Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Musgrave cash & carry for christmas (or Halloween ) decorations?

• 11-08-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

Hi all :)

I normally do a musgraves stock up / run in the middle of the year, have never been up at Halloween / christmas time , and someone mentioned to me that they got some great value Halloween decorations and christmas tableware in musgraves ?

Does anyone know if this is the case - because if I travel up and don't find any decorations / accessories worth getting I'd only spend way too much in the sweat aisle :eek: (I'd like to say I wouldn't eat them and keep them up for Halloween/ christmas visitors but I'm not gonna kid myself .... They would be well gone by that stage :eek: :eek: ) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi all :)

I normally do a musgraves stock up / run in the middle of the year, have never been up at Halloween / christmas time , and someone mentioned to me that they got some great value Halloween decorations and christmas tableware in musgraves ?

Does anyone know if this is the case - because if I travel up and don't find any decorations / accessories worth getting I'd only spend way too much in the sweat aisle :eek: (I'd like to say I wouldn't eat them and keep them up for Halloween/ christmas visitors but I'm not gonna kid myself .... They would be well gone by that stage :eek: :eek: ) :)

Hi Glitzgirl. I have to say I would definitely recommend Musgraves for both Halloween and Christmas decorations. They usually have a great choice and some items you wouldn’t necessarily see in the shops. Real one off type of decorations. I have bought both Halloween and Christmas decoration there over the years and have never seen them any where else even in Musgraves any other year. One word of warning though they have both Halloween and Christmas stock in very early and it the good stuff usually sells out quiet quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi Glitzgirl. I have to say I would definitely recommend Musgraves for both Halloween and Christmas decorations. They usually have a great choice and some items you wouldn’t necessarily see in the shops. Real one off type of decorations. I have bought both Halloween and Christmas decoration there over the years and have never seen them any where else even in Musgraves any other year. One word of warning though they have both Halloween and Christmas stock in very early and it the good stuff usually sells out quiet quickly.

Really? Sounds great! Do you know if they do tableware ? I would have assumed they just do shop or business decorations as opposed to anything that you could use in your home ?! Do you Know roughly when they start displaying the Halloween stock? I'm assuming the christmas stock will be out at the same time if not directly after the Halloween stock! Thanks for your help :)

Really? Sounds great! Do you know if they do tableware ? I would have assumed they just do shop or business decorations as opposed to anything that you could use in your home ?! Do you Know roughly when they start displaying the Halloween stock? I'm assuming the christmas stock will be out at the same time if not directly after the Halloween stock! Thanks for your help :)

I don’t think I have never seen any Christmas themed tableware when I was there unfortunately. It’s mainly decorations and that type of thing. They would have table decorations such as a runner and garlands for the centre of the table. The decorations they have though you could definitely use at home. They have everything from your bog standard tinsel to trees, loads of indoor and outdoor lights, lots of various size garlands and wreaths. Lots of life size Santa, snowmen etc. I’m trying to remember what I have seen in there over the years like I said it really changes every year. I would nearly say the Halloween decorations may even be out now if not I would definitely expect them in the coming couple of weeks. I have been there around the last week of October or the week before even, and a lot the Halloween stock would be gone, and they would be starting to clear a large area for the Christmas stock, some of it would be out. They do lots of selection boxes, chocs and smelly sets type of thing as well. All in all I would recommend a trip. I will probably be there over the next couple of weeks. So I will let you know when the stock starts to appear.

I don’t think I have never seen any Christmas themed tableware when I was there unfortunately. It’s mainly decorations and that type of thing. They would have table decorations such as a runner and garlands for the centre of the table. The decorations they have though you could definitely use at home. They have everything from your bog standard tinsel to trees, loads of indoor and outdoor lights, lots of various size garlands and wreaths. Lots of life size Santa, snowmen etc. I’m trying to remember what I have seen in there over the years like I said it really changes every year. I would nearly say the Halloween decorations may even be out now if not I would definitely expect them in the coming couple of weeks. I have been there around the last week of October or the week before even, and a lot the Halloween stock would be gone, and they would be starting to clear a large area for the Christmas stock, some of it would be out. They do lots of selection boxes, chocs and smelly sets type of thing as well. All in all I would recommend a trip. I will probably be there over the next couple of weeks. So I will let you know when the stock starts to appear.

