Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcels over 30kg within Ireland

Options
  • 01-08-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello,

I currently send parcels under 30kg with gls around ireland with GLS for around €5.

However due to weight restrictions in Ireland, I can only send over 30kg parcels by pallet with transland group for €40.

I can export to UK 30-50kg with GLS for about €15.

Does anybody know any couriers that will send 30-50kgs within Ireland?

Thanks
    Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Why don't you ask GLS if they can do over 30kg packages for your for example for 10-15 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

JMC Vantrans are pretty decent at these over 30kgs but less than pallet lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

Thanks lads

I'll try jmc van trans.
    I wonder have they a depot in limerick and option to book online.

Sorry buddy GLS and most couriers will only take 30kg within Ireland.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Fastway used to allow 30kg+ by placing two labels on the parcel. Its a few years since I have used them, might be worth checking.

DPD also take 30kg+ parcels but at a different rate.

The limit is for health and safety reasons as most couriers "last mile" are one person with van and standard trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

Thanks buddy

Will try odd as depot is nearby.
    Do you know if they have a book online function?

Thanks
    Gerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

funstuff wrote: »
    I currently send parcels under 30kg with gls around ireland with GLS for around €5.

That's a very good rate. Are you on big volume?

Advertisement