Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Used them Mam bottles as mostly breastfed and was handy for the odd time I used expressed milk or the cartons, basically you dismantle the bottle, pour a small amount of water in the bottle, put lid over top and microwave, found them great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

rotun wrote: »
    What is this witchcraft! No sterilizer required.. how does that work?

I think you put water in the bottom and put it in the microwave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

rotun wrote: »
    What is this witchcraft! No sterilizer required.. how does that work?

I use a mix of these and dr browns (incidentally you easily fit 6 dr browns in that steriliser you just need to stack the parts).my girls like tha teat on the MAM bottles and they are good for wind but I don't rate the self sterilising feature. The steam always ended up popping the parts apart for me. Just put them in my normal steriliser. You need to be careful too when assembling or they leak - theres a knack to it.

Also its not always easy to get the MAM teats in larger sizes - I had to order from boots online as instore in 3 had none nor did tesco, mccabes or any of my local chemists. The dr brown, tommee tippee, avent etc are all easy to find in the larger flow teats.

Also its not always easy to get the MAM teats in larger sizes - I had to order from boots online as instore in 3 had none nor did tesco, mccabes or any of my local chemists. The dr brown, tommee tippee, avent etc are all easy to find in the larger flow teats.

We are still using teat number 1 for our tommee tippees!

Millem wrote: »
    We are still using teat number 1 for our tommee tippees!

It depends on the formula too - if you use the MAM bottles for wind you may also be using a thicker formula and need size 2 teats. That's what happened to us and I couldn't find the larger ones anywhere. The avent teats fit thos bottles but my girls particularly like the shape of the MAM teats.

It depends on the formula too - if you use the MAM bottles for wind you may also be using a thicker formula and need size 2 teats. That's what happened to us and I couldn't find the larger ones anywhere. The avent teats fit thos bottles but my girls particularly like the shape of the MAM teats.

We just use the aptimal first milk and teats are grand! I can't get over price of teats compared to price of bottles!

We just use the aptimal first milk and teats are grand! I can't get over price of teats compared to price of bottles!

I know its ridiculous and if you read the leaflet will that comes with the bottles it says your supposed to replace teats every 6-8 weeks! As if! We're still using the ones we got at around 8 weeks and the girls are 6 months now. I actually think that bottles should come without teats and then you buy the size best suited for your needs (at a more reasonable price!) I only used size 1 for 3 weeks.

BTW moving up teat size is recommended as you get closer to moving baby onto beakers so that they are more used to the increased flow. As they get older the smaller teats cause them to suck more and can lead to wind and even for some kids speech and swallowing problems. Speech therapist friend of mine is always reminding me to increase teat size as they get older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I know its ridiculous and if you read the leaflet will that comes with the bottles it says your supposed to replace teats every 6-8 weeks! As if! We're still using the ones we got at around 8 weeks and the girls are 6 months now. I actually think that bottles should come without teats and then you buy the size best suited for your needs (at a more reasonable price!) I only used size 1 for 3 weeks.

BTW moving up teat size is recommended as you get closer to moving baby onto beakers so that they are more used to the increased flow. As they get older the smaller teats cause them to suck more and can lead to wind and even for some kids speech and swallowing problems. Speech therapist friend of mine is always reminding me to increase teat size as they get older.

I had no idea you were supposed to change them that often...oops. I only use one bottle on alternate days of ebm. I switched to a slower teat cos I felt it was coming out too quick and she had no control over it. Again ... Oops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not really a bargain alert at the mo, but it could be...

You can now order F-F clothes online from the irish site, prices are in euro and you can return to store or by post for free. So you can skip the elbows and get your sale kids clothes from your armchair.

Delivery is €4, but oddly:
    Refund of delivery charges

As long as you're returning all of your order, we'll refund your delivery charge in full. If you're only returning some of your products, the delivery charge will remain.

Also re vest:

there are 8 styles of this vest:
    http://www.f-f.com/ie/product/f-f-i-love-mummy-short-sleeve-bodysuit/kb412089

all now 87c each in stores, they were in a basket and were 4 for 6euro, but now they are reduced to 87c each. Not exactly sleeveless but they are cool logos and slogans so they can be worn as outerwear.

Marks and Spencer's sale starts today some children's clothes are 50% off
    http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Kids/IE_SubCategory_9991238,en_IE,sc.html?intid=hp_ban_1_4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem - since you are the vest expert ;) - where has 6-9mth sleeveless vests? My local tesco and dunnes either don't have the size or when they do its the 3 pack which works out a good bit more expensive. I bought 2 packs of 3 and with the few 3-6 month that still fit I'm managing but they won't fit into them much longer! This heat has them growing like weeds!

