Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerbdog Live album

• 24-06-2014 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm sure many people on this forum know Kerbdog, yesterday they started a Pledgemusic campaign in which fans fund the making of their new live album in return for cd's, t-shirts etc , just thought I'd spread the word :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Whatever happened to Wilt?

Remember Cormac Battle being a legendary gob****e back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Evan Bruton

Whatever happened to Wilt?

Remember Cormac Battle being a legendary gob****e back in the day

Never happened for them, released two albums then got dropped by the label, split up shortly after, ah Battle's not that bad a guy!

Never happened for them, released two albums then got dropped by the label, split up shortly after, ah Battle's not that bad a guy!

Anytime he dj'd in Whelans or the old TBMC, he never played my requests! :mad::mad::D

Better reason than any haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Weren't they more or less the same band? Thought only one member was different or something like that.

• Advertisement

Open Arms and Radio Disco were good tunes

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    Weren't they more or less the same band? Thought only one member was different or something like that.

Yeah, bass player was the only difference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I was at one of the shows in the Academy when they said they'd be recording it all for a live album. Played very good but I've little time for Battle. Between songs he was chatting and giving shout outs to his 2fm cronies and snide remarks about a back up band from England that played before them. Couldn't fault the other lads though and altogether a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Loved Kerbdog back in the day but they were kind of taking the mickey with the reunion gigs they started in 2005 - playing songs from the same 2 albums. However, they seemed to have stepped it up recently with the live album coming out, recording a new/old unreleased studio track and having Billy Dalton re-join them for the original 4 piece line-up.

They're playing in Portlaoise on August 9th so I'm looking forward to seeing them as a 4 piece for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    Kerbdog's Sally & Wilt's Radio Disco have the same guitar riff.
    Neither were up to much imo.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Loved Kerbdog back in the day but they were kind of taking the mickey with the reunion gigs they started in 2005 - playing songs from the same 2 albums. However, they seemed to have stepped it up recently with the live album coming out, recording a new/old unreleased studio track and having Billy Dalton re-join them for the original 4 piece line-up.

They're playing in Portlaoise on August 9th so I'm looking forward to seeing them as a 4 piece for the first time.

Yeah, the live album's a good idea. Couldn't see them ever doing a new studio album or anything though

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

I thought they were better as a grunge/helmet type band, the first album basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Apparently, they're recording a new studio album in 2015, according to Darragh Butler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKWxVyOf54

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 IronicNic

Kerbdog's Sally & Wilt's Radio Disco have the same guitar riff.
    Neither were up to much imo.

Dunno about Wilco but Sally is a great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭r.duke

Yeah totally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭SM01

Never thought Kerbdog or Wilt got enough credit so looking forward to this. I got to know Cormac a good few years ago after Wilt met their demise while he was on pirate Phantom before and during his early years on 2FM (but subsequently lost touch when I moved abroad) - he's a grand lad.

Advertisement