Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

just caught someone hacking/cheating

• 19-08-2014 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Long story short, some kind of invisibility thing caught on theatre...how do I send it to servers (report it somehow)???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

djflawless wrote: »
    Long story short, some kind of invisibility thing caught on theatre...how do I send it to servers (report it somehow)???

Why would you be bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Emmm cos it pisses me off?
    If a prick isn't able to play a game properly I think he deserves a report...
    I know it might sound childish, but then again I'm 23 playing video games soooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Emmm cos it pisses me off?
    If a prick isn't able to play a game properly I think he deserves a report...
    I know it might sound childish, but then again I'm 23 playing video games soooo....

He's playing his way... Leave him be... Who exactly is going to do anything.. I doubt Microsoft or Activision/Treyarch care.. If it's 360 it's probably an old COD.. So their focus is on Advanced Warfare right now... You may as well not bother trying mate

Well to be sour about it, i got permanently banned from making emblems on b.o.3 a week ago so I'm sure someone would have to look at it
    I'll be trying to report him anyways as I intend on playing 360 for awhile yet
    BTW, the game was mw3 which is what I mostly play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's been hacked like that for months. I'll throw mw3 every once in a while and always come up against these muppets.

It's a pity because mw3 is the best cod game Imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Well to be sour about it, i got permanently banned from making emblems on b.o.3 a week ago so I'm sure someone would have to look at it
    I'll be trying to report him anyways as I intend on playing 360 for awhile yet
    BTW, the game was mw3 which is what I mostly play

B.O 3? You must of got a sneaky leaked copy :)

B.O 3? You must of got a sneaky leaked copy :)

Fat thumb, apologies ha B.o.2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

View their gamercard and either file complaint or report, can't remember the exact word but you should find it easy enough. Chances are nothing will be done, but since you asked, that's how you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

I only ever play Hc s&d on mw3 but ive encountered a lot of hackers. One guy didnt need to wait for the countdown at the start of the round and was invisible so he was practically in the other teams spawn at the start of a round.

Thats not playing the game 'his way' It is ruining a game for everyone else. If you need these mods find a few others and take it to private match. No harm done then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I only ever play Hc s&d on mw3 but ive encountered a lot of hackers. One guy didnt need to wait for the countdown at the start of the round and was invisible so he was practically in the other teams spawn at the start of a round.

Thats not playing the game 'his way' It is ruining a game for everyone else. If you need these mods find a few others and take it to private match. No harm done then

This is the reason why, I will never ever buy another CoD game. Because neither Activision or whoever is supposed to be in charge of fixing this never bother doing it. They got our money and all they care is to release a new version asap so us suckers will buy it... well not me, I am sick of these crooks

• Advertisement

Well unless they make a world war 1/2 multiplayer for Xbox 360, i won't be buying any c.o.d games.b.o 2 got too advanced to the future for my likings

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ha Ha what were hacks in the older games are now perks in Advanced Warfare, cloaking super jumps, someone needs to bring COD back to basics and I hope its Treyarch!

On reporting players I continue to do it when I come across it, for example on Ghost's I will report players under exploiting for constantly using the little launcher to noobtube me and my team, I consider that exploiting!
    I also check players playtime when the game is released if they are near the top prestige with only 2 or 3 days played! I also take screen shots of the playercard and send it via twitter to support and have seen some of the players I've reported banned after a week or two.

Ha Ha what were hacks in the older games are now perks in Advanced Warfare, cloaking super jumps, someone needs to bring COD back to basics and I hope its Treyarch!

On reporting players I continue to do it when I come across it, for example on Ghost's I will report players under exploiting for constantly using the little launcher to noobtube me and my team, I consider that exploiting!
    I also check players playtime when the game is released if they are near the top prestige with only 2 or 3 days played! I also take screen shots of the playercard and send it via twitter to support and have seen some of the players I've reported banned after a week or two.

Well I have the lads gamer tag, and also have the incident clipped down to just the part where I have yer man caught, in my theatre
    Ive no objection to some eejit hacking, but keep it to your own lobby's and friends ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Well I have the lads gamer tag, and also have the incident clipped down to just the part where I have yer man caught, in my theatre
    Ive no objection to some eejit hacking, but keep it to your own lobby's and friends ffs!!!

Report him as a cheater, and send the clip to publishers. Used to do it all the time but haven't played In a while so can't remember the exact details.
    If you don't, don't expect.anyone else to and then it gets worse

Report him as a cheater, and send the clip to publishers. Used to do it all the time but haven't played In a while so can't remember the exact details.
    If you don't, don't expect.anyone else to and then it gets worse
    That's really what I wanted to know.how to literally report straight to servers,as from what I've heard, doing it thru gamer tag, is as good as sitting at home putting a jihad on him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I usually let the cheating scum know via message that I reported them as well, they usually deny it at first then get abusive, with me as well leaving me to report them again :-)

back to mw3 and more of the same...

Reporting doest make a difference, nobody cares about it. I see the same people cheating over and over again and none of them seem to get a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Its a real shame as i actually fancied a few games tonight. Prob wont bother now.

Game developers should have a certain time in which they have to maintain the upkeep of a game. At the moment they just seem to let it rot after they have peddled out their dlc's. Its really crap like

Its a real shame as i actually fancied a few games tonight. Prob wont bother now.

Game developers should have a certain time in which they have to maintain the upkeep of a game. At the moment they just seem to let it rot after they have peddled out their dlc's. Its really crap like

This is the exact reason why I dont understand how people can even consider buying more of their CoD releases... I mean, it is just a matter of principles.

Is like breaking up with your girlfriend because she cheated on you and they coming back together, she will cheat again, break up, and then come back together, over and over... weird.

Let me know if your on 360 and I'll join you

• Advertisement
Advertisement