Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barter thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Lucyn wrote: »
    My hens love bartering! They often have a surplus of fresh organic eggs from time to time.....;)

This I find very interesting. We love eggs at home. We
    What can I give you in return for some eggs I wonder...At the very least I could dig a hole for you or help with some DIY. I can help you build a barn Amish style :pac:

We would love to have even one chicken in the garden but fear the neighbours would complain since it is in the city.

Definitely would love an opportunity to get fresh milk or eggs from the countryside. At the moment we use a tray of 20 eggs per week, cheap enough costing 2 euro . Cheap and cheerful but you cant beat the organic eggs for taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

is labour baterable? i don't have much stuff :D
    what about painting someones room/s for car service etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

what about painting someones room/s for car service etc

Mod note - As stated previously, please keep barter items relative to this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

ShadowFox wrote: »
    I have one of these http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Clip-On-PDA-Phone-Holster-120p1171.htm for trade if anyone is interested its in black (changed phone new phone wont fit) its in black and like new condition ill take a picture tomorrow and post it up. Open to trade for whatever (No home brew as ive no interest)

SF, any interest in a NiteIze glasses case? It's the medium one. I bought it and while my glasses fit in, sun glasses won't. Works grand with normal specs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nite-Ize-Universal-Glasses-Holster/dp/B002LEK4R2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403517920&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=nite+ise+glasses+case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

Tabnabs wrote: »
    [mod] Go with it lads, if there's more demand we'll look at how to expand it and if not, we'll leave it as it is. Just no illegal items and try to keep it relevant to this forum (no playstations or 02 Octavias ;) ). Items are for barter only in this thread.[/mod]

Finally - a barter thread! :)

• Advertisement

I have an unopened five kilo bag of Perlite, which as I'm sure you all know is very useful for growing food/herbs etc. hydroponically.

Also have solar/clockwork powered shortwave radio. Very useful post collapse and in as new condition. I am offering it up for trade as I'm buying a two way radio at end of month.

Open to all sensible offers. Buyer must be able to collect from Cork City. I can meet you in a public place.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

I have a lot of 50g round and 100g rectangular tobacco tins. Empty tins that is. If anyone is interested let me know. Doesn't have to be a barter really, I just hate through in stuff like that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Hey Shadow Fox I have some Paracord there I could swap you a 200' feet for that phone holder, what do you say?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

kevc2 wrote: »
    30l fermenter with tap on it, originally from coopers kit. 5 Gallon glass carboy. About 48-50 grolsh swingtop glass bottles. A 40 pint beer kit and a 30 bottle wine kit. Corks, corker, hydrometer, some wine bottles and a couple of other little bits.

Would you consider a network unlocked, rooted smartphone for the lot? (Huawei ascend g300)

Has GPS etc. for all your survival situations. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭wiseoldelf

I've small Satellite dish with LNB if interested, might consider swapping a few fishing rods, tackle and line I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Khannie wrote: »
    Would you consider a network unlocked, rooted smartphone for the lot? (Huawei ascend g300)

Has GPS etc. for all your survival situations. :)

Nah man sorry I have a phone with GPS already. I'm going to use some of the kits to brew soon. The equipment will still be up for offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

conjon wrote: »
    SF, any interest in a NiteIze glasses case? It's the medium one. I bought it and while my glasses fit in, sun glasses won't. Works grand with normal specs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nite-Ize-Universal-Glasses-Holster/dp/B002LEK4R2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403517920&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=nite+ise+glasses+case

Sorry only seeing this now I have a couple of those cases not interested in another thanks for the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

the GALL wrote: »
    Hey Shadow Fox I have some Paracord there I could swap you a 200' feet for that phone holder, what do you say?
    No thanks I've more than enough cord

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I've got a working iphone 4 that needs a new screen...will swap for hardwood logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Hi lads.only after discovering this section of the forum.
    Starting to get into survivalism
    But to get started,
    I'm looking for a paracord bracelet or 2.
    Something in a camp colour or red and black
    Willing to swap a lovely u.s saber 4inch blade for anyone interested in knife handle making
    Also have a cast deer antler for any kind of barter
    I'm in laois

Hey Djflawless
    I'll make you straps but I'm not really into knives what else you got?

Hey Djflawless
    I'll make you straps but I'm not really into knives what else you got?

Well tbh very little at the moment apart from some hunting gear and some homemade equipment that wouldn't really be too appealing.
    Anything in particular you're after?

Hey Dj

I like that antler. Have you any more of them?

Hey Dj

I like that antler. Have you any more of them?

no gall only the 1
    i have 2 skulls with antlers attached but dont think id part with them

• Advertisement

djflawless wrote: »
    no gall only the 1
    i have 2 skulls with antlers attached but dont think id part with them

Need the following :

Knapsacks or zip up bags (at least four).
    Army blankets, the more compact the better. Once again at least four.
    Energy bars of any kind.

Anyone who has some to spare message me please.

I have American Silver Eagles to trade, also home made soap, a rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace, a small Electric heater and assorted gift vouchers.

Trader must be willing to meet me in Cork. If you've to travel we can take your fuel costs into account when making trade.

the more people post the more i realise i have thats no needed.
    ive a small army type rucksack there if theres any interest?
    pic is only an example
    http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/prodimages/large/2487.jpg

Have an old ESB escape kit here too
    Roughly 50-60ft of heavy duty climbing rope
    Carabiners on each end of the rope
    Rope brake
    And a very handy carry bag :)
    Could be very useful for someone around mountainous areas etc

As with everything I will be advertising over the next few months, I'm open to swap for literally any kind of survivalist gear

DJ PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

djflawless wrote: »
    Have an old ESB escape kit here too
    Rope brake
    And a very handy carry bag :)
    Could be very useful for someone around mountainous areas etc

As with everything I will be advertising over the next few months, I'm open to swap for literally any kind of survivalist gear

hi
    whats in the esb escape kit
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ChillMhantain

GY A1 wrote: »
    hi
    whats in the esb escape kit
    cheers

Rope brake
    And a very handy carry bag

Thanks....no commission for that BTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

ha LOL
    sorry didnt read the post right :o
    thought it was something different,

cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

[mod]Folks, I've deleted all reference to a barter website. This thread is just for us in this forum and only for goods related to survivalism and self sufficiency. [/mod]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I'm interested in all things self sufficientish. I make my own homemade liquid soap. It's very good quality with a high glycerin content. I'm willing to barter for something? I'm in the Clare/Limerick area.

Advertisement