Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of being killed in the PSNI?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Fresh Prince

dont know how mate

Fair enough lol there's a button at the top of the list of topics that says Post at least on a mobile there is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

to go back on topic. there are more ppl killed on the roads then police officers. just count how many north and south in the last 10 years. (RIP). Its a difficult thing to get into anyway. Myself iv only been up north once but the Garda Recruitment just isnt happening for me, so im going for this as il see how i get on. I dont expect to get in but i gotta try...for my sanitys sake. If i dont get in il leave it for a few years and go for templemore when mass recruitment starts again. (i hope)....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Get past the IST and AC first, then you can start to worry about it. There will always be that added element of danger because of where we're from - but if you stick to your training and have any common sense at all, then naturally you should be grand, regardless of where you are from.

My fitness test is a few short weeks away - in case you are wondering.

besta luck with it mate. iv my IST on monday. im a bit nervious about it cause im generally not great with Aptitude tests but il chance it anyway!

Best of luck! Take it you have to travel to Northern Ireland for it, have you a brave spin ?

• Advertisement

Ah ill be grand. il be up during the dayligh so should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Get past the IST and AC first, then you can start to worry about it. There will always be that added element of danger because of where we're from - but if you stick to your training and have any common sense at all, then naturally you should be grand, regardless of where you are from.

My fitness test is a few short weeks away - in case you are wondering.

I feel like boking everytime i think about it Desert!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 junior 1

The chances of been killed in the PSNI shouldn't deter you from joining. Being a detective/Garda in Dublin can be just as dangerous nowadays with scumbags following you home or meeting you in clubs.

There are ways of minimizing your chances of been targeted like moving across the road from the police station, living in the city center or living in a town with a large Unionist presence.

Becoming a PC is dangerous no matter what country you're in but you're experience in NI after a couple of years will be priceless and it will attract many future employers no matter where you go. The rewards are worth the risks.

junior 1 wrote: »
    There are ways of minimizing your chances of been targeted like moving across the road from the police station, living in the city center or living in a town with a large Unionist presence.

B.

What if ur a cathlioc from the south lad??

And by cathlioc I mean an atheist cathlioc....and nationalism is part of me culture haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

And by cathlioc I mean an atheist cathlioc....and nationalism is part of me culture haha!!

Think you might mean Catholic, which won't matter to decent people, still wouldn't go broadcasting your job if you've any sense!

And as a constable you will serve ALL sections of the community - so best keep your "nationalist or other" culture for home time :)

• Advertisement

Nationalism being part of our culture is news to me ! :rolleyes:

Also Wtf is an atheist catholic? Seen it all now ha!

Well i wont be going round the loyalist areas belting out rebel songs from the squad car.

An Atheist cathlioc is where ur forced at gunpoint by ur mother to go to mass and get a full interrogation about what the priest said. who he was and the entire content of the sermon when ya really couldnt give a fiddlers flute...

Ya should do what i used to do, pop in for a bulletin and fúck off for a walk! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 junior 1

Not all Unionists are sectarian bigots. Those ones you see on TV are exceptions and are very much in the minority.

Ah ya man im not sayin that. im just having a laugh now i dont mean any offence. i know they are not all bad.

Religion or political belief doesn't play a part in an organisation like the police anymore! Those days are well gone ! Shouldn't even be brought up here by right ! :)

Absolutly! once we put on that uniform it shouldnt matter whether we are cathlioc, prod or muslim. theyll hate us all the same haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Absolutly! once we put on that uniform it shouldnt matter whether we are cathlioc, prod or muslim. theyll hate us all the same haha!

I don't think any of us have any idea just how right you are lol everyone hates the police from any side!! Haha

Advertisement