Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese Android Phones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

I ordered the elephone p8 from chinavasion on Saturday for €154. Its now €138 on etotalk for anyone waiting for the price to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

Inbox wrote: »
    Guys do the octacore mediatek phones have unreliable GPS for navigation. I'm looking for a new phone and need the navigation to work. Any recommendations please. Thanks
    I think it's more complicated than one chipset working & another not. My friends tengda s5 based on the mtk6592 had unusable gps. No satellite lock at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm needing your help.
    I inadvertently ordered a Zopo ZP 998 from the Zopo EU Store. Is anyone planning on buying one who would take it off me if I cant cancel.
    It cost €260 including shipping.(

Email Zopo Store straight away - there should be no reason why they cant cancel the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I ordered the elephone p8 from chinavasion on Saturday for €154. Its now €138 on etotalk for anyone waiting for the price to drop.

Have you found a decent screen protector ? I have read that it's a problem because of the unusual screen size.

Discodog wrote: »
    Have you found a decent screen protector ? I have read that it's a problem because of the unusual screen size.

I completely forgot about that. I'll have to do some searching now.

• Advertisement

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I completely forgot about that. I'll have to do some searching now.

I would especially as the P8 doesn't have Gorilla glass. I am still torn between the P8 & the Xiaomi Note. What made you choose the P8 ?

I would especially as the P8 doesn't have Gorilla glass. I am still torn between the P8 & the Xiaomi Note. What made you choose the P8 ?

I forgot about the note when I ordered it haha. Very similar specs but p8 has KitKat and I wasn't sure about xiaomi's modified system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Would a Samsung Note 3 screen protector be worth a try? The P8 looks an awful lot like a Note 3, even if a shade bigger.

corwill wrote: »
    Would a Samsung Note 3 screen protector be worth a try? The P8 looks an awful lot like a Note 3, even if a shade bigger.

I was just thinking that.
    They look almost identical. I did read somewhere before that they are not actually cloning the note 3 so they must be very similar. I'll order some off eBay now. Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

• Advertisement

Thanks but I just bought 10 note 3 one's off eBay for €2.99. Coming from Dublin as well. I'll make one of them fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Jaysus barely a yellow tint, hes calmed down now, seems to be going down in shade with body heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Put it in the sun, it solves it according to the OPO thread.

Jaysus barely a yellow tint, hes calmed down now, seems to be going down in shade with body heat.

Sunlight/UV light is meant to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

He will tomorrow ill update.

Has anyone spotted the new 4g Xioami Note for sale? Apparently it's the the same price as the 3g version.

Finally pulled the trigger on a Xiaomi Mi3 (64gb, black) from xiaomishop, to be delivered from their EU warehouse. Fingers crossed! I'll let ye know how I get on, one way or another. As opposed to hoovering up tips and advice, then disappearing like Keyser Soze, as seems to happen on this thread a bit.

Finally pulled the trigger on a Xiaomi Mi3 (64gb, black) from xiaomishop, to be delivered from their EU warehouse. Fingers crossed! I'll let ye know how I get on, one way or another. As opposed to hoovering up tips and advice, then disappearing like Keyser Soze, as seems to happen on this thread a bit.

Yes I agree. Please let us know how you get on. It doesn't help that the thread is so active. Reviews etc can easily be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got my refund from zopo. Thankfully

I've emailed antelife about European shipping. It's every country bar Ireland so probably a bug.
    If not I can ship to the inlaws.

Any word on the xiaomi note 4g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Got my refund from zopo. Thankfully

I've emailed antelife about European shipping. It's every country bar Ireland so probably a bug.
    If not I can ship to the inlaws.

