Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike air jordans

• 21-03-2013 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Is there any shops in ireland where you can purchase nike air jordan basketball shoes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Foot Locker on O' Connell St have 3 or 4 Jordan boots

I got a pair of these last month

Jordan-Spizike-Black-Challenge-Red.jpg?7983b6

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

foot locker is grand I suppose for mainstream releases but I hate going in there asking for new releases and getting complete blank looks. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can buy most (but not all) of the available Jordan Brand sneakers (new models and retro releases) on nikestore.com The page is geo-locked and you'll be driven to the Irish website, but you can over-ride this and log on to the US pages by using the "Change country" link at the very bottom of the opening page (or use the map) where you will have considerably more choice than the Irish pages. If you buy from the US though you will get caught for customs.

Just out of curiosity - are these for wearing or playing in? I only ask as the build quality of the retro releases aren't really suitable for playing in......they're a fashion shoe more than anything else. If you're looking for a playing shoe, buy a more functional Nike release.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GreenIrish

haha its more of a business venture to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nike outlet store in kildare village has a Jordans section (hidden away in a corner). Few different models but sizes are all over the place..

foot locker is grand I suppose for mainstream releases but I hate going in there asking for new releases and getting complete blank looks. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can buy most (but not all) of the available Jordan Brand sneakers (new models and retro releases) on nikestore.com The page is geo-locked and you'll be driven to the Irish website, but you can over-ride this and log on to the US pages by using the "Change country" link at the very bottom of the opening page (or use the map) where you will have considerably more choice than the Irish pages. If you buy from the US though you will get caught for customs.

Just out of curiosity - are these for wearing or playing in? I only ask as the build quality of the retro releases aren't really suitable for playing in......they're a fashion shoe more than anything else. If you're looking for a playing shoe, buy a more functional Nike release.

For playing only. They were a bit tough when breaking in but no different to any other boot. Why do you think they're not suitable for playing in?

I checked out loads of places online and found it a serious pain in the hoop.

I did hear that there's a new Nike store opened recently in the Banbridge center

• Advertisement

Whyner wrote: »
    For playing only. They were a bit tough when breaking in but no different to any other boot. Why do you think they're not suitable for playing in?

I checked out loads of places online and found it a serious pain in the hoop.

I did hear that there's a new Nike store opened recently in the Banbridge center

I'm a sneaker collector/nerd - it's a hangover from my playing days. If you read pretty much any of the online sneaker forums and they're filled with people giving out about the quality of the Air Jordan retro's and how they fall apart after a couple of months street-wear, never mind playing ball. As I said above, the retros are a fashion shoe foremost and are not designed for playing in. The Spiz'ikes above are a hybrid of a few old jordan shoes and are totally a street shoe, not a court shoe per se. You can of course wear them playing - but you can also wear Doc Martens if you so choose.....

I just collect (don't wear) so not an issue for me personally but I'd be pretty peeved if I paid €150+ for a pair that fell apart after a couple of games.

The Nike Store in Banbridge is open at least 5 years now. It's hit and miss, though more miss than hit. I got a pair of Pink Hyperdunks a few years ago in my size but that was my one and only find there in all my visits.
    nike-hyperdunk-shoes-108_LRG.jpg

Sizes usually only go up to about a 10 unless you're very lucky.

There's a new Nike outlet in Blanchardstown but I haven't been yet. Outlets are very much what's there on the day - it's pure luck what you'll find.

Sorry, I meant Blanch, must have had the Banbridge radio ad in my head :D

If they do fall apart I'll bring them back with my receipt so no probs there

I'll take your comparison to doc martins with a pinch of salt

Since you're a sneaker nerd, what's the difference between these and say the Jordan IV, material wise?

Sorry, I meant Blanch, must have had the Banbridge radio ad in my head :D

If they do fall apart I'll bring them back with my receipt so no probs there

I'll take your comparison to doc martins with a pinch of salt

Since you're a sneaker nerd, what's the difference between these and say the Jordan IV, material wise?

Jordan IVs are a leather sneaker, the Spiz'ike are leather and nubuck hybrid and are a street shoe. That's before you go into flywire, foamposite, etc. etc. The original IVs were much heavier (I have a pair) than the retros through (which indicates better build quality). To be honest, it's a bit subjective and unless you're really nerdy about this kinda stuff it'll likely make fock all difference to you.

Coming later this year....Air Jordan IV in red Suede....drool.....2 pairs please (1 for storage, 1 for wearing)
    air-jordan-iv-carmelo-anthony-rendering-570x383.jpg

I was referring to the IVs in black suede, my favourite and not heavy at all

I'll see how they wear. I only play 2 hours a week now, serious days are over

I guess I'm skeptical on the playing v totally street shoe debate

The majority of basketball boots these days are hideous in my opinion

At least next time I need a pair I'll be better prepared. Great to be back playing anyway :)

What part of of the Spiz'ike are nubuck?

• Advertisement

Ah here...this is getting crazy! From memory (and I only have one pair of Spiz'ikes) it's the toe. Hard to tell on the pic of the Spiz'ike above.

I guess I'm skeptical on the playing v totally street shoe debate

And you're entitled to be.....however, Jordan Brand produces two basic shoe types:
    1. Functional(street) - all retros, re-releases etc.
    2. Technical/perfomance - new releases - i.e. the recently released Air Jordan XX8
    air-jordan-xx8-red-black-01.jpg

Held one of these in Niketown London recently, they're incredibly light (possibly lighest hi-top basketball shoe I've ever held) but I just don't like the look and feel of them. There are some crazy colour options too.

Always think it's funny when I see players from other sports wearing the jumpman logo and sneakers/cleats etc (American Football, boxing, motorcycling, golf etc.). Some of the Air Jordan III and IV football cleats are mad - Terrell Ownes used to wear them.

Looking forward to the day that Nike ID eventually put the IV's as an option.....that will be a busy day....;)

Haha, only asking cause I never heard of it before

And you're entitled to be.....however, Jordan Brand produces two basic shoe types:
    1. Functional(street) - all retros, re-releases etc.
    2. Technical/perfomance - new releases - i.e. the recently released Air Jordan XX8
    air-jordan-xx8-red-black-01.jpg

Held one of these in Niketown London recently, they're incredibly light (possibly lighest hi-top basketball shoe I've ever held) but I just don't like the look and feel of them. There are some crazy colour options too.

Always think it's funny when I see players from other sports wearing the jumpman logo and sneakers/cleats etc (American Football, boxing, motorcycling, golf etc.). Some of the Air Jordan III and IV football cleats are mad - Terrell Ownes used to wear them.

Looking forward to the day that Nike ID eventually put the IV's as an option.....that will be a busy day....;)

That's ok, I'd be worried about you if you liked the look of them

That's nuts, never knew Jordans were in football and golf, then again I never thought about it before

That's nuts, never knew Jordans were in football and golf, then again I never thought about it before

Yeah, pretty much every major US sport and then some! It just looks weird to me:

Air Jordan III Cleats:

air-jordan-iii-cleats-2.jpg

Jordan IV Baseball (CC Sabathia):

air-jordan-iv-cc-cleat.jpg

Jordan Boxing:
    nvdb1220506011024x768sa9.jpg

Jordan Motorsports:
    jordan-vi-suzuki-for-sale-02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

check out size? they have a shop in dublin..

I've only ever seen one pair of Jordans in Size?, they're more Sportswear collection and retrospect of running shoes than basketball.

Dropped into the Blanch Nike outlet this morning for a look, it was a little better than expected but still didn't come away with anything. They have some hyperdunks (with the + pack - €99!) and hyperfuses in the main stock area, and a few pairs of Jordan 1 retrospect in naff colours if you're willing to look in the last sizes sections. They have a few different Jordan releases in Size 12 (1's, the 6/17/23 hybrid and some of the Flight releases)......but as with all outlets, it's a real what's there on the day store. Worth a look if you're a size 12 maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

Having played basketball since 1985 (after seeing Jordan score 63 in a double overtime loss to the Celtics in the playoffs) I have never worn any other shoe oncourt since.

The most recent pairs I have bought have been seriously lacking though.

I have 2 pairs of originals (XI & XIII) and the rest are retro's or jumpmans(sport range)

As has been said in other posts, the retros are really only for street wear.

After wearing Jordans since III in 1989 (took a year to get to Ireland! and only in the white/red/black colourway) I no longer will buy jordans after my most recent purchase (Black/Blue/Grey in the pics) I will never buy jordans again.

The only ones I have bought recently that lasted a full season was 2 years ago (pics in next post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

oh, and a good website for AUTHENTIC Jordans/Nike is : www.sneakerhead.com (€30 shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If you want to see good performance reviews look up nightwing2303's youtube channel or his site kicksoncourt.com.

You'd be nuts to play basketball in a pair of Spizikes (and nuts to buy a pair in the first place but that's just my opinion). Same goes for retros in terms of playing in them. All the technology is in the new shoes anyway.

As for trying to resell in Ireland, it's a niche market, you'll price yourself out of it on delivery alone and Nike charge Euro for Dollar so we get shafted hard. The Vs retail here at €170 and in the US at $175. Your margin would be next to nothing unless you got your hands on something like Royal 1s (the only major release this year that hasn't been restocked by Nike).

If you want to play in a signature shoe the LeBron Xs are very comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gotanswers

gotanswers wrote: »
    Hey guys

Cheers

Are they unworn and is the tag still attached?
    Might be interested if yes to both of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gotanswers

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Are there stores around Cork that sell Jordans? I am just new here in the city and i've only seen air maxes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fanatics2014

sneakerhead dot com is a nice website.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Thanks fanatics2014.

I'll probably going to Dublin probably next week and I might be able to check the some the stores listed in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

Being that I'm from Detroit and grew up hating the Bulls and Jordan, I have never, and never will touch the things. I respect his greatness but still don't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Lee_Torre wrote: »
    Being that I'm from Detroit and grew up hating the Bulls and Jordan, I have never, and never will touch the things. I respect his greatness but still don't like him.

Eric Thomas is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

Eric Thomas is that you?
    No my name is Lee, ha.

• Advertisement
Advertisement