Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

AKW wrote: »
    I'm tapering!! :p

You have to do some training before you can taper. And which of us is racing this weekend?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Oh hell, I'm off to the Polar forum for some sensible conversation ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Oh hell, I'm off to the Polar forum for some sensible conversation ;)

Wouldn't bother, it probably doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I will give a pair of running shoes to the highest run nos for 2014.
    Would someone tie Zico up please? This is my month to shine, damn it!!:)

What can I say? I really want those runners.:)

zico10 wrote: »

The way you're going you should be about worn through the first pair by now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

zico10 wrote: »

What this about runners? Is there a prize? I'm all over that. More double run days so!!

BTH wrote: »
    What this about runners? Is there a prize? I'm all over that. More double run days so!!

I really should stay away from New Year exhuberances.

I will give a hamper to the highest bike nos for 2014. Based on being a TI member and having completed at least 3 tris in the year. Don't want cyclists coming in and taking a handy prize!!
    Just to paraphrase JB's offer.

I will give a pair of running shoes to the highest run nos for 2014. Based on being a TI member and having completed at least 3 tris in the year. Don't want runners coming in and taking a handy prize!!

If you read the full thread ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

@BTH I think you're being told you need fattening up more than you need runners. Go chase the hamper instead.

Fazz, i think you might want to check your numbers. i went from 4th to 3rd yesterday at some stage without entering anything, you went the other way, so reckon you might have entered something wrong and put in a lower number than you meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

mossym wrote: »
    Fazz, i think you might want to check your numbers. i went from 4th to 3rd yesterday at some stage without entering anything, you went the other way, so reckon you might have entered something wrong and put in a lower number than you meant.

Hi Mossym, I'd say the change happened to Fazz when I added my turbo from last night, I jumped above Fazz on the bike mileage (all be it temporally) so his overall SBR score changed slightly moving you up to 3rd

Pmaldini wrote: »
    Hi Mossym, I'd say the change happened to Fazz when I added my turbo from last night, I jumped above Fazz on the bike mileage (all be it temporally) so his overall SBR score changed slightly moving you up to 3rd

but i thought that should have moved me down as well? we'd both have moved down by 1.

anyway, why am i complaining, not many months you'll be ahead of fazz, even though it will be short lived.

ignore my posts. figured out how it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

cant believe you were complaining about moving up to 3rd:D:D:D

Pmaldini wrote: »
    cant believe you were complaining about moving up to 3rd:D:D:D

won't last long, two race prep weeks this month. i'll enjoy it for a few more hours maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

First OW swim of 2014, actuall first swim of 2014 today. Heavenly flat calm Lough Derg. Why didn't I get in sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Just an idea.....it might be kind of fun to track elevation gain while cycling (if not this year, then perhaps to be considered next year?)...sort of like a twist on "King of the Mountain". Could be it's own little competition.

right Mike, now that you're finished running around fields all day, can we get July open please? :)

mossym wrote: »
    right Mike, now that you're finished running around fields all day and night, can we get July open please? :)

FYP ^ ;)

And while you're at it please lock June down, before Zico does any updating, ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

July Open

• Advertisement

Hmmmm....I went to update my SBR chart with tonight's run mileage and I think someone left me a little gift of 13 kilometers!! I'd love to claim them, but it just wouldn't be right. So, if anyone has put out a "reward if found" notice, then I have your lost kilometers. I won't update my chart until I've been given the green light to do so. My 11.8 kilometers will be waiting patiently in the wings until they can make their chart debut!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Of all people to give those 13k too - especially when I have my eye on giving you a beating this month :mad:

You can post up your measly 11.8k (probably along with another 20 knowing you)

catweazle wrote: »
    Of all people to give those 13k too - especially when I have my eye on giving you a beating this month :mad:

You can post up your measly 11.8k (probably along with another 20 knowing you)

Ah, if only I had known those were yours, cw, I would have kept my big mouth shut! Possession is 9/10ths of the law, you know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Well I started racking up the big distances again a huge 1.7km on the bike today and a little less on Thursday at 1.5km. Not really worth posting up but my first time doing anything that resembles training since the first surgery. A long long way to get back to where I was but going to take my time and make sure I do it right.

Hoping to get some swimming in soon too. Running si a few months off still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

I entered my bumper nothing-to-do-but-swim holiday update... and I'm still swimming 630m behind Dory... does that gal ever take a break?!?;)

Hey...just a reminder that resident hoochie, Shell to Run, is doing IMUK tomorrow!! Her first IM! Pace smart, enjoy, and smile as you float across the finish line! Whoop whoop!! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Solid 1:28 swim from Shell. Long transition but hopefully storming the bike now.

Through 52k in 2:25...

Quick update on our girl, Shell to Run, out there....11.3 km of the run done and dusted....and she's 11:21 into the race. Whoop whoop!!! Nearly there! ;):)

• Advertisement

C'mon shell, 10k or so to go...

Advertisement