Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Mills, Artane

• 15-02-2012 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with the Timber Mills apartments in Artane? I've searched here, and on neighbours.ie, but have come up with nothing. There seems to be a high number of apartments gone up for rent on Daft all at once. Looking at renting there, anyone have any opinions on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Balloonboy

Hey Coca :)

Yeah, I live here, and it's a nice spot... Handy access to Artane Shopping centre and has a creche in the complex..

It's also on a number of bus routes to the city centre and is a 10min walk to Killester Dart station..

If I can be of any other help give me a shout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Balloonboy

Coca - Coco even.... LOL :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Phillboy

Hey Lads,

Sorry to reply to a old post, but just putting this out there as a warning!!

Full of damp and water pumps fail in most of the blocks regularly (3 out of 7 days you wont have any hot water), also was in here for a while and majority of electricity bills exceeded 350euro as the wiring seems to be all over the place, the reason i mention this is because I lived in a 4 bedroom house before and electricity bills never went above 200euro (many conversations and rows with electriity supplier etc).

The area is ok though, and made many friends in the complex however nearly all have since moved out due to issues with the building as mentioned above.

Hope this gets noticed by anyone else who is querying the complex

P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lucabloom

Hi there, just looking at these responses regarding Timber Mills Complex, in Artane/Dublin 5, which are mixed -- could someone urgently get back to me regarding living at Timber Mills, aparments? Looking for an apartment in either Block B A or C there? Not liking to hear about dampness/no hot water 3/7 days a week and very high electricity bills ?? which of course the letting agents don't tell you! Very concerned to hear this negative feedback. Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

Sorry to raise an old question but has anyone got an update on the above. Are these still an issue ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

The last I heard of the place was there was an anti-social element that moved in. Some concerns of drug dealing were mentioned to me. The source seems credible but I don't have any direct knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Batgirlie

Hi, I'm looking for some information regarding Timber mills. I am looking at buying an apartment there. I rang thr management company and they would not tell me anything about the complex, what do the management fees cover? I seen in some posts that there are issues with dampness and no water. Have these issues been resolved? Also is there any social behaviour in this complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

Hello, can anyone say if the situation on Timbermills has improved recently? I have read about the increased dodgy neighbourhood situation, it may explain the prices as low as 150K for a two-bedroomed flat at the moment there! But I am going to view it some day next weekend, sucker I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mick20162.0

Hello all,

Just to clarify, I have lived in Timber Mills for 10 years (purchased the apt from original plans) and there is no such anti social behavior in the complex nor is there any drug dealings as mentioned.

There are issues with water ingress in some apartments and it is being rectified by the management company.

In relation to no hot water and faulty pumps, this sounds like an individual problem as I have had just one problem with my pump in the 10 years I have lived here and it happened about 2 years ago, I had a plumber call out and replace a part in the pump and it has been fine ever since.

I hope this clears the misinformation circulating and gives a true description of the complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭redbug

I'm going to revive this thread as I am thinking of buying an apartment in Timber Mills, what is the complex like? Has the management company resolved the water issue? Tx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 carlitos90

hey guys sorry for rise a old question .

but has anyone update about the situation in timber mills ... also about the area and the damps

thanks so much in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MilaM

The management company was on the ball, hired good surveyor/solicitor and managed to get the builder/insurance company to sort out the issues few years ago.

Re having hot water - this sounds like a tenant complain and landlord not looking after his property. This can happen anywhere

Near Malahide road you can get bus to town every few minutes and it's 15 minutes to the city. Short trip to town, airport, sea side. Very high demand for rentals! Few schools walking distance, caroseul nearby is bigger creche with better facilities than the one in the estate and also provides drop of and pick up from local schools. You have Tesco across, lidl nearby as well as gym, polo store is great for produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrs Happy

Hey there. I have been living in TM for a good few years now. The management company have really done a great job over the years improving the place. 2 years ago the building issues were sorted for the whole place, they recently put in new post boxes and intercom systems. they also brought in a fine €120 a number of years ago to anyone who makes noise and anti-social behaviour and this basically got rid of any bad tenants in the whole place. there is a caretaker onsite also that maintains the grounds.
    the area/location is great, i travel to the city each morning and it only takes about 20 mins at most because the malahide road has so many buses. shopping centre across the road also and others are nearby (northside shopping centre). great primary childrens school up the road in Beaumont also (St.Fiachras)

hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 me_only

Owner occupied living in block B:

- Kids are out of control here, from 1pm to 8pm they are screaming non stop as if you were in a Theme Park (groups of 8-10 kids ages from 5 to 8 yrs old unsupervised), destroying trees/ shrubs, littering everywhere, wrecking the place and disturbing the peace

Do not rent or buy between Apts. 150 and 120, there is where the brats are hanging out all the time and you won't be able to Work from Home, rest or relax

You are warned- think twice before renting/ buying in that specific part of the complex

The management company (CORE/ Benchmark) is well aware of that, in the past (over a year ago) they used to send emails reminding all residents that the comunal grounds are not a playground, but they don't seem to bother anymore

Out of 195 apts, 24 are under the social housing scheme managed by Tuath

• Registered Users Posts: 16 barnabyjones77

Owner occupied in Block D.