Hello lady I was in tesco dundrum today and remembered your post so had a quick look. They have sleeveless vest 3 pack for €3.25 in the 6-9mth. They have them in all sizes.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hello lady I was in tesco dundrum today and remembered your post so had a quick look. They have sleeveless vest 3 pack for €3.25 in the 6-9mth. They have them in all sizes.

Thanks but Dundrum no good for us :(

They prob have them in other tescos that have the clothes department aswell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

• Advertisement

2 packs of pampers new baby sensitive wipes for €2.50 in boots. The new baby sensitive are usually €3.49 each!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

When is the nappy sale again? Is it next week? :)

They prob have them in other tescos that have the clothes department aswell...

No unfortunately the three within reasonable distance from me only ever seem to have long or short sleeve in the size I want - never any sleeveless :(

No unfortunately the three within reasonable distance from me only ever seem to have long or short sleeve in the size I want - never any sleeveless :(

:(

annettea wrote: »
    When is the nappy sale again? Is it next week? :)

I reckon from Sunday pampers large bags will be BOGOF as child benefit is Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Have you tried the boys section? I hate the way all the clothes are divided out in my local one. Makes it so hard to find stuff. Found the sleeveless in boys in the end. Also all the skanks opening packs and leaving only one behind doesn't help...grrrrr. It's finglas btw!

kandr10 wrote: »
    Have you tried the boys section? I hate the way all the clothes are divided out in my local one. Makes it so hard to find stuff. Found the sleeveless in boys in the end. Also all the skanks opening packs and leaving only one behind doesn't help...grrrrr. It's finglas btw!

Tescos in my area have all the white vests together beside the jammies packets! Not in boy/girl sections! Hate people opening the packets too - major pet peeve of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fallengalaxies

Hi,
    Was in h&m and they had sleeveless light weight vest in 2 packs- pink/ white. They're fab .
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I was in h&m yesterday too and got those sleeveless vests, nice and light weight. H & M in general have the cutest clothes and so reasonable, I got romper sets (packs of 2) for €9.95, they have superman ones and poo and tiger, and deadly rocker t shirts for €5.95 with ac/dc, led zeplin and rolling stones on them.

Persil small and mighty non bio (liquid detergent) 60 washes is €10 till Wednesday in supervalu. Dunnes have extended offer of their own brand nappies to Monday 30th. (Bought the nappies at the weekend and they are great)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 babybaby2014

I was looking at those nappies and was wondering what they would be like? I have only ever stuck with the Pampers so far.

I was looking at those nappies and was wondering what they would be like? I have only ever stuck with the Pampers so far.

They are brilliant! I also bought tesco the other day and let's just say my jeans had a wet patch in them :(( I had tried them in size one and found them a disaster, now he is size 4 I thought I would try them again! I am rotating each nappy change between pampers, lidl and a dunnes as I don't want the nappy to hit him in the same spot every time in case it irritates him.

Has anyone ordered from the buyers club before? They actually still sell huggies!
    http://www.buyersclub.ie/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=Huggies
    Free delivery over €50 and if you sign up you get 10% off first order.
    They are doing some good deals on certain sizes if you work out price per nappy

Has anyone ordered from the buyers club before? They actually still sell huggies!
    http://www.buyersclub.ie/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=Huggies
    Free delivery over €50 and if you sign up you get 10% off first order.
    They are doing some good deals on certain sizes if you work out price per nappy

frickin LOVE huggies! We used them when we were away and they were brilliant!

frickin LOVE huggies! We used them when we were away and they were brilliant!

They have them in size 3 at a good price! They accept PayPal so they mustn't be dodgey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Does anyone know anywhere that sells short sleeve button up light pj's? Addie will be going in for her open heart surgery soon and won't be able to lift her arms over her head for the first couple of days so looking for light pj's that button up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

January wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere that sells short sleeve button up light pj's? Addie will be going in for her open heart surgery soon and won't be able to lift her arms over her head for the first couple of days so looking for light pj's that button up!

Oh the poor wee pet, hope everything goes as well as possible for ye! What age is she again?

She's 5 and a half :) She's a little trooper so she'll be grand.

Wee pet. Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts to you and your family. Hope all goes well.

