Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michaella, Peru and the Drugs Run. RTÉ One, Monday 7 July, 9.35pm

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They were smuggling out of Peru.......

Ah it all becomes clear now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lured naively....oh ffs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 spear_mint

Lapin wrote: »
    On merit, I think it was relatively fair.

Think of the lives destroyed by drug abuse and addiction and it almost seems lenient.

Furthermore, if they came clean in the first place without concocting that cock and bull about they're lives being in danger, the sentence would more than likely been less.

coming clean to police does nothing for anyone , police like quick and easy convictions , you dont put your head in a noose for them

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭NightOfTheHunt

I had to register just to post this, I see RTE's agenda now (it wasn't obvious from the start) but it's clearly trying to paint Melissa as the main culprit and poor Michaella just got led on and made a genuine mistake.

"Mummy, mummy, I don't blame poor Michaella, I don't judge Michaella, I just miss Michaella"

There will be tears before the end of show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Her first mistake was smuggling the drugs in a Quaker Oats packet. It's not as if Quaker Oats aren't plentiful in Europe. She should've put them in some Peruvian dried noodles or something like that......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Where is Michaela from?

Anyone know what the accents like up there?

Like, the sister and "mummmmaaay" - are they "working class" or "middle class accents"??

They seem decent enough to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Lured naively?

The only one who's naive is you love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

I have a mental image of the 700 female prisoners walking around with their hair up in buns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

whupdedo wrote: »
    Who is the name of Jaysus tries to snuggle coke into peru anyway? would that not be like trying to smuggle turf into offaly

you should be given 6 years in Peruvian jail for stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will all drug dealers and smugglers now get programmes on RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

amdublin wrote: »
    Where is Michaela from?

Anyone know what the accents like up there?

Like, the sister and "mummmmaaay" - are they "working class" or "middle class accents"??

They seem decent enough to me....

Monaghan then moved to Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I have a mental image of the 700 female prisoners walking around with their hair up in buns!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will all drug dealers and smugglers now get programmes on RTE

John Gilligan to replace Tubbers - certainly would liven things up a bit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

woejus wrote: »
    Monaghan then moved to Tyrone.

Thank you.

Anyone know what their accents are like? Decent enough or lower classish???

This is my mental image of the prison:

36203.jpg

That's what I get for staying up late to watch Prisoner Cell Block H.

Ah the poor mother!

Peru looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The tears have arrived:rolleyes:

Peru looks nice.

According to Melissa, it's sh!t. I'm not sure who to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭NightOfTheHunt

Coming up next week:

"Is Larry Murphy innocent or just misunderstood"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You've Been Trumped up next, thought they powers that be would never let that on RTÉ with the red carpet welcome the government gave Trump recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I wonder did the sister attempt a wee smuggle whilst over there

Coming up next week:

"Is Larry Murphy innocent or just misunderstood"

Welcome. Stick around. You'll go far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hard not to feel sorry for her mother.

I don't have any hope that Michaela will ultimately learn anything from this either. She'll be out soon and the life and trappings of Z-list celebrity will be hers and it will have all been worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Crap programme, showed no insight into it at all, so biassed too as if the drugs just fell into her suitcase, poor michealla shur she didnt do a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

I had to register just to post this, I see RTE's agenda now (it wasn't obvious from the start) but it's clearly trying to paint Melissa as the main culprit and poor Michaella just got led on and made a genuine mistake.

"Mummy, mummy, I don't blame poor Michaella, I don't judge Michaella, I just miss Michaella"

There will be tears before the end of show.

spot on.. there it is now. miriam o callaghan will have them on soon. empathise with her mother however, shes doing what all mothers would do in a similar situation.
    slightly cynical to portray melissa as 'leading on' Michaela as if theres no way an Irish girl could do any wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

Am I the only one who feels a wee but sorry for them?! More so for the families mind...

I must be going soft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I also thought it was a bit of a cop out when the narrator said near the end "whatever the truth is......"

Feels like sweeping it under the carpet, when the evidence presents an overwhelming case for what the actual truth is.

How much do participants get for an episode of Banged Up Abroad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd love to see Melissa Reid's family's reaction to the programme. I'd say they'd be less than impressed.

Advertisement