Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Ted 2 be as good as the first Ted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

irishfeen wrote: »
    No.

For the sake of balance ;)

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Ted 2 will be better but Ted 3 will be crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Do we really need another Ted?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

The first one was rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The first one was rubbish.

In your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I thought Ted was consistently funny.

Seth MacFarlene is an unpredictable writer. He was written some really smart witty comedy but has a habit of indulging in fart jokes and toilet humour.

Hopefully, Ted 2 will mostly contain the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ted 2 will feature a cameo from Mrs Brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Turtwig wrote: »
    Ted 2 will feature a cameo from Mrs Brown.

Like the Mrs Brown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

First one was awful. Second one couldn't possibly be worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For the sake of audiences I hope so. Ted was one distinctly average comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Teaforlife

I thought Ted was consistently funny.

Seth MacFarlene is an unpredictable writer. He was written some really smart witty comedy but has a habit of indulging in fart jokes and toilet humour.

Hopefully, Ted 2 will mostly contain the former.

Yes I think it is a great film and he is a great writer! Just like Todd Phillips is who done The Hangover and Starsky & Hutch!!

Simon Templar? Are you a fan of The Saint? :)

The only part of Ted that I really enjoyed were those far too brief 2 and a a half minutes featuring the great Sam J. Jones. The rest of the film bar two moments was made up of the kind of derivitive, brain dead nonsense that Family Guy does poorly on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The first 1-2 seasons of family guy were funny, then it just went to ****, thats about all the good hes done, the rest of his work has been **** from what I've seen.. Ted was a load of bollocks and Ted 2 will be a pile of crap, honestly i don't know how people have a fraction of faith left in him, it boggles the mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Ted had one of the worst Trailer:real movie joke ratios I have ever encountered...

It was an incredible let down...

A talking foul mouthed teddy bear in a film with Mila Kunis.. It should have been a slam dunk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Ted had one of the worst Trailer:real movie joke ratios I have ever encountered...

It was an incredible let down...

A talking foul mouthed teddy bear in a film with Mila Kunis.. It should have been a slam dunk...

Exactly .. if you hadn't seen the trailer(s) .. you would have enjoyed it more!
    Have watched a movie trailer since!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I dunno.. I thought Ted was a great film - watched it again the other night and it's still great. I mean he has Patrick Stewart doing the narration - instant win right there! :p

Don't think there's any need for a sequel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Not a chance. Just look at A Million ways to die in the West

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes if it features way more scenes of Giovanni Ribisi's character

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ted 2 will be better but Ted 3 will be crap.

The Godfather hypothesis I presume... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It was a good movie for what it was, the Ryan Reynolds gay cameo, Flash Gordon complete with pseudo Ming cameo and the Queen soundtrack were funny some of the one liners went over the top, the carrot one and Ted spraying himself in the face were fcuking hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just watched the first one the other night and apart from the Star Wars score it was fooking chit.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Only saw the first one on plane either to/from Vegas so alcohol swayed the viewing experience. May watch it again.

Sequel in general are rarely as good as first one though. Most of Seth's work though is just looking for a quick laugh, never really any substance in them.

Advertisement