Any word on the xiaomi note 4g

Use Parcel Motel if they won't ship to Ireland for free.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Shipping costs depending on location. Never thought of PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Has anyone spotted the new 4g Xioami Note for sale? Apparently it's the the same price as the 3g version.
    Definitely interested in an answer to this, where did you get your original info from? If its just a placeholder entry in some shop before they get stock then thats never reliable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Lucas Hood wrote: »

They don't ship to the UK either (and wouldn't be free if they did)

They only do EU shipping to these countries, no harm in asking them though

2por3px.png

spix wrote: »

2por3px.png

I can ship to Slovakia if needed :) didn't check every country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    Did you think Spix was lying?? :eek:
    I asked for evidence, didn't get any & emailed Xiaomi.
    spix wrote: »

2por3px.png

I hope you have 'evidence' of this ??!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mi4 order has moved from In Stock, to pre order, to preparing to ship on xiaomishop
    a little cheeky of them to mark it as in stock when technically the stock hadn't arrived in yet. However it looks like it should ship with the 8 days they promised me when I emailed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

http://www.etotalk.com/lenovo-a806-4g-lte_p6477.html

Unbelievable value if it sells for this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oreillylad

Hi lads was reading through the tread there and yous know what yous are talking about any advise on what the goophones are like or what phone should I get? I've about €200 to spend
    Any help grateful cheers

fixxxer wrote: »
    Mi4 order has moved from In Stock, to pre order, to preparing to ship on xiaomishop
    a little cheeky of them to mark it as in stock when technically the stock hadn't arrived in yet. However it looks like it should ship with the 8 days they promised me when I emailed them.

Were you waiting long for it to change from "payment verified" to the next update?

• Advertisement

oreillylad wrote: »
    Hi lads was reading through the tread there and yous know what yous are talking about any advise on what the goophones are like or what phone should I get? I've about €200 to spend
    Any help grateful cheers

What were you hoping to get for your €200? 4G vs only 3G? Memory card slot? Battery life? Screen res.? RAM? On-board memory? Screen size?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Checked DHL tracker this morning-- my Mi3 was in Ireland at 7am! Already! And 10 minutes ago it was at my door. Delighted. Very happy with Xiaomishop.

Just one thing: when you order from them, if you dont fancy pink, leave a comment with your preference for the colour of the complimentary phone case :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Right, I too Pulled da trigger today......

I went for Elephone p8 from etotalk....dunno why, just went with my gut. Looks good, good specs. all in €170. I'm not concerned about customs, if I get caught for the vat, I can claim it back thru' my business.

Will not dissappear either, will post reviews and experience.

19543261 wrote: »
    Checked DHL tracker this morning-- my Mi3 was in Ireland at 7am! Already! And 10 minutes ago it was at my door. Delighted. Very happy with Xiaomishop.

Just one thing: when you order from them, if you dont fancy pink, leave a comment with your preference for the colour of the complimentary phone case :P

Iirc, you only ordered it about 3 days ago?

What were you hoping to get for your €200? 4G vs only 3G? Memory card slot? Battery life? Screen res.? RAM? On-board memory? Screen size?
    3g or 4G I'm.not pushed on that part! Memory card yes battery life a decent battery good resolution possibly hd 2gb ram and above 8gb rom.

Any help at all is grateful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I like the Jiayu G5S and G4S. Both come in under 200 on mixeshop.com and fit your requirements.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    I like the Jiayu G5S and G4S. Both come in under 200 on mixeshop.com and fit your requirements.

What's delivery and customs like on them?

Iirc, you only ordered it about 3 days ago?

Yeah, I ordered it on Saturday. I received email yesterday at 11am confirming it was shipped.
    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 18, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]17:23[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Trieste - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione ritirata[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 18, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]17:56[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Trieste - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Processed at Trieste - Italy [/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 18, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]18:47[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Trieste - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione partita dall'Hub DHL di Trieste - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 18, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]20:02[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Venice - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione arrivata all'Hub DHL di Venice - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 18, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]20:47[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Venice - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Processed at Venice - Italy [/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 18, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]22:52[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Venice - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione partita dall'Hub DHL di Venice - Italy[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]00:09[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Leipzig - Germany[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione arrivata all'Hub DHL di Leipzig - Germany[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]00:26[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Leipzig - Germany[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Processed at Leipzig - Germany [/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]01:42[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Leipzig - Germany[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione partita dall'Hub DHL di Leipzig - Germany[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]04:57[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]East Midlands - UK[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Conferma transito in East Midlands - UK[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]04:59[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]East Midlands - UK[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione partita dall'Hub DHL di East Midlands - UK[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]07:20[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Dublin - Ireland, Republic of[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione arrivata all'Hub DHL di Dublin - Ireland, Republic of[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]07:28[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Dublin - Ireland, Republic of[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione arrivata negli uffici DHL[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]07:48[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Dublin - Ireland, Republic of[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione affidata al corriere DHL per la consegna[/SIZE][/FONT]    [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Agosto 19, 2014[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]10:57[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Dublin - Ireland, Republic of[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial][SIZE=1]Spedizione consegnata in data:[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeah, I ordered it on Saturday. I received email yesterday at 11am confirming it was shipped.

If I do as well as you, I should have mine by the end of the week, so fingers crossed.

Did you order any accessories on top of the free stuff? I ordered a couple of cases.

corwill wrote:
    Were you waiting long for it to change from "payment verified" to the next update?

Took about 24 hours I think to change. When it went to pre order I emailed them. They got back to me the next day.

Khannie wrote: »

Both seem like good phones only thing is there very similar to the iPhone and I just sold 2 of them because got bored of there os and look

• Advertisement

If I do as well as you, I should have mine by the end of the week, so fingers crossed.

Did you order any accessories on top of the free stuff? I ordered a couple of cases.

No I didn't (although I probably should have). The free case/covering is sufficient for now. Oh, and enjoy your new phone :)

Would order from them again. I'll be recommending them to family and friends for sure.

No I didn't (although I probably should have). The free case/covering is sufficient for now. Oh, and enjoy your new phone :)

Would order from them again. I'll be recommending them to family and friends for sure.

which phone did you guys order from xoamishop ?

Ive seen some nice phones elsewhere but budget is an issue and customs will bring me over.
    xoami note looked nice!

Ive seen some nice phones elsewhere but budget is an issue and customs will bring me over.
    xoami note looked nice!

Mi3 16gb. I had no trouble with customs using their EU Direct service. They listed the contents as "Accessori telefonia".

xoami note looked nice!

I went with the Mi3 64gb, being too lazy to be moving stuff out of my phone's memory very often. Here's hoping I get it as quickly as 19543261 did.

The Redmi Note looks good kit, here's a fairly decent review of it on cnet - http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/xiaomi-redmi-note/

Thargor wrote: »
    Definitely interested in an answer to this, where did you get your original info from? If its just a placeholder entry in some shop before they get stock then thats never reliable...

I haven't seen it for sale but they have have started releasing them. Snapdragon & single sim.

I suspect that, like all the Chinese phones, the 4g won't work here on all networks . Hopefully the 3g versions will drop in price.

xoami note looked nice!

Mi4 as I mentioned, was listed as In Stock until I paid then I got an update saying it was actually a Pre-order. They Updated me the next day as to when stock was expected.

Not a fan of doing it like that but its a better experience than i had with expansys.ie where three weeks in a row I was told stock was imminent and then didnt show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Gizchina hasn't even got a Mi4 yet.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that pre-order. I seen they were expected to be on sale in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

fixxxer wrote: »
    Mi4 as I mentioned, was listed as In Stock until I paid then I got an update saying it was actually a Pre-order. They Updated me the next day as to when stock was expected.

Not a fan of doing it like that but its a better experience than i had with expansys.ie where three weeks in a row I was told stock was imminent and then didnt show up.

Don't think you will see this being available for some time yet.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Don't think you will see this being available for some time yet.

I was hoping that it would appear & drop the price of the Mi3. Will the Mi4 work here on 4g?

Well the order is listed as in preparation for dispatch, so unless they get in touch with me I can only assume it will be sent out in the next day or two.

The Mi4 4g isnt available yet, this one is 3G only. Suits me fine to be honest, not interested in switching up to eMobiles 4G plan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement