Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payscales

• 27-08-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm aware pay has significantly dropped for PSNI new recruits (It used to say 23k on billboard advertisements, now its 19k)

Im just curious as to whether payscales are advertised - ie pay after 2,3,5 or 10 years service.

By googling I've just got one from 2007. With such a low starting amount I think we deserve to know what we're getting into down the line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

someone did post on another thread what the payscales will be. if you have a quick look through the forum you should find it (cant remember exactly what thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Hi all

I'm aware pay has significantly dropped for PSNI new recruits (It used to say 23k on billboard advertisements, now its 19k)

Im just curious as to whether payscales are advertised - ie pay after 2,3,5 or 10 years service.

By googling I've just got one from 2007. With such a low starting amount I think we deserve to know what we're getting into down the line

can't remember the link but type into google psni pay gov.com. comes up chief pay and click into that if I am correct it will give you each years pay

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

cheers guys

Are the pay points years or promotions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Apparently each increment is subject to a review on your yearly performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Cheers,

Do you know what the craic is with year 7 - Looks like newer entrants go to £36885 but previous have go up slowly until year 10.... Guess I'm reading that wrong?

Advertisement