Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

If someone could whip me an invite would be appreciated GT: miju irl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

miju wrote: »
    If someone could whip me an invite would be appreciated GT: miju irl

90aa959781272e415c2fdf6738c315870211e72529bed7dacb8b71a4b2172474.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's great to be able to set your region to Ireland and use voice.

I've noticed that Bing Voice Search appears to be gone (even though the settings page says that its possible with my combination).

The other, slightly depressing thing of changing region back to Ireland is that you see how little content we actually have compared to our US cousins.

I Love the snapped achievement app, very useful indeed. Been play most of my games this avo with that switched on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Manually updating right now, voice command for Ireland finally \o/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    90aa959781272e415c2fdf6738c315870211e72529bed7dacb8b71a4b2172474.jpg

Mucho appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

double tap to snap is really nice too should you not choose to use the voice commands or don't have kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I thought this update was meant to have voice control for us, mine doesn't seem to be working(i should add that I'm not in the preview)

I'm an idiot, spoken language was set to none...oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

it does, you have to check for the console update then in the region and language settings you can change the spoken languuage to English UK, USA or Australian.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

can anyone add me please? :)
    gamertag Airblazer

mucho gracias.

Blazer wrote: »
    can anyone add me please? :)
    gamertag Airblazer

mucho gracias.

Done, invited :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

@blaer the update is publicity available go to Settings->system check console update

Got a message on live regarding the 1408 preview, says it's rolling out in the next few days but no info on what exactly it will include. Reddit speculating it may be pre-loading in advance of the destiny beta next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

If anyone could invite me please I'd be grateful :D GT: nanook5

nanook5 wrote: »
    If anyone could invite me please I'd be grateful :D GT: nanook5

Done diddly done!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Done diddly done!

Cheers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Ireland TV listings in next update, anyone know what this means?

See majornelson dot com

Wow, I really like the Facebook style 'Likes', 'Comments' & 'Sharing' they're adding! Good job Microsoft! :D

In the next update, we’ll improve a number of social features to make sharing your gaming experiences with friends better and easier. Here’s a shortlist of features rolling out next week to those with early access to the Xbox One system update:

Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).

Expanded Friends area on Home: Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore. We’re doing an extended preview on this, rolling it into the early access preview this month to a subset of our preview audience so we can refine it until it’s ready for the entire Xbox One market.

Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.

Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.
    Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.

Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.

OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for four new countries as part of this month’s Preview program. And now there is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings, Troubleshooting section.

Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”

In addition to these features, we are still always doing other work on the backend you may not notice including getting ready to ship in 29 new markets starting this September.

Thank you for your incredible support. You’ve helped us make Xbox One a great place to play games and we’re looking forward to the road ahead as we get ready to launch the most critically acclaimed games this holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

twam2008 wrote: »
    Ireland TV listings in next update, anyone know what this means?

See majornelson dot com

Dont know but this caught my attention.
    Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.

August XB1 update

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mobile purchases would be savage. If the game could download away while you're at work and be ready to go when you get home, it'll be even sweeter. I have my console set to auto update but it never seems to do it. Hopefully this'll sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mobile purchases would be savage. If the game could download away while you're at work and be ready to go when you get home, it'd be even sweeter.

Thats exactly what it will be doing :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yes! At last it will play 3d blue rays :)

Can someone please send me an invite? GH:sparedpiano03

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

deco nate wrote: »

What happens when you get invited? I think Calex added me, is it down to Microsoft if they add you to the program?

Haven't a clue tbh, guess you get a msg to update, maybe go into settings and see if you can update?

deco nate wrote: »

Invited.

Yeah, I think you get a message on Xbox from Microsoft letting you know you're in.

Thanks misky :)

Got a 3d TV a few months ago so I'm looking forward to
    Trying that out, a 360 and an xb1 is enough under the TV

Details of the next update, updates seem to be adding more meaningful stuff more often than the 360 , some of these are very welcome, especially the low battery warning.
    Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).

Expanded Friends area on Home: Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore. We’re doing an extended preview on this, rolling it into the early access preview this month to a subset of our preview audience so we can refine it until it’s ready for the entire Xbox One market.

Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.

Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.

Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.

OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for four new countries as part of this month’s Preview program. And now there is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings, Troubleshooting section.

Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

One guide !! Having it properly configured to UPC is going to be fantastic... or you know... alright..

Could I get a beta program invite? GT miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thats exactly what it will be doing :D

Indeed. In my eagerness to reply I failed to read it properly!

• Advertisement

I think they should make the : "(Insert gamertag here) is now online" smaller because it's feckin annoying when it takes up half the screen playing Fifa :P

Advertisement