Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBOX misaligned disc tray

• 22-08-2014 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

the disc tray on my 360 got stuck in the middle of closing and after lots of searching online I eventually found out that the tray gears were misaligned but the the poster on YouTube must of filmed the video with a dirty kinect or something, in other words I could hear him but couldn't see how he sorted it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

twinex wrote: »
    the disc tray on my 360 got stuck in the middle of closing and after lots of searching online I eventually found out that the tray gears were misaligned but the the poster on YouTube must of filmed the video with a dirty kinect or something, in other words I could hear him but couldn't see how he sorted it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.....

Can you push it in with your hand? or is it proper wedged? the tray went abit fooked on my old xbox but putting it laying flat and trying to open it then usually did the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

evo2000 wrote: »
    Can you push it in with your hand? or is it proper wedged? the tray went abit fooked on my old xbox but putting it laying flat and trying to open it then usually did the trick

it can be pushed in and out about half an inch and ive completely taken the console apart even the tray off the drive nothing is broken. I just can't get the tray to realign with the gears. the video i saw hit the nail on the head i believe but for the life of me I cant see how he does it.... here's the link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx8FB-TPprc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't know if the phat xbox 360 disc drive is the same as the slim as it's a long time since I messed around with an xbox.
    But what I gather from video is take off the tray and them wind the gear like he did so it is fully up and then slide the tray back on and it should be fixed.

I don't know if the phat xbox 360 disc drive is the same as the slim as it's a long time since I messed around with an xbox.
    But what I gather from video is take off the tray and them wind the gear like he did so it is fully up and then slide the tray back on and it should be fixed.

I've literally spent all day since my last post but I've figured it out. The main gear has a tiny arrow on it and it must be aligned opposite to a raised arrow like piece of plastic just under the gear. I put back the xbox back together and what happened.......the God damn (3)red rings of doom. Why do I bother :confused::mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sorry to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

twinex wrote: »
    I've literally spent all day since my last post but I've figured it out. The main gear has a tiny arrow on it and it must be aligned opposite to a raised arrow like piece of plastic just under the gear. I put back the xbox back together and what happened.......the God damn (3)red rings of doom. Why do I bother :confused::mad::confused:

Thats a sickener man.. have you had any luck on you tube surely someone must have the same problem

evo2000 wrote: »
    Thats a sickener man.. have you had any luck on you tube surely someone must have the same problem

The thing with the red rings I find is that with every YouTube video about them there is a different cause and solution...my Xbox has the rings and no action from the console at all and a lot of handling, as in taking apart/back together due to the disc tray in the past few days.

Advertisement