I like the place. The kids issue isn't near me so I havent noticed it. Certainly can't blame kids making noise, unless they're actively making trouble...
    Management company not great for communication, what can you expect I suppose.
    Good place for young people, great amenities, pubs shops etc.

me_only wrote: »
    Out of 195 apts, 24 are under the social housing scheme managed by Tuath

Thanks for saving me a viewing.

There is an element of social housing in lots of places. Good luck finding an apparent with an attitude like that.

There is an element of social housing in lots of places. Good luck finding an apparent with an attitude like that.

I have an attitude for wanting to avoid sinking six figures into this outcome:

"Kids are out of control here, from 1pm to 8pm they are screaming non stop as if you were in a Theme Park (groups of 8-10 kids ages from 5 to 8 yrs old unsupervised), destroying trees/ shrubs, littering everywhere, wrecking the place and disturbing the peace"

Yeah. It's my attitude.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thencamethen

"Kids are out of control here, from 1pm to 8pm they are screaming non stop as if you were in a Theme Park (groups of 8-10 kids ages from 5 to 8 yrs old unsupervised), destroying trees/ shrubs, littering everywhere, wrecking the place and disturbing the peace"

Yeah. It's my attitude.

It's not true what was written about the complex, saying as a timbermills apartment owner. I lived in parts of Dublin such as Ballsbridge, Dun Laoghaire etc and the level of noise/disturbance is actually less here. Pr
    obably someone is very sensitive or bought an apartment that's closer to creche.
    These apartments obviously are not luxury of anything, but for the price is still a great option closer to center.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

the funny thing is tuath have a well defined and enforced anti social behaviour policy
    https://www.tuathhousing.ie/?myh=anti-social-behaviour

yet it appears owner occupiers who let their kids run wild are not censured by the mgmt company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Jmc25

the funny thing is tuath have a well defined and enforced anti social behaviour policy
    https://www.tuathhousing.ie/?myh=anti-social-behaviour

yet it appears owner occupiers who let their kids run wild are not censured by the mgmt company?

Management companies really have no power in this regard other than writing letters. I've never heard of anyone being taken to court over a breach of the house rules, I'm sure such situations exist but they must be extremely rare and only occur for very serious breaches.

Where it's a tenant causing disturbance the management company might be able to annoy the landlord into dealing with the situation but when it comes to owner occupiers, in my experience, the management company have very very little power.

I'd actually hold out far more hope of the housing body or council dealing with a troublesome social tenant than a management company dealing with a troublesome owner occupier.

Yeah. It's my attitude.

That's not the message you originally replied to though is it? You stated you wouldn't bother viewing because of social housing.

Sounds like it's us that dodged a bullet, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fuds1

Hello, iv only found this thread today, and I’m also wondering what timber mills are like? And what is the policy on pets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dominlc

Hello guys,

Currently bidding on an apartment in the Timber mills complex. Just looking to see if anyone has any feedback or know of any issues here.

All help greatly appreciated :)

I've been here 18 months or so and I find it great. Excellent location, nice people for the most part. The management company arent great but seem to be improving. Would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chris74

same as dominlc interested in feedback please for block B in the 130s

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evilcurl

Glad for any update on Timber Mills. We're considering buying a place there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MadameC

Same if anyone has any update on Timber Mills its appreciated. @evilcurl did you end up buying there ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Timber Mills decent size apartments at the least the ones at the back. Also decent size terrace or even garden for an apartment I mean.

There were some renovations of the buildings few years back not sure how they got on after that.

Good spot with so many shops and buses available.

Living the life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Knew someone who lived there.

They're decent sized, and the location is great for busses, Artane Castle shopping centre, Beaumont Hospital etc., but you already know that.

Some of the ground floor apartments have an alright back garden. They're overlooked by upstairs' balcony, though. So depending on who lives above you, you can get cigarret buts/cans etc landing in your back garden. The walls are thin, so you'll hear people next door and upstairs. The person I know also had two separate instances of flooding caused by upstairs. I don't think they ever successfully got compensated by the culprits, and ended up having to pay for their own repairs.

There used to be a drug dealer around the back, who used to stash his gear in the ivy where the bins are. His clients would call to him to pay, then he'd send them over to pick it up behind the bins. You'd see them fumbling about with their phone torches looking for the stuff. It didn't cause any anti-social problems. As far as I know, he's gone now (in the Goodfellas sense).

Make sure you guard your parking spot.

Advertisement