Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

1787980818284»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

I heard on here that there was, unfortunately for me my br won't be ready until September at the earliest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

How long u waiting now coolock ?it will be 2 years in a month for me and still no medical

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    How long u waiting now coolock ?it will be 2 years in a month for me and still no medical

I applied Febuary 2013 and had my last interview with the inspector in April 2014 so a good wait, my br form is small as my family is only 2 uncles 2 aunts and a nan and Granda so not much to check and no criminal record in the family so hope hear back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

coolock94 wrote: »
    I applied Febuary 2013 and had my last interview with the inspector in April 2014 so a good wait, my br form is small as my family is only 2 uncles 2 aunts and a nan and Granda so not much to check and no criminal record in the family so hope hear back soon.

Don't hold your breath. Focus now is on training proper full time Gardai.

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath. Focus now is on training proper full time Gardai.

I know mate just wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

I understand that currently the reserves numbers are at about 1200-1300 which was the original target (10% of the fulltime gardai) However due to some reserves being recruited as trainees and some exiting then I would imagine that some level of reserve recruitment would continue going forward even if the "focus now is on training proper fulltime gardai" as mentioned above.
    It should be said that it was the reserve training carried out in Templemore over the last 5 years that prevented the college from completely coming to a standstill.
    Consequently in all likelyhood some reserve recruitment will continue even if it does slow for a while so stay positive.

it will be interesting to see will they, hope they do

Can anyone tell me about if you have a PSA whats the process with that when you have to give it up etc? started up a forum not getting much answers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davykeating

As above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about if you have a PSA whats the process with that when you have to give it up etc? started up a forum not getting much answers

You cannot hold a PSA license while being a reserve or a fulltime member for that no matter what it's used for its a conflict of interest along with liquor licenses and taxi drivers etc....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

Hey , I got a call today from HQ asking if I would be able to attend training in September or November of this year , Iv been waiting the 3 years now , is anyone else in the same boat ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Hey , I got a call today from HQ asking if I would be able to attend training in September or November of this year , Iv been waiting the 3 years now , is anyone else in the same boat ? :)

I waiting for a call for training, but considering there was an intake of 500 regulars announced today i could be waiting a while!!!!

Advertisement