God getting excited now!! Hmm life size santas I so could use one of them! :D if you could let me know that would be fantastic! I have to travel up to it, so would be great to have a look through all the decorations! Would you have found much of a price difference between the christmas garlands in musgraves as opposed to the shops?

God getting excited now!! Hmm life size santas I so could use one of them! :D if you could let me know that would be fantastic! I have to travel up to it, so would be great to have a look through all the decorations! Would you have found much of a price difference between the christmas garlands in musgraves as opposed to the shops?

Haha everyone needs a life size Santa. :-) Sure it wouldn't be Christmas without one. I will definitely pop in over the next couple of weeks and let you know if it will be worth a trip this year. I think the prices would be fairly competitive (just remember the prices displayed are minus VAT). For me the real draw of it is not necessarily for the bargains, but for the more unique decoration they have. I just mentioned on another thread tonight about Christmas tress, that the M50 Christmas shop is definitely worth a look as well, again they have a large range of decorations. If you are going to Musgraves in either Ballymount or Ballymun, the M50 shop is only abit down the M50 either way.

• Advertisement

Haha everyone needs a life size Santa. :-) Sure it wouldn't be Christmas without one. I will definitely pop in over the next couple of weeks and let you know if it will be worth a trip this year. I think the prices would be fairly competitive (just remember the prices displayed are minus VAT). For me the real draw of it is not necessarily for the bargains, but for the more unique decoration they have. I just mentioned on another thread tonight about Christmas tress, that the M50 Christmas shop is definitely worth a look as well, again they have a large range of decorations. If you are going to Musgraves in either Ballymount or Ballymun, the M50 shop is only abit down the M50 either way.

God I'm embarrassed to say I am brutal at directions ! In case my name didn't protray my ahem "slightly stereotypical feminine nature" this next statement will.... Haven't a clue but I know it's in Robin Hood industrial estate ! I can drive there and drive Back again ...no diversions..... And to ikea of course! ;) where is the m50 christmas shop? That will definitely have to get a visit too ! Thanks so much for that!!

God I'm embarrassed to say I am brutal at directions ! In case my name didn't protray my ahem "slightly stereotypical feminine nature" this next statement will.... Haven't a clue but I know it's in Robin Hood industrial estate ! I can drive there and drive Back again ...no diversions..... And to ikea of course! ;) where is the m50 christmas shop? That will definitely have to get a visit too ! Thanks so much for that!!

Ha no problem, Im a Dub and I have that real Dub tendency to forget that not everyone knows where I am talking about. Believe me send me outside of Dublin and I would be brutal at directions as well :-) When I say Ballymount that is Robinhood Industrial Estate. If you can get to Ikea or Robinhood you would have no problem getting to the M50 Christmas shop it is very near Ikea actually. You would just have to come back onto the M50 at Ikea and head back south (as if you where going in the direction of Robinhood) but take the exit for Ashbourne. I am making it sound very complicated, but it is definitely not far from Ikea.

Ha no problem, Im a Dub and I have that real Dub tendency to forget that not everyone knows where I am talking about. Believe me send me outside of Dublin and I would be brutal at directions as well :-) When I say Ballymount that is Robinhood Industrial Estate. If you can get to Ikea or Robinhood you would have no problem getting to the M50 Christmas shop it is very near Ikea actually. You would just have to come back onto the M50 at Ikea and head back south (as if you where going in the direction of Robinhood) but take the exit for Ashbourne. I am making it sound very complicated, but it is definitely not far from Ikea.

Lol! :) my neighbour is from Dublin and looks at me funny every time she mentions somewhere and I just stare at her with this blank expression ... Kind of become a running joke between us at this stage ! No Ashbourne definitely sounds familiar well I've seen it on the signs on my trips up anyway! :D is the christmas shop in Ashbourne or just off the off ramp if you know what I mean!

Lol! :) my neighbour is from Dublin and looks at me funny every time she mentions somewhere and I just stare at her with this blank expression ... Kind of become a running joke between us at this stage ! No Ashbourne definitely sounds familiar well I've seen it on the signs on my trips up anyway! :D is the christmas shop in Ashbourne or just off the off ramp if you know what I mean!

LOL that definitely sounds familiar. I have similar conversations with people about going to town. I will say ‘I was in town on Saturday, (as in town being Dublin City Centre for me). I will be get the reply sure I was up the town as well, what where you doing down here (town, being the local town centre not Dublin City Centre in this case). It’s all very confusing hahaha. But yeah the M50 shop or Beech Vista Garden Centre as it is also known. Is literally just after the exit for Ashbourne.

LOL that definitely sounds familiar. I have similar conversations with people about going to town. I will say ‘I was in town on Saturday, (as in town being Dublin City Centre for me). I will be get the reply sure I was up the town as well, what where you doing down here (town, being the local town centre not Dublin City Centre in this case). It’s all very confusing hahaha. But yeah the M50 shop or Beech Vista Garden Centre as it is also known. Is literally just after the exit for Ashbourne.

Haha terrible to say I'm delighted that has happened to some one else and not just me ... Felt like a real oops moment! :) I was starting to develop a complex! When do they put out their stock do you know ? Feels like it will never get here!!

• Advertisement

Haha terrible to say I'm delighted that has happened to some one else and not just me ... Felt like a real oops moment! :) I was starting to develop a complex! When do they put out their stock do you know ? Feels like it will never get here!!

Haha I know how you feel :-)They have a great Halloween shop there as well, I haven't been out there at Halloween yet but I will definitely be going to have a look this year. So I would say that all the stock gets displayed towards the end of October, at the very latest. Ive just had a look at their website there and it says New items for Christmas 2014 now arrived in August 2014! I cant post links yet but if you google M50 Christmas shop you will find it. The website doesn't really do the place justice to be fair either. Im tempted to head out that direction this weekend now to see what they have out.

Haha I know how you feel :-)They have a great Halloween shop there as well, I haven't been out there at Halloween yet but I will definitely be going to have a look this year. So I would say that all the stock gets displayed towards the end of October, at the very latest. Ive just had a look at their website there and it says New items for Christmas 2014 now arrived in August 2014! I cant post links yet but if you google M50 Christmas shop you will find it. The website doesn't really do the place justice to be fair either. Im tempted to head out that direction this weekend now to see what they have out.

:eek: googling as soon as I post this! Me thinks ill be giving my sister a call to go up with me (she is fab with directions and keeps her cool if I get ahem " off course " ! If you do go walk in, Internet access at hand and logged onto boards, and let me know what it's like! I

:eek: googling as soon as I post this! Me thinks ill be giving my sister a call to go up with me (she is fab with directions and keeps her cool if I get ahem " off course " ! If you do go walk in, Internet access at hand and logged onto boards, and let me know what it's like! I

Will do, I will let you know what its like if I go out. I will definitely be out there in the next fews weeks for Halloween anyway. So I will report back then :-)

Will do, I will let you know what its like if I go out. I will definitely be out there in the next fews weeks for Halloween anyway. So I will report back then :-)

I googled and I <3 it! And directions are in big bold writing its right beside dogs trust ! I so know where I will be on Sunday!! I hope they have some fab Halloween bits this is my first year throwing my son a Halloween party for his cousins and the adults involved are more excited than the kiddies ! Seriously I was up all night writing my decoration plan so I know what I need to buy :D

May even call into dogs trust for a look :D my OH is going to have a fit when I tell him hahaha! :D:D

I googled and I <3 it! And directions are in big bold writing its right beside dogs trust ! I so know where I will be on Sunday!! I hope they have some fab Halloween bits this is my first year throwing my son a Halloween party for his cousins and the adults involved are more excited than the kiddies ! Seriously I was up all night writing my decoration plan so I know what I need to buy :D

Love it, I have to admit I am a serious Halloween devotee as well. I probably have collected as many Halloween decorations as Christmas ones at this stage. It is becoming a serious production every year now, just stuff I have collected each year. So I am hoping to collect a few new additions in the M50 shop, like I said I haven’t been there for Halloween but I have heard good things. I might give them a call in the morning to see when they will have the Halloween stock out, I don’t want to go over there if they don’t have the stock out yet.

