Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

This post has been deleted.
    Yeah it's happened to me before with them, but between that and the missing credit from the last couple of surveys makes me think something's not right, I think I'll hold off doing any others for the time being. I just sent them a message and will report back if there's any information forthcoming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The profile section on the website now has more subpages, and hasn't transferred the old answers.

Completed a survey and got a "sorry, you've already done this survey" message at the end. Emailed as I did get the credit for one added afterwards for that once. Just once! edit: same survey as Frank had issues with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Yeah it's happened to me before with them, but between that and the missing credit from the last couple of surveys makes me think something's not right, I think I'll hold off doing any others for the time being. I just sent them a message and will report back if there's any information forthcoming.

waste of time ive sent an email a while back with 2nd and 3rd requests in the subject heading and no response at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

waste of time ive sent an email a while back with 2nd and 3rd requests in the subject heading and no response at all
    I know I could be wasting my time but it's worth a shot anyway. I got a standard/automated response back earlier and replied to asking them to check out my queries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I just got a snotty email from Acumen reminding me about T&Cs and confidentiality/copyright and how failure to comply will result in closure of account!?

I've no idea why that was sent to me as I just took a couple of surveys more just because I think having good data for Ireland is useful sometimes.

Anyway, I've no idea why they sent me that. So I closed my account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I just got a snotty email from reminding me about T&Cs and confidentiality/copyright and how failure to comply will result in closure of account!?

I've no idea why that was sent to me as I just took a couple of surveys more just because I think having good data for Ireland is useful sometimes.

That's just a standard periodic email. I got similar from another survey company today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I just got a snotty email from reminding me about T&Cs and confidentiality/copyright and how failure to comply will result in closure of account!?

I got the same snotty email, personally addressed, and considered closing account but said I would wait a day or two. Like yourself, I knew every survey I did for them was completed perfectly and that I hadn't breached security or whatever.
    Today got another, not snotty email explaining that yesterday's was a 'general reminder' sent to everyone.
    Strange stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

dee_mc wrote: »
    I got the same snotty email, personally addressed, and considered closing account but said I would wait a day or two. Like yourself, I knew every survey I did for them was completed perfectly and that I hadn't breached security or whatever.
    Today got another, not snotty email explaining that yesterday's was a 'general reminder' sent to everyone.
    Strange stuff!

Was that not Acumen Panel rather than Irish Opinions?

I actually only ever took part because I actually think it's important to have consumer opinion data for Ireland.

They sent me cinema tickets once and a couple of quid in vouchers certainly wasn't a motivating factor.

It's the same reason I will answer questions from say Behaviour and Attitudes occasionally by phone poll. I've no problem taking calls from them, once in a blue moon if I'm free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Was that not Acumen rather than Irish Opinions?

It was indeed, was just about to edit my post :)

Was that not Acumen rather than Irish Opinions?

Mine was also from acumen. I've never used Irish Opinions.
    Apologies if there was confusion.. Didn't realise Irish Opinions was a company ... Thought it was a thread about the general idea of Irish opinion polling!

dee_mc wrote: »
    It was indeed, was just about to edit my post :)

So did I!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

What do you guys think of iReach Conversations? A classmate said that she had no problem in receiving the vouchers

But to get a reasonable amount is necessary to use a bunch of surveys sites, right?

edit:

She said that the Down point is that they only credit the points in your account some time later, would it be a problem? i mean, if the points arent give on the go, it would be "too late" to complain afterwards if something goes wrong with the survey\ etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

samueldw wrote: »
    What do you guys think of iReach Conversations? A classmate said that she had no problem in receiving the vouchers

But to get a reasonable amount is necessary to use a bunch of surveys sites, right?

edit:

She said that the Down point is that they only credit the points in your account some time later, would it be a problem? i mean, if the points arent give on the go, it would be "too late" to complain afterwards if something goes wrong with the survey\ etc?

They give you the choice of a draw or adding points. To add points you give your name and email address at the end of the survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

They give you the choice of a draw or adding points. To add points you give your name and email address at the end of the survey.

ahhh, i see.. which one is more "profitable"? the draw or points?

Thanks

Thanks

Neither. The surveys are scarce enough and the rewards are quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Thanks

I'd go for the points, guaranteed return (Eventually). That's because I never win anything in prize draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Just got my second €50 check from RedC today. Already up to 12 points, do they give more surveys once you cash out once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

RainyDay wrote: »
    I've completed a couple of surveys this week, but it is still showing as 'no rewards pending', which is strange. Is anyone else seeing this?
    Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Last pending was on the 25th. Im sure ive done a couple since then. will keep an eye on the next one to see if it shows up in the list.
    Yeah the last two I completed have been the same; I did one a couple of minutes ago and another on the 23rd and neither are showing.

Same again today - completed an Arnotts survey, and nothing showing in pending. I'm not doing any more until they respond and fix this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

RainyDay wrote: »
    Same again today - completed an Arnotts survey, and nothing showing in pending. I'm not doing any more until they respond and fix this.

That one went straight into my "current award balance", it bypassed the "pending credits".

That happens for some surveys, the last page says something like "you have been credited in full for this survey".

If your click on your "vouchers issued history" and scroll down past all the rewards you've been issued it might be in your "reward history"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Skid X wrote: »
    That one went straight into my "current award balance", it bypassed the "pending credits".

That happens for some surveys, the last page says something like "you have been credited in full for this survey".

If your click on your "vouchers issued history" and scroll down past all the rewards you've been issued it might be in your "reward history"

You're right, thanks - that's a big improvement. I'm fairly sure that there was some time lag involved, so immediately after the survey, my 'current awards balance' hadn't been updated, but it is updated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Has anyone tried ordering one of the Easons evouchers on IO? I just tried and got a message saying they were unavailable at the moment and to try again in 14-28 days. Seems kinda crazy when they've only just started offering them.

Had the same survey from both Irish Opinions and another company. €2 from IP and £1.50 from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Did anyone else do a particularly odd survey today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I just did one for "Financial Products" on IO. Reward: 75c for 10 minutes. Just a heads up it takes longer than 10 minutes and is full of drop down Likert Scales which must be answered before you proceed. Painful and probable RSI...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Me too:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Any opinons about Europinions.ie? I made few survey, requested 30€ pay out over month ago but still nothing. Rang them, have been promised that someone will contact me, sent few email, no respond. Just wondering how i can get my earned money.

Advertisement