Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Cheers I think I will get the set from amazon, are they any better than what I have ?
    Sound wise

I can't say as I've not personally used the Fox Trot. The XO Fours are meant to be good tho. The lack of wires is what appeals most to me about them. No wires apart from the wire connecting to the controller and no batteries neither.

My friend went from the 7.1 XP500's which were €250 back in the day to using the XO Fours and he say the sound just as good so I'm going on his word and the reviews on Amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

just ordered the xo fours it came to 75 euro, exchange rate must be brutal at the moment
    delivery to ireland was a £10
    parcel motel came in handy again
    thanks for the advice

just ordered the xo fours it came to 75 euro, exchange rate must be brutal at the moment
    delivery to ireland was a £10
    parcel motel came in handy again
    thanks for the advice

Delivery is £10? There's an option for super saver delivery bud. Should select that, no need for parcel motel at all. €73.96 in total including delivery to your Irish address...

You can still cancel and resubmit order as Amazon don't charge your card until it's been dispatched if you want.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Delivery is £10? There's an option for super saver delivery bud. Should select that, no need for parcel motel at all. €73.96 in total including delivery to your Irish address...

Last time I selected super saver it signed me up to amazon prime
    £89 out of the bank for a couple of days
    Parcel motel is only €4, not much

Last time I selected super saver it signed me up to amazon prime
    £89 out of the bank for a couple of days
    Parcel motel is only €4, not much

No, you don't have to sign up to Amazon Prime for super saver delivery. That's another option to get free 1 day delivery is that Prime.

Super saver delivery has been on it forever and any items that offer it you get free delivery to Ireland for orders over €25 or so.

Just for future reference if you cba changing it now :)

• Advertisement

Ah yeah I see it now
    Super saver 4-5 day delivery
    I selected standard
    Ah well two days to parcel motel and a day to me here
    Looking forward to trying them
    Need to find a new home for my old set now, put them on adverts but no one is interested, strange as they are spotless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Just to add to the thread:

I bought the Tritton Kama in Argos for €65.49. Have to say, i like them alot. Quite comfortable and light, sound is pretty good for stereo, and they are a decent price. They come with the adapter as usual for Xbox one headsets, also come with a USB cable, presumably for charging the controller, or perhaps your windows phone if one was inclined. Overall so far i'd recommend, although i have no "premium" headset to test against, so that might dock points for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Just to add to the thread:

I bought the Tritton Kama in Argos for €65.49. Have to say, i like them alot. Quite comfortable and light, sound is pretty good for stereo, and they are a decent price. They come with the adapter as usual for Xbox one headsets, also come with a USB cable, presumably for charging the controller, or perhaps your windows phone if one was inclined. Overall so far i'd recommend, although i have no "premium" headset to test against, so that might dock points for some.

The USB cable is for connecting the controller to the One to update it, when the adaptor first came out the the controller needed an update, if you haven't done that you should, it's in system - settings I think.

Does the one version have the in line controls the PS4 version has? Probably not given the adaptor has those I guess, and they are easier to reach on the one's adaptor.

Edit: Also the Kama seem expensive vs the 32.99 for the PS4 version, though I guess allowing for the adaptor that costs 25 - 29.99 on it's own adds up to what the One version costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Anyone have experience with the tritton kunai?

calex71 wrote: »
    The USB cable is for connecting the controller to the One to update it, when the adaptor first came out the the controller needed an update, if you haven't done that you should, it's in system - settings I think.

Does the one version have the in line controls the PS4 version has? Probably not given the adaptor has those I guess, and they are easier to reach on the one's adaptor.

Not the inline controls no, but only one cable which is nice. I quite like th idea for the adaptor, and it's not too intrusive, however i still believe MS shafted everyone with their choices peripheral wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Not the inline controls no, but only one cable which is nice. I quite like th idea for the adaptor, and it's not too intrusive, however i still believe MS shafted everyone with their choices peripheral wise.

