Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Intake 4!!! 1309 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol I have a fireman Sam one I can lend you Dutch, Fenners it's hello kitty instead of the my little pony I'm afraid. Is that ok? Need your opinion in something you two. I'll send a pm if you don't mind

Fire away Mop! :) I'm sure Fenners won't object to Hello Kitty either haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol it will take you a while. Apologies about the essay lol

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Lol I have a fireman Sam one I can lend you Dutch, Fenners it's hello kitty instead of the my little pony I'm afraid. Is that ok? Need your opinion in something you two. I'll send a pm if you don't mind

I will only accept hello kitty IF it comes with matching curtains. I mean god forbid the colour scheme wouldn't match!!

I will only accept hello kitty IF it comes with matching curtains. I mean god forbid the colour scheme wouldn't match!!

Of course it's got matching curtains!!!! Tie backs too. I'll even throw in a hello kitty ballet dancer teddy and scatter cushions just cos you've been so helpful and I really appreciate it x

Depending on what the food's like I could see myself hitting IKEA for some meatballs! Oh and might get a Fireman Sam duvet to show solidarity with our new emergency services comrades haha

Could you not pretend you're still at Uni and get ur mammy to make us a pot of stew?lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

The food at gv is tip top!! No need for meat balls our mammy's stew! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

So who is everyone taking to the induction? I'm bringing my mum to hopefully calm her nerves lol

Bringing my dad! He used to be in the army so he would probably find it the most interesting to see all the training we'll get to do :) and then he'll have the important job of calming nerves when he gets home haha have you phoned with car/guest details yet or you just gonna leave it till closer to the time?

Yea if I calm mum that will help! No I only got her confirmed today as she may have been working so will call Tuesday to confirm. I assume they are open again Tuesday. I can't wait to meet everyone :)

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Yea if I calm mum that will help! No I only got her confirmed today as she may have been working so will call Tuesday to confirm. I assume they are open again Tuesday. I can't wait to meet everyone :)

I'm still not sure. Can't wait to meet everyone too. Think I might bring a name badge rather than awkwardly asking if someone has a boards name lol

• Advertisement

If wer all in a group ill just drop the sell 'so who's a boardie'?' lol though at my pca I asked that and none of them where, they all looked a time like I was some computer geek!

Sgtmort wrote: »
    If wer all in a group ill just drop the sell 'so who's a boardie'?' lol though at my pca I asked that and none of them where, they all looked a time like I was some computer geek!

Oh are you not a computer geek!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Oh wow! Some of us are still alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

wasn't going to bring anyone along but after reading your posts i'll probably bring my mum along, may as well I suppose, will phone them up tomorrow to give my car reg and confirm names, looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it too but I was a bit surprised at first when we got the pack and it said it was over the Saturday and the Sunday, I always thought it used to be just one day only. I think it'll be really exciting to get a proper look round our new digs for a while and all of GV as well!

I'm still not sure. Can't wait to meet everyone too. Think I might bring a name badge rather than awkwardly asking if someone has a boards name lol

Ah you'll recognise me. The really really ridiculously good looking (and modest) one.

(At least that's what mammy says. And she'd never lie)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

The second part of online learning doesn't begin for us until after induction weekend, does it?

The second part of online learning doesn't begin for us until after induction weekend, does it?

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

Nope!

Phew, was starting to worry there. Has there been any talk on here of what online learning is like after induction weekend ?

Phew, was starting to worry there. Has there been any talk on here of what online learning is like after induction weekend ?

Seems like it must be pretty intense, the people on the intake 3 thread have said about having to get their heads down and get stuck in. There's probably a lot of definitions and such to learn as well.

I just wonder will any of it be in book form or is everything going to an online format? Just asking as my laptop is currently busted and I'll have to see about shelling out for a new one or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Can you lucky people do me a favour and tell me how long it is from the phone call to the induction day please? :) Is it 7 days? Also, do the induction days only take place on certain days?
    Many thanks!

PT93 wrote: »
    Can you lucky people do me a favour and tell me how long it is from the phone call to the induction day please? :) Is it 7 days? Also, do the induction days only take place on certain days?
    Many thanks!

We're a special case :P haha what I mean is because of the Twelfth I think we're having longer than usual between phone call and induction and phone call and start date. No idea what the usual time scale is but you'll have plenty of notice between call and induction, way more than 7 days anyway. The inductions also seem to always take place over a weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I think we got about 2 weeks or so notice for the induction. It's always a weekend, both Saturday and Sunday.

The second lot of online learning is heavy going that's for sure!

19087 wrote: »
    I think we got about 2 weeks or so notice for the induction. It's always a weekend, both Saturday and Sunday.

The second lot of online learning is heavy going that's for sure!

Heavy going but I bet it's got you raring to go! :) can't wait to get stuck in myself!

I'm getting a new laptop too, I t says we need one for gv so I assume we will need it for classes etc but I personally find it easier to go type up notes after a class, well that worked for my a levels many moons ago lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33 babawiggum

Hi soon to be colleagues..does anyone know if we can use the facilities at New Forge as soon as we start

Ah you'll recognise me. The really really ridiculously good looking (and modest) one.

(At least that's what mammy says. And she'd never lie)

So do u look more like Ben stiller or Owen Wilson? Lol

So do u look more like Ben stiller or Owen Wilson? Lol

It's a walk off people!!!! Sorry, love that film :D

It's a walk off people!!!! Sorry, love that film :D

I've been working on a new look, people

• Advertisement

I've been working on a new look, people

"The man has only one look for Christ's sake! Blue Steel, Ferrari, Le Tigre? They're the same face! Doesn't anyone notice this?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I invented the piano key necktie!!"

Advertisement