May even call into dogs trust for a look :D my OH is going to have a fit when I tell him hahaha! :D:D

Oh God haha, I can see it now. Yeah I just popped out and got a couple of Christmas decorations ohh and a new dog. No biggie haha.

Love it, I have to admit I am a serious Halloween devotee as well. I probably have collected as many Halloween decorations as Christmas ones at this stage. It is becoming a serious production every year now, just stuff I have collected each year. So I am hoping to collect a few new additions in the M50 shop, like I said I haven’t been there for Halloween but I have heard good things. I might give them a call in the morning to see when they will have the Halloween stock out, I don’t want to go over there if they don’t have the stock out yet.

That's way too logical for me ... I just got excited and decided I'm going! Half tempted to wake my OH up and tell him .... Think he would strongly consider committing me if I woke him! I know what you mean last few years I got loads of bits in homestore and more, but we moved to a house easily twice the size of our last so my house doesn't look as decorated when they are spread out :( only solution is to buy more!

Oh God haha, I can see it now. Yeah I just popped out and got a couple of Christmas decorations ohh and a new dog. No biggie haha.

It has been known to happen! Haha ;) well ill need to call in and seem to cheer myself up if the stock isn't out and when I see those sad little faces how can you not want to take them home .... :(

That's way too logical for me ... I just got excited and decided I'm going! Half tempted to wake my OH up and tell him .... Think he would strongly consider committing me if I woke him! I know what you mean last few years I got loads of bits in homestore and more, but we moved to a house easily twice the size of our last so my house doesn't look as decorated when they are spread out :( only solution is to buy more!

Always !!the answer is to always buy more. You need a few new pieces each year to mix things up :-)

• Advertisement

It has been known to happen! Haha ;) well ill need to call in and seem to cheer myself up if the stock isn't out and when I see those sad little faces how can you not want to take them home .... :(

Oh I know that is the problem, I would want to take them all home :-(

I know! At this stage I am beginning to suspect my OH may have circulated my picture with a caption like " do not allow this person bring home a dog" ... Really wouldn't surprise me if he has! On a side note was looking for dog costumes on amazon for halloween party and found the headless horseman rider costume for large dogs ( have a boxer) omg look it up it is the funniest / cutest thing ever! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Reminds me of the Paul O'Grady programme, For the Love of Dogs where they know Paul would adopt them all if he could and have signs up in Battersea, 'Do not let this man leave with a dog.' :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Paul O'Grady programme, For the Love of Dogs where they know Paul would adopt them all if he could and have signs up in Battersea, 'Do not let this man leave with a dog.' :pac:

I love that show he is hilarious ! It's exactly like that (well in my OH head anyway I think that's the way he sees me!) :D :pac:

I know! At this stage I am beginning to suspect my OH may have circulated my picture with a caption like " do not allow this person bring home a dog" ... Really wouldn't surprise me if he has! On a side note was looking for dog costumes on amazon for halloween party and found the headless horseman rider costume for large dogs ( have a boxer) omg look it up it is the funniest / cutest thing ever! :)

Haha that is so cool, that will be great for Halloween :-)

Haha that is so cool, that will be great for Halloween :-)

It is honestly the funniest dog costume I have ever seen the little headless rider sits on top of a tiny saddle on the dogs back it is just hilarious !

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi my OH is visiting Musgrave and currently they have offer on beers i.e. 24 for 25€, is that inclusive of VAT or VAT will be added to that? usually what are best items to buy there? with out incurring VAT

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi my OH is visiting Musgrave and currently they have offer on beers i.e. 24 for 25€, is that inclusive of VAT or VAT will be added to that? usually what are best items to buy there? with out incurring VAT

Hi userduluth vat is broken into 3 catagories in musgraves. Vat bands a b and c. If I remember correctly a is 0%vat and c is the max 23 or 24%. You have to add these om yourself as the prices displayed aren't inclusive of vat but it will advertise whar band product is in a b or c. A general rule of thumb is that anything that can be resold or classed as luxury goods always has c vat where as most meats would be classed at a.

If you have a card you are best to register for an account online. They run monthly offers on products which they display to account holders. Happy shopping

Advertisement