Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

pcplod wrote: »
    how can they have .5 of a sergeant or inspector? That's whats baffling me.....lol

Or .25 staff. Altho I did read on down and see that it means a job share or part timer.

Thought that old saying of "splitting myself in two" was a new requirement Deloitte forgot to mention lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Or .25 staff. Altho I did read on down and see that it means a job share or part timer.

Thought that old saying of "splitting myself in two" was a new requirement Deloitte forgot to mention lol

unless one or 2 had an unfortunate sawmill accident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

how can they have .5 of a sergeant or inspector? That's whats baffling me.....lol

Lol you muppets not read??? It's job share, some detectives you'll make lmao ;)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol you muppets not read??? It's job share, some detectives you'll make lmao ;)

myyy reeeeding ainte up to scratch with 2 hours sleep lol

myyy reeeeding ainte up to scratch with 2 hours sleep lol

Wee one keeping you up lol

Wee one keeping you up lol

didn't get in from work till after 3 then the wee one up and about from just after 6 lol

Oh the joys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Wide range is ages/areas, are we hoping to hear something in the next few days??

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

DaveNi wrote: »
    Wide range is ages/areas, are we hoping to hear something in the next few days??

Would love it if we did, but CDizzle heard it would be the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

I was in the last batch to recieve vetting forms and I'm pretty sure it was around the same time the calls went out to tell people who had been through everything that they had a place.

And those calls have been going out yesterday and today....

It'll happen soon :-) they might want to get them to you before the 12th fortnight.

Just an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

oztop1234 wrote: »
    I was in the last batch to recieve vetting forms and I'm pretty sure it was around the same time the calls went out to tell people who had been through everything that they had a place.

And those calls have been going out yesterday and today....

It'll happen soon :-) they might want to get them to you before the 12th fortnight.

Just an opinion

That's what I thought too, was expecting forms this week or next. Who really knows though, things don't seem to be particularly consistent with this campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

i assume everyone is eagerly checking the post hoping that today is the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Eagerly awaiting the postmans arrival is a daily occurance now.

Disappointed not to hear any word this week, which now means no word next week either!

Hopefully a quiet day tomorrow.

Maybe they chucked them in the post on the way out the door and we'll get them next week.....wishful thinking!

• Advertisement

The girl from vetting was off on Wednesday, I'd hazard a guess she wasn't in the rest of the week too :/

Haha very wishful thinking Indeed, trying not to think about the application and focus on work at the minute, but can't stop watching police programmes !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Do you actually get to take a weeks holiday in the north during this week or what? :eek:

Lol some places only take Monday since it's a bank holiday, others take a long weekend depending when 12th actually falls, some places don't take anything at all but then you've got builders etc who take 2 weeks off lol

Someone forgot to tell me it's the Apocalypse tomorrow. Just in from tesco and they've totally sold out of bread and milk. Wtf? They're not even closed tomorrow FFS!!! Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Lol some places only take Monday since it's a bank holiday, others take a long weekend depending when 12th actually falls, some places don't take anything at all but then you've got builders etc who take 2 weeks off lol

Someone forgot to tell me it's the Apocalypse tomorrow. Just in from tesco and they've totally sold out of bread and milk. Wtf? They're not even closed tomorrow FFS!!! Grrrr

Im slowly losing my patience!!!! x

• Advertisement

Lol me too chick. PCA soon??

Less than a month now ! :o

I've come to the conclusion that the PCA will be a walk in the park compared to doing circuits for an hour ! :)

Really frustrating all the waiting.... Id love to just have some sort of communication nothing since i got my results

Lol me too chick. PCA soon??

About a month away just ... :-/

Less than a month now ! :o

I've come to the conclusion that the PCA will be a walk in the park compared to doing circuits for an hour ! :)

Glad you think so!! Lol!!

Take it you don't agree ? Be some redner if i end up failing it after saying that! :p

I've reserved you both a seat in limbo. You're getting through and don't think or say anything differently!!!!

Lets hope so ! :)

Fierce quiet on here today, take it you all are dieing after last night, yeh? :pac:

Lets hope so ! :)

Fierce quiet on here today, take it you all are dieing after last night, yeh? :pac:

I was workin til 06:30 ... Worst night of my life!!!!!!

LG1985 wrote: »
    I was workin til 06:30 ... Worst night of my life!!!!!!

You may get used to them! :p

• Advertisement

You may get used to them! :p

Oh i am trust me!! Worked enough of them!! Never gets any easier tho!! :p

Missing the craic on here too. One extreme to another

Ive been at work since Wednesday :(

Ive been at work since Wednesday :(

Oh im here again!!! The joys!!

Are we to expect anything this week or is everything just shut up shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I don't think we will... I'd love to, but doubt there'll be any letters this week. It seems a long long time since AC results/March...

.S. wrote: »
    I don't think we will... I'd love to, but doubt there'll be any letters this week. It seems a long long time since AC results/March...

Yea sometimes i wonder if they have lost my details. On a positive im currently fitter than ive ever been and rugby pre season hasnt been as painful as other years.

Just done the ist again. Anybody been in touch with the psni in this stage. Ive re-read through the email i got with my assesment centre results and it states that my details would be passed to the psni and i would hear shortly. That was the end of march and we're now nearly finished july. Just doing the ist again today has me stressed at going through the whole process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I was informed at an info session in June that remaining details will be passed to PSNI at the end of June in order for them to contact people. The HR guy i spoke to said that the remaining people (from 63% to 60% as far as i know) would be contacted at the end of July and the end of August about PCA dates/vetting forms etc. I'm in the batch still waiting to hear something as well so just try to relax. If you don't hear by september then you can panic.

• Advertisement

Anyone else get an email there?
    Was scared to open incase it was a dear john

Did anyone just get an email???

Yup got it! Surely that's great news??

monty46 wrote: »

Yeah its great news. Id been really feeling down about the whole thing after doing the ist again at the start of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Got the e-mail too!

Heart skipped for a second thinking it was the end of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Yeah its great news. Id been really feeling down about the whole thing after doing the ist again at the start of the week

Hey, what did the email say??

• Advertisement

Have my IST next week again, thankfully can go in to it without everything relying on that exam!! Time to really step up the training!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

YEP! I started to mutter profanities as I opened it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I had the fear opening that e-mail as well.

Reading it over i'm picking up a sense of: We've got your details, we'll get round to giving you a PCA and vetting forms, kindly leave us alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Sounds like good news to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

col212 wrote: »
    Hey, what did the email say??

Just that the applications may now be processed through the remaining stages and asking for any change in circumstances.

Hopefully catch some of you guys at PCA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement