Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Airsoft Weapon & the Law

Options
  • 21-07-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

What would u think if we were to get a supplier to decommission some M4's by firstly removing the bolt.
    We could then Permanently (this is important) install the UTM Man Marker round system. See video http://youtu.be/xWd_FQsOxXM. Skip to 6.11 to see the system used. If fixed in place (so that if removed or altered it would make the unit unworkable)it would also not allow a live round to be discharged.
    If we further created a method were standard or real mags would not be accepted it would help to prove it's not real.
    The MMR would also have to loaded with less grain to insure we reduce it to 3.28fps.

So now we have a whole new way to play.
    This is just food for thought so don't just pu-pu it. Let see more reason why it could be done that just bashing it.
    Have fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Just looking at this at face value after watching the full video.

1. The lower receiver would still be considered a firearm regardless of being deactivated or not.

2. The system uses what is effectively a blank to fire its projectile.

3. It fires above the 1j velocity required. Unless the manufacture builds otherwise.

4. Can you honestly trust some players to handle something like this when they can only just about handle their RIF?

I just cant see it being a win win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

It does look cool and all but I dont think its practical.

I was watching a programme the other day and they were using these rounds to shoot at each other but they didnt have the recommended PPE on so Im not sure how that works.They do look considerably more painful than a bb shot considering it ripped the sleeve

It might work in america with their gun laws but even if they could get it below 1J it would still be closer to an actual firearm classification than a 2J airsoft gun considering what it fires and how it works compared to a bb. It might be an idea if we all get firearms licenses and just shoot each other with these on the weekends.

It would be cool to have but i dont think the uptake would be too big here if it could be done, as Id imagine it would be difficult and quite expensive to get the equipment and all that here, and considering it seems the average age of an airsofter most weekends is about 15 i dont think it would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

fantastic video. seems like a crossover between airsoft and paintball. couldn't see it as skirmishable though as it seems very restricted to this company only so they would hold a monopoly. could be used by more sites that offer a theme building experience though.

I would not have a problem with other people using this as it seems safe enough and we do operate on an honour system

it seems restricted to 375 though as the rounds need this much energy to cycle

Advertisement