Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Elves 2015 & 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I should add, anyone interested in taking part post in here :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

If you are looking for a guiney-pig to see how it'll take, just send me a pm and I'll get the 'Get to Know your Elves' rolling for Christmas 2014.

This year will be my 1st full lead-up to Christmas with my Late Loving Dad as Dad was laid to Rest the day before Christmas Eve 2013, but this was always his season. Dad just loved this time of year so he did and ensured we all did too :)

I'll answer what I can though, but can't guarantee an answer to everything asked.

So just let me know,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks kerry4sam! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You can sign me up too!

(I'll go after kerry4sam) :p

Brillant Posy!

I'm putting my name down. The sign ups so far are;

Kerry4sam
    Posy
    Loughc
    washiskin
    CarrieAnne
    SarahLil
    Gidget
    AlanS

We'll kick off tomorrow with kerry4sam and depending on how many people sign up will depend on the frequency of how long each person will be in the spotlight for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ah shur goawwwwn...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Count me in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

count me, I'm fairly new gals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

pop me down so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Can I put my name down? :)

• Advertisement

Can I put my name down? :)

Of course you can! The more the merrier! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

There are around 17 weeks until Christmas so what if we get 17 different Boardsies and have the questions running from Monday to Friday or less depending on the demand?

Maybe even get some more people to sign up just in case someone isn't able to answer the questions or if one thread becomes inactive ages before the next is due to start?

Just an idea and I really love this whole concept! :pac:

That's the plan to get one for each week before Christmas so far we only have 8 signed up so we'll see how we get on :-)

Glad you like the concept! :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

me aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Count me in! :)

Loughc wrote: »

Kerry4sam
    Posy - In Progress
    Loughc
    washiskin
    CarrieAnne
    SarahLil
    Gidget
    AlanS
    Moonbeam
    Irishgurll
    Alicat
    Bobblehead panda

Updated List

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Count me in too, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Go on so, stick me on the list. :)

Done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Put my name on the list if ye want :)

• Advertisement

Posy - In Progress
    Loughc
    washiskin
    CarrieAnne
    SarahLil
    Gidget
    AlanS
    Moonbeam
    Irishgurll
    Alicat
    Bobblehead panda
    Liamo22
    Baby and crumble

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

PICK ME PICK ME!!!

PICK ME PICK ME!!!

Consider it done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

ok im in

Updated List

Loughc - In progress
    washiskin
    CarrieAnne
    SarahLil
    Gidget
    AlanS
    Moonbeam
    Irishgurll
    Alicat
    Bobblehead panda
    Liamo22
    Baby and crumble
    Delw

As it stands that list will keep us going until 2 weeks before Christmas :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've just been checking the calendar on my laptop to see how far that gets us!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Can I join in too, or is that getting too close to Christmas?

Scarinae wrote: »
    Can I join in too, or is that getting too close to Christmas?

Of course you can join! The more the merrier :-D

• Advertisement

Updated List

Loughc - In progress
    washiskin
    CarrieAnne
    SarahLil
    Gidget
    AlanS
    Moonbeam
    Irishgurll
    Alicat
    Bobblehead panda
    Liamo22