Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zonal defence

Options
  • 28-06-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Eh, when did that happen? Now it's added a whole layer of new moments of indecisiveness and psychological warfare!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I must say I really like it, I love the depth now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

FewFew wrote: »
    Eh, when did that happen? Now it's added a whole layer of new moments of indecisiveness and psychological warfare!

didn't it come in with the new tactics settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

nope, they came in at the start of S21, zonal defence* didn't come in until the start of this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'm not doing well in keeping up!!

They're really moving it away from the casual gamer if you want to be competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Completely missed this myself until I spotted this thread! Must say I fear relegation coming soon, a combination of aging team, others growing stronget and me just not putting as much time in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

crisco10 wrote: »
    Completely missed this myself until I spotted this thread! Must say I fear relegation coming soon, a combination of aging team, others growing stronget and me just not putting as much time in!

I hear ya...them young whipper snappers....who do they think they are???

I'm not so sure about the new zonal defence, its made it a real lottery now ....u really need top defenders who can defend any attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

daheff wrote: »
    I hear ya...them young whipper snappers....who do they think they are???

I'm not so sure about the new zonal defence, its made it a real lottery now ....u really need top defenders who can defend any attack.

It does make it more about the players really. Which in a way is a bit more realistic; however it does make it harder for someone to surprise/get lucky and cause a massive upset. Before Zonal tactics, if Rush met driving anything was possible!

As I say though, it makes me tempted to flog all my 30 somethings and concentrate on developing good flexible individuals who can defend well. And if that makes me likely to get relegated, so be it. I'll just try to be in a position to bounce back up.

Advertisement