, May, June, July & August. So maybe next week or the week after you will get the call.

• Advertisement

Haven't heard of anyone on this getting the no thanks letter so I'll keep working through 2014 campaign and live in hope that 2013 will come good for me. If not I'm cracking on with the coaching courses etc I've been putting off for months. Calls come every 4/5 weeks. If it's meant for me it won't pass me

Haven't heard of anyone on this getting the no thanks letter so I'll keep working through 2014 campaign and live in hope that 2013 will come good for me. If not I'm cracking on with the coaching courses etc I've been putting off for months. Calls come every 4/5 weeks. If it's meant for me it won't pass me

Do you reckon they could still turn round and say no thanks to people how have passed everything? The A/C was not the easiest and really dont want to go through that again lol

Yeah I do. Same if you're not working well I GV, I reckon it will be a quite word and asked to improve then leave. They've done it before. It's a job where you need to be on your game and if your not you should be asked to leave. Shouldn't matter who you are or where you are. Just my personal opinion that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redbull1990

Yep waiting as well. I've passed everything including vetting which if you ring up they should tell you depending on the person your speaking to. My score at AC was 67 and medical passed start of August. In the last intake they where down to 68's so fingers crossed its this intake!

Lol and it's posts like Redbull's that kill me lol. Well done. If you don't get a call in sept or oct I'd be very surprised. Well done x

Yeah I do. Same if you're not working well I GV, I reckon it will be a quite word and asked to improve then leave. They've done it before. It's a job where you need to be on your game and if your not you should be asked to leave. Shouldn't matter who you are or where you are. Just my personal opinion that's all.

I intend to work extremely hard and be 100% dedicated in GV. I mean now. Could they send me dear john letter now before I get the call

Yep waiting as well. I've passed everything including vetting which if you ring up they should tell you depending on the person your speaking to. My score at AC was 67 and medical passed start of August. In the last intake they where down to 68's so fingers crossed its this intake!

I got 68 in AC and failed, appealed and passed medical. My medical was mid/late July. Think I will give vetting a call today. Anyone know what number is best to call?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I got 68 in AC and failed, appealed and passed medical. My medical was mid/late July. Think I will give vetting a call today. Anyone know what number is best to call?

I dare say you'd be quicker e-mailng them, Lady V. I've emailed them twice now and received replies within the hour. The email address is in your AC results email!

You can call 101 and ask for recruitment. They're the ones that sort the merit list when vetting give you the all clear and make the illusive calls lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Is a typical intake all say 68-70 AC score or what is the range? What will happen now more people presumably have scores in the mid 60s etc

• Advertisement

Lol I hope it goes up to 71 or I'm getting the Dear John :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redbull1990

I just rang 101, asked to be put through to HR and just explain your situation. Just say your applying, a few of your friends have rang up and found out that they've passed everything and you want to know if you have. They told me no problem. Lol Mop, yeah I'm really hoping il get the call soon and hope you do too!

Lol Redbull's looking rid of me!!!! Lmao :D

Dekkers wrote: »
    I dare say you'd be quicker e-mailng them, Lady V. I've emailed them twice now and received replies within the hour. The email address is in your AC results email![/QU

thanks Dekkers. just sent the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

also in limbo. think it will happen in next one or two intakes :))))

Received an email back today and my vetting is complete, a small weight of my shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Received an email back today and my vetting is complete, a small weight of my shoulders

Nice one, how long ago did you contact them? I emailed them about a week ago and still haven't heard anything

col212 wrote: »
    Nice one, how long ago did you contact them? I emailed them about a week ago and still haven't heard anything

I sent the email on Friday at 6 as they were closed. Got the reply before 9 this morning. Did you send the email to the email address that is in the AC results email?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mahoney1

I emailed them last week too and they got back quite quickly (within the hour i think) and mine isn't completed yet. I did the medical last week and misuse test wouldn't have been done.
    Do you think that misuse test is classed as vetting as well or separate to it? and that's why it wouldn't be complete?

• Advertisement

mahoney1 wrote: »
    I emailed them last week too and they got back quite quickly (within the hour i think) and mine isn't completed yet. I did the medical last week and misuse test wouldn't have been done.
    Do you think that misuse test is classed as vetting as well or separate to it? and that's why it wouldn't be complete?

I would assume the misuse test is seperate.

Advertisement