Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Intake 4!!! 1309 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Mop a top wrote: »
    "The man has only one look for Christ's sake! Blue Steel, Ferrari, Le Tigre? They're the same face! Doesn't anyone notice this?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I invented the piano key necktie!!"

I think you need a walk off to put you in your place * blue steel *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

*magnum*

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

I don't wanna hear your excuses. This building has to be three times bigger than this! :)

So is GV going to be our Centre for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too??

Awwww I want to be in your group :(

So is GV going to be our Centre for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too??

Awwww I want to be in your group :(

Well that's actually the name above the gate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

"WHAT IS THIS?! A Police College for ants?"

said everyone when they got assigned their rooms and beds.

Let me in god damn it!!!! I'd have so much craic with you lot. All excited about induction?

Guys and girlies I've decided to have a long break from boards. Just wanted to say I hope you have an awesome time at induction, I hope that GV and the job is everything you dreamed of. Good luck my lovelies and stay safe xx

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭missyme82

Guys and girlies I've decided to have a long break from boards. Just wanted to say I hope you have an awesome time at induction, I hope that GV and the job is everything you dreamed of. Good luck my lovelies and stay safe xx

all the best mrs, be sure to let us know when U hear xx

missyme82 wrote: »
    all the best mrs, be sure to let us know when U hear xx

I think we'll hear with all the subtlety of a brick through a window! Good luck mop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I think we'll hear with all the subtlety of a brick through a window! Good luck mop!

Lol won't even need to be on boards. You'll just hear a scream in the distance somewhere.

We will miss you on here but I know we will see you in garnerville shortly. And possibly working with you in the very near future :)

Phew, mop gone and a bit of peace and quiet at last (only joking mop, we know you're still watching!)

Anyway, everyone knows the secret handshake for the big day, right? ;-)

Phew, mop gone and a bit of peace and quiet at last (only joking mop, we know you're still watching!)

The one to know if who you are speaking to is a boardie or to know if they are a peeler in the making?

If Dutch's username has anything to go by I don't want to know what handshake he has been practising :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Would some of you like to do the rest of us a favour when you're in there?

Would you be ever so kind and attempt to milk out the figures from some of the staff, im sure this would be ever so greatfully appreciated by the rest of us! :P

The one to know if who you are speaking to is a boardie or to know if they are a peeler in the making?

If Dutch's username has anything to go by I don't want to know what handshake he has been practising :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Hahaha cheeky bugger, I'm sure there would be someone keen enough for a Dutch Rudder handshake (not that I'd be the one to give it to them, don't think the gf would be best pleased, nor would I for that matter!) I had my eyes lasered recently so I'll be the one with the scary/minging eyes lol

Also, has everyone phoned yet to confirm their hotel reservation (ie details of guests and car registrations?)

Would some of you like to do the rest of us a favour when you're in there?

Would you be ever so kind and attempt to milk out the figures from some of the staff, im sure this would be ever so greatfully appreciated by the rest of us! :P

I think all of us are interested to see how many have been taken on by now! Very interested to see the size of Intake 4 since there's been about 100-120 in so far I think. Plenty of places left for people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

Are all of you guys in the next intake on 70 or above for ac?

Willow89 wrote: »
    Are all of you guys in the next intake on 70 or above for ac?

Yeah I don't think anyone below 70 has gotten a phone call yet, well no one from this website anyway I should add!

• Advertisement

Only 71 student officers there at the moment! ☺

Fist bump with left hand. Shake hands with right. Wearing a pink carnation in buttonhole and a trilby. Begin the conversation with "Do you know the shipping forecast?" The reply being "Full dutch rudder"

Only 71 student officers there at the moment! ☺

Don't think that includes those who would've just started from intake 3 though so if there's 30 odd of them then that's 100 and then however many that's in intake 4 but there's still LOADS of places left it seems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

Nervous guys n' gals?

Is this induction gonna be death by overhead? We're not tested on anything are we?

Nervous guys n' gals?

Is this induction gonna be death by overhead? We're not tested on anything are we?

Yeah and excited....hope we aren't tested on anything. I couldn't even tell ya my sort code at the min. The heat has put me right off lol

And on that note about the heat; I won't be wearing the mankini to induction. Save that for actual intake day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

What a day eh folks? :) larger group than I expected but everyone is so nice! Can't wait for tomorrow though I hope the next 4 weeks fly in!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

How many was there today roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

I think there was 31 and 2 no shows. There was also around 11 female there too

• Advertisement

I was expecting you to say something around 50 or 60 by the way ya said it originally ! ha

Take it these are mandatory ? No show - no start is it ?

Advertisement