My main issue with the headsets and adaptor is that it can be difficult to gauge the levels with the buttons , an on screen indicator like PS4 has would be welcome.

calex71 wrote: »
    My main issue with the headsets and adaptor is that it can be difficult to gauge the levels with the buttons , an on screen indicator like PS4 has would be welcome.

Actually a great idea, i haven't much experience with the PS4 (something i hope to rectify after i have paid for my house in a few weeks) but an on screen indicator would solve a lot of problems.

Just got this from GameStop
    Seems alright for a bricks and mortar price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

New headset coming out for Xbox One in late October.

Turtle Beach Stealth 500x
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KSQACMM/

Fully wireless from the XB1. No controller adapter needed.
    I am going to hang on for this headset.

New headset coming out for Xbox One in late October.

Turtle Beach Stealth 500x
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KSQACMM/

Fully wireless from the XB1. No controller adapter needed.
    I am going to hang on for this headset.

They look shweet. Goddamit. Stop making me want to buy things! :mad: :D

Has anyone been successful in getting these working? Tritton 720+

got my Turtle Beach XO4 Headset very happy with them
    sound is amazing, people climbing ladders and reloading can be heard, excellent quality
    so glad i listened to the advice here
    the have also gone up in price now to £89 so i got them just in time

got my Turtle Beach XO4 Headset very happy with them
    sound is amazing, people climbing ladders and reloading can be heard, excellent quality
    so glad i listened to the advice here
    the have also gone up in price now to £89 so i got them just in time

Good stuff bud, glad you like them :D

What, can't be. No way is Gamestop cheaper than Amazon for something :eek: I can't believe my eyes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Is there an extension you can get for XBox 360 Headset to work on the XBox One?
    Would love to keep my X11s, never had a problem with them.

CiaranW wrote: »

Pretty sure there isn't unfortunately :/

• Advertisement

CiaranW wrote: »

X11 and X12's work on Xbox One with the chat adapter. I am currently using the x12s

X11 and X12's work on Xbox One with the chat adapter. I am currently using the x12s

Really? I wasn't sure, what threw me off was the component red and white cables but I suppose you can still use them as normal and then just get a chat adapter for the ONE controller is that how it works? :confused:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Really? I wasn't sure, what threw me off was the component red and white cables but I suppose you can still use them as normal and then just get a chat adapter for the ONE controller is that how it works? :confused:

The red and white go into the back of the TV while the chat runs from the adapter to the headset.

If you don't have a TV with the red and white stero audio input use the adapter below.

In my case I feed the red and white into this and then plug it into the earphones port of your TV.

adaptor-y-jack-35mm---2xrca-686238_big.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

I just bought wireless Bluetooth headphones, can I link them with the Xbox One?

Or is it a waste?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm...my XO7s seem to have stopped working 7 weeks after I got them :(

I have to twiddle the connection to get anything but its getting worse to the point of basically not working at all. Very angry given the price. Anything I can do?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmm...my XO7s seem to have stopped working 7 weeks after I got them :(

I have to twiddle the connection to get anything but its getting worse to the point of basically not working at all. Very angry given the price. Anything I can do?

Refund, exchange for another pair.

Who's the retailer?

Argos.

I would imagine it would fall well outside their remit at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Argos.

I would imagine it would fall well outside their remit at this stage.

You should have at least a year if not two dealing with the retailer, beyond that the manufacturer.

Just dug out the Argos receipt and it says "Exempt from 30 Day Guarantee". And the date I got them was 15/07/14. Would worry if I bring them to Argos, they will say I broke them and that it's been too long to consider a return...

• Advertisement

Just dug out the Argos receipt and it says "Exempt from 30 Day Guarantee". And the date I got them was 15/07/14. Would worry if I bring them to Argos, they will say I broke them and that it's been too long to consider a return...

Bring then back and see what they say, if they are like new then buy another set from amazon and send you're ones back

Advertisement