Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars that will be worth a fortune in the future.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Rover 75/ZT

Pisshat b5.5 TDI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

starlet turbos.

look at the late 80's version, even 5 or 6 years ago you could get them for €1-2k... now they are going for 5-6k+

if you want a good sound investment, go out and buy 4 or 5 glanzas for 1500 each, dry store them for the next ten years, take them back out they'l easily sell for 4 or 5 times what you paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Not because i own one, but saab 900s are starting to get rather pricey, one on dd with every available option going for under 5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

starlet turbos.

look at the late 80's version, even 5 or 6 years ago you could get them for €1-2k... now they are going for 5-6k+

if you want a good sound investment, go out and buy 4 or 5 glanzas for 1500 each, dry store them for the next ten years, take them back out they'l easily sell for 4 or 5 times what you paid.

You still have to tax it though wouldn't you? That'd eat into profit

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No sorn it.

You sign car off the road for as long as you want or if you don't just sell and nobody has to be caught to pay back tax.

12 months or less at a time for signing off the road.

• Advertisement

Pug 406 Coupe
    Laguna coupe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Have noticed NA MX5's taking a bit of a hike in the last year.
    Clean early models are getting rarer than I thought and I'm now tempted to buy another one, a really clean one and keep it standard while my blue one gets the race car for the road treatment.
    The great roadster bargain is taking a turn it seems!

On a similar note, FD3S RX-7 would make a great investment now. If you could get a Spirit R and store it I could see you make a mint.
    Not sure the RX-8 will ever be quite as successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

CianRyan wrote: »
    Have noticed NA MX5's taking a bit of a hike in the last year.
    Clean early models are getting rarer than I thought and I'm now tempted to buy another one, a really clean one and keep it standard while my blue one gets the race car for the road treatment.
    The great roadster bargain is taking a turn it seems!

On a similar note, FD3S RX-7 would make a great investment now. If you could get a Spirit R and store it I could see you make a mint.
    Not sure the RX-8 will ever be quite as successful.

Sprint R is just a beautiful motor. Should be worth a mint now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would add limited edition models such as the Renault Clio Williams

Seat Leon Cupra R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Getting more realistic here but I think the little Mazda 121 that was only made around 90-91 the rounded shape one looked a bit like a Morris Minor will rise in value if you could find a decent one. I only ever remember them being red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

jca wrote: »
    Getting more realistic here but I think the little Mazda 121 that was only made around 90-91 the rounded shape one looked a bit like a Morris Minor will rise in value if you could find a decent one. I only ever remember them being red.

I know the one, I drove a green one once, loved it haha, then the owner decided to crash it shortly afterwards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

VW Corrado, 205 1.9gti, XR3i's, XR2's, Celica GT4's with the pop up lights, basically hot hatches that were desirable back in the day but just aren't really seen anymore.

9bred4 wrote: »
    Sprint R is just a beautiful motor. Should be worth a mint now :D

A Spirit R over here will still set you back about €15k!
    In the USA they can make upto €60/€70,000. :eek:
    Prices on RHD JDM cars over there are mental though.

A regular FD3S 280PS can be got for less than €5000 over here, that's a serious car for nothing. A clean one is 100% worth dry storing.

I know the one, I drove a green one once, loved it haha, then the owner decided to crash it shortly afterwards :(

Most of them died premature deaths in the hands of elderly/learner drivers. A nice little car.

VW Corrado, 205 1.9gti, XR3i's, XR2's, Celica GT4's with the pop up lights, basically hot hatches that were desirable back in the day but just aren't really seen anymore.

ST205's are going up lately actually, the secret is out! :(

jca wrote: »
    Most of them died premature deaths in the hands of elderly/learner drivers. A nice little car.

I've spotted lots recently, one on a 94 plate. Why did they stop making them?

ST205's are going up lately actually, the secret is out! :(

Look at what cars are approaching the 30 year mark shortly. 3 litre Supra's with F-all tax to pay anyone?! We're lucky enough to see classic cars coming through now that are reliable enough to use everyday.

ba_barabus wrote: »

With the job I do, I spot loads and loads of bog standard, one granny owner mk2 Fiestas and what not with 5k miles on them. Cars like that will be worth money because we all learned to drive in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Honda civic jordan

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Honda civic jordan

They tend to make less money than a well kept SiR at the moment.
    The leather they used for the seats seems to have age terribly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

The Alfa Romeo 156 has to be one.

And the Rover 75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Peugeot 406 coupe - is there an Italian coupe from the 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s that isn't worth a fortune? Same goes for the Alfa GTV and Fiat Coupe.

They tend to make less money than a well kept SiR at the moment.
    The leather they used for the seats seems to have age terribly.

An original standard unabused jordan will make more than an SIR and it's EU vti equivalent.

There was only 500 made and IMO the interior is fantastic in them. I don't think the leather has aged badly at all but may appear so in the many ragged and abused examples you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I can see clean E39 M Sports making a good bit more than they do now in the future. Same with EG/EK Civics. They alread hold a substantial amount but I can see that going up even more. EG's in particular.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    An original standard unabused jordan will make more than an SIR and it's EU vti equivalent.

There was only 500 made and IMO the interior is fantastic in them. I don't think the leather has aged badly at all but may appear so in the many ragged and abused examples you see.

I think I may be seeing the same **** heap sold again and again on done deal to be fair. I must have a look around for a good one, really rare though as you say.

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Peugeot 406 coupe - is there an Italian coupe from the 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s that isn't worth a fortune? Same goes for the Alfa GTV and Fiat Coupe.

The fiat coupe is a fantastic looking car with the power to match on 5 cylinder 20v models. Shame its let down by poor build quality though. Still it's a special car IMO.

Can't say the same about a 406 coupe though. Yes it's looks good but there's nothing too special about it. No great performance engine and a drab interior based on the standard 406. There a bit anonymous too despite their good looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I think I may be seeing the same **** heap sold again and again on done deal to be fair. I must have a look around for a good one, really rare though as you say.

It's extremely rare that you would see a standard low mileage example for sale in this country. I've only ever seen genuine low mileage low owner genuinely clean examples on auto trader UK and even at that they were few and far between.

ba_barabus wrote: »

I think the merge with Ford did them in. The next 121 was a slightly jazzed up fiesta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

BMW M5 E34 perhaps and the BMW 850csi.

Then there's the Corrado VR6.

Advertisement