Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intake 4!!! 1309 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

What about intakes after Sept?

Don't take it personally if you see me giving out about it ! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

What about intakes after Sept?

Don't take it personally if you see me giving out about it ! :o

Id hope if its the same campaign the pay will be the same ....

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

nodrogs11 wrote: »
    I checked this with hr and we are starting on 23 mark :)

Great news. Thanks for letting us know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

LG1985 wrote: »
    Id hope if its the same campaign the pay will be the same ....

T'will be interesting to hear for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

Anyway moving away from the pay issue which seems to be dominating every post on here at the moment, starting to sink in over the weekend, can't wait to start now the notice has been handed in :) hopefully get something in the post over the next few days to raise excitement further and give more of an insight into what happens next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

I'm hoping the info pack will arrive tomorrow and give us a happy read! So is anyone else looking at houses to rent around hotel gv?

I got the call on Wednesday and the lady said she will send it out Thursday but it never arrived so I'm guessing it'll be here tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

I didn't think it would be as early as that but hopefully I'm wrong :) seemed like on the last intakes they didn't get it till the middle of the following week although I suppose their calls went out on Thursday, Friday or a Monday, not midweek like ours.

Sgtmort wrote: »
    I'm hoping the info pack will arrive tomorrow and give us a happy read! So is anyone else looking at houses to rent around hotel gv?

How far away (without giving too much away of course) do you live? There's always the option of living in if you're more than 30 or 50 miles away, you could save yourself a few quid lol

I live very close so pretty lucky! Jumping the gun a bit but I hope we get enough notice to find a house near were we are posted before we start!

• Advertisement

Sdcharger wrote: »
    I live very close so pretty lucky! Jumping the gun a bit but I hope we get enough notice to find a house near were we are posted before we start!

Not TOO near though! Lol I agree though, I hope they wouldn't just give you a week's notice or anything like that before heading to your station but who knows!

I currently live 1hr 40min away, though when I start I'll leave this house as I'm only renting it. When I do that the only address I will have is my mums and she lives 30min away so ill probably not be able to stay for free :( I just thought that was too close for the free stay? Though I could ring them tomorrow and see

I currently live 1hr 40min away, though when I start I'll leave this house as I'm only renting it. When I do that the only address I will have is my mums and she lives 30min away so ill probably not be able to stay for free :( I just thought that was too close for the free stay? Though I could ring them tomorrow and see

Could be worth a shot, you don't ask you don't get after all! Your opinion could change once we actually see the rooms though, I don't really know what they're like, assuming pretty basic and much like a uni dorm and a 5 month stay might not be the most appetizing prospect lol

Haha I went to boarding school wen I was 11 for 7 years so cudnt be worse than that place lol

Haha I went to boarding school wen I was 11 for 7 years so cudnt be worse than that place lol

I'm sure it'll be the lap of luxury for you then! :P haha I did a month long French course last summer, I've honestly seen more welcoming and better equipped prison cells than room I had to stay in.

Could be worth a shot, you don't ask you don't get after all! Your opinion could change once we actually see the rooms though, I don't really know what they're like, assuming pretty basic and much like a uni dorm and a 5 month stay might not be the most appetizing prospect lol

I actually think the only thing that helped me through halls at Uni was that it was first year and all I did was drink lol

I'll have to remember this isn't really going to be the same :)

Anyone else applied for the next recruitment drive?

I did. And have a date for IST coming up soon. Was thinking of taking a picture of two fingers and emailing that to Deloitte after what I have been through with them. Think they might accept that???

Anyone else applied for the next recruitment drive?

I did. And have a date for IST coming up soon. Was thinking of taking a picture of two fingers and emailing that to Deloitte after what I have been through with them. Think they might accept that???

Haha I'm the same Fenners! Was thinking of putting them on the receiving end of a wee rejection letter for a change :P also anyone get a welcome pack today? None here for me I'm afraid!

Haha I'm the same Fenners! Was thinking of putting them on the receiving end of a wee rejection letter for a change :P also anyone get a welcome pack today? None here for me I'm afraid!

Haha same, I already emailed them straight away and got a really quick email back thanking me for letting them know that I was withdrawing it.

Sdcharger wrote: »
    Haha same, I already emailed them straight away and got a really quick email back thanking me for letting them know that I was withdrawing it.

I did say I wouldn't be attending and that I was withdrawing as I had already accepted an offer of employment. That was really just to rub it in and was the closest I could get without actually sending them a pic of my two fingers lol

No post for me today either...not even a bill!

• Advertisement

The post has arrived. After a quick flick of it I see that there are two different induction dates. One on the confirmation and one on another letter (same as what I got told on the phone). Might have to give them a ring...

YEa I called them today, the date you were given on the phone is correct, not the date that comes first if you get me :) though no mention of how much pay :/

YEa I called them today, the date you were given on the phone is correct, not the date that comes first if you get me :) though no mention of how much pay :/

Yes I phoned too. Said just to score that out. Um ok then lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

What are the deferring options for those that got the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Depending on when you did pca and medical, if you defer you may have to redo both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

I enquired about possibly deferring as I needed one day off in the 22 week training period. They told me if I did I would have to redo PCA.

But luckily they agreed to let me have the day off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Thats my notice handed in and acceptance form returned to lisnasharragh.

Roll on the induction weekend!!

Have you read the induction pack? The bit about bedding?

You think they would like a one direction duvet? Or even my little pony? Lol

I would like to go to ikea and buy a scented candle and a pot plant :-P

Have you read the induction pack? The bit about bedding?

You think they would like a one direction duvet? Or even my little pony? Lol

I would like to go to ikea and buy a scented candle and a pot plant :-P

Depending on what the food's like I could see myself hitting IKEA for some meatballs! Oh and might get a Fireman Sam duvet to show solidarity with our new emergency services comrades haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol I have a fireman Sam one I can lend you Dutch, Fenners it's hello kitty instead of the my little pony I'm afraid. Is that ok? Need your opinion in something you two. I'll send a pm if you don't mind

Advertisement