Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from Evike

Options
  • 20-05-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Anyone here ever order from Evike? Thinking of ordering an A.E.G from them as was wondering if I'd get hit from customs to pay duty on it.
    Anyone got any info on the subject?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

r0n0c wrote: »
    Anyone here ever order from Evike? Thinking of ordering an A.E.G from them as was wondering if I'd get hit from customs to pay duty on it.
    Anyone got any info on the subject?

IIRC, evike do international postage in a very messed up way unless they've since changed since last time I had a look. Basically you place your order and pay for it - and THEN they tell you how much postage will cost and charge you for that again. Not for me personally and tbh anything you can get from the US, you can get from Asia (usually for a great deal less, postage all told) without the red tip defacery or trademark butchery.

You will undoubtedly get hit for customs too. No way a package that big will escape unnoticed when DVD boxed sets aren't ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

+1

Evike are huge retailers in the US, and one of the major sponsors of Lion Claws events.

In my experience, many retailers in the US have so little experience of international postage that they often don't want to deal with the US Postal Service at all and they hand everything over to FedEx or UPS. Some of their charges can be outrageous. There are some honourable exceptions, but not many.

And yes, Customs will hit you for EU Duty and VAT at a minimum. If UPS handle the clearance you'll also get hit with their fees, and even more VAT. Everything over 22USD declared value is stopped & checked these days. And then there are the X-Ray machines.

Also, if an AEG is coming from the US, there's a significant chance they will assume it's over 1J. If they check the website and it says 400fps, you'll probably never see it. That, to me, is a much bigger issue than crappy trademarks (sorry James:)). YMMV.

Sorry, mate. Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Thanks for the info lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Gunfire.pl is another good site.my mate uses it and never has any problem with them plus there very good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭T.C.

I thought I'd give you my 2 cents..

I buy a fair amount of parts from evike, and I've never had an issue either a) getting a shipping price as I put in the order or b) having it stopped by customs" .... But then that's for parts, not aegs

I've also used gunfire.pl quite a bit as well, and their service is superb; gls couriers and done for free if its over a certain value. Every item always gets through but several have had to be downgraded before use in Ireland as the limits in Poland are much higher...

Good luck
    T.C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Cheers for the replies, in the end I ordered what I was looking for from landwarrior in England with no hassles

Advertisement