Poor little thing. I will keep my eyes peeled. The only buttoned ones I have seen are this type http://www.f-f.com/ie/product/me-to-you-tatty-teddy-flannel-pyjamas/ax413014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh January id say your a nervous wreck (I know I would be). Hope all goes well for her.
    Was just googling there. They are hard to find aren't they.

The poor pet :(
    Maybe if you can't find them it'd be worth just buying long sleeve ones and then using the wunderweb stuff to hem the arms?
    Or if the long sleeve ones are all very heavy you could even get a normal short sleeve one, cut it down the middle and get the iron on velcro along the cut so it's easily open and closed.

Thanks girls :) I am a nervous wreck but she keeps both me and her daddy going, honestly she's so calm about all of this it's amazing :)

My mam bought short sleeve normal pj's and then realised about the buttons, said she'd cut them and velcro them so you have good ideas sillysocks!

• Advertisement

I only got the idea after trawling shops looking for shorts to go with my daughters red uniform and another mammy was saying she just cut her tracksuit bottoms up and wunderwebbed them so that got me thinking when I saw your post!
    I did a similar thing with velcro for our blackout blinds, love velcro cause I'm no use at sewing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

we often sell that 3 pack off shirts as pjs they are really soft and there is no stiffening in the collar.

there's a whole new range of pjs due into f-f in the next week so hopefully something will pop up.

I'm wishing you the best of luck and am sure it will all go well for your daughter.

Aldi are having another baby event Thursday 3rd July, a lot of the same stuff as last time. https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-3rd-july/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They have them in size 3 at a good price! They accept PayPal so they mustn't be dodgey!

They say they take Paypal- and I placed an order on that basis.
    I was to receive an invoice for payment- instead I got a phonecall, asking when I was at home for delivery- and advising it was cash-on-delivery. I cancelled the order on the spot.

Apparently they're down in Galway somewhere.

They say they take Paypal- and I placed an order on that basis.
    I was to receive an invoice for payment- instead I got a phonecall, asking when I was at home for delivery- and advising it was cash-on-delivery. I cancelled the order on the spot.

Apparently they're down in Galway somewhere.

Hmmm that's odd! I looked at their Facebook and have nearly 11,000 likes! I stumbled upon them ages ago(it could even be years ago) but never ordered from them. I actually wouldn't mind cash on delivery as you could check your order then pay?

Hmmm that's odd! I looked at their Facebook and have nearly 11,000 likes! I stumbled upon them ages ago(it could even be years ago) but never ordered from them. I actually wouldn't mind cash on delivery as you could check your order then pay?

I just saw they also sell baby formula, hipp organic hungry baby is €10.49 in tesco but only €8.66 with them http://www.buyersclub.ie/Browse-Shop/Baby-Child/hipp-organic-combiotic-hungry-infant-milk-2-from-birth-onwards-800g
    And 10% off coupon works on formula

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

My Niece had open heart surgery at 6 (it was her third time) and she's 9 now, absolutely flying it :) I hope you can say the same someday soon. We were always amazed by her resilience, they carry you through it. She never felt sorry for herself, was up shakily walking the corridor a few days after, I would still have been in bed expecting someone to feed me!

She only ever wore pyjama bottoms (pants or shorts) for the first few days after the operation. In the ICU its very warm so bottoms are enough and she'll have tubes and bandages that are more easily accessed and monitored with a bare chest. Basically the nurses don't have to bother her as much if she's topless. A light sleeveless vest (with the pyjama bottoms) was enough on the ward and a dressing gown for when she was up and around.

I'll be thinking of you xx

Essential packs of pampers baby dry and active fit are BOGOF €12.99 from tomorrow in tesco, not great value for big sizes but good for anyone with a baby in size 2. Large packs not BOGOF :(

Essential packs of pampers baby dry and active fit are BOGOF €12.99 from tomorrow in tesco, not great value for big sizes but good for anyone with a baby in size 2. Large packs not BOGOF :(

I wonder why the large packs aren't BOGOF... They usually are. I was hoping to stock up :(

I wonder why the large packs aren't BOGOF... They usually are. I was hoping to stock up :(

I don't know :( they are 2 for €26 until Monday 30/6. Maybe tesco will change their minds tomorrow and put them on BOGOF ? Tbh I am only using 1 or 2 pampers nappies per day as they seriously let me down when I was out and about last week! I am going to buy a box of Aldis to try on thurs in baby event

Or maybe it's because dunnes are doing essential packs half price ? I have a €1.50 off coupon for pampers from tesco I will just have to wait till next month ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement