Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is madness... NO THIS IS JIGSAAAAAW

Options
  • 20-12-2013 3:11pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So some time ago I took a very old jigsaw to Malta with me on holiday and forgot the box. I wrote about that here:

I've done a couple more since but now I'm taking on a daddy of a jigsaw.
    Bb69-9zIIAAixkb.png:large

Yesterday I set up the space and the dimensions (which you can see as "where the pieces are"... thats how big it will be 1.5m x 1m).

Its a 4000 piece monster (though there are even bigger ones!) and I thought I'd write a journal if its progress here :)

Right now, I'm turning over pieces (which is taking WAAAY longer than I thought it would!) and finding the edges (ditto).

I have a horrible feeling that I've bitten off way more than I can chew here but I always get that feeling at the start of some endeavor...

Jigsaws let my mind wander a bit and make me philosophical. Its a sort of meditation I guess, with small bursts of dopamine every time you place a piece!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Did this get finished?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So, I have it about 3/4's finished when I bought myself a wood turning lathe and my OcdAutispburrrrrgers kicked in and now I have like 50 pieces of wood and am up to my armpits in bowls and chair legs and sh*t.

I have yet to finish the sea and that's probably why I haven't been attracted back to it but I need the room back cos its my home gym too and I need to train more at home.

The answer is no. :)

(but I will.... right after I finish this wooden vase).

Advertisement