Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

My God, this plane journey from Argentina to Germany is taking forever!! :P :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    My God, this plane journey from Argentina to Germany is taking forever!! :P :pac:

Sorry sorry sorry... No beer envolved (for once) replied too your pm this morning and totally forgot. Will accept you now sorry Modberto

Accepted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Seaneh wrote: »
    Sporting Lisbon applications now open Closing deadline : 21:00, 17th June

Club | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    Sporting | 2.8m | 47 | 89 | 219.9m | 4

Current Applications :

Manager | Current Club | Mgr Ranking | Avg Mgr Points | Total Mgr Pts | No. of Games
    Seaneh | Benfica | 35 | 2.10 | 191 | 91
    | | | | |

In an emotional and hastily organised press conference to address the issue of which side of Lisbon he will spend the rest of the season on, José Seaninho had this to say.

"Ever since I left Sporting they have been unfortunate with their choices of managers. The first came in and did ok but had to retire from the game for personal reasons. The second, well, I don't want to say anything about him as a person, but as a manager he was a disaster.

I had to watch while the team I built, a team of young players who I believe in, a team who should be playing in Division 2 this season, lurched from one humiliation to another and finished in the relegation zone in Division 3.

When the position of manager was advertised my heart jumped, I had a chance to go back and save them. They need a saviour, they need a man who can believe in their abilities, they need the man who built them into a great team.

I have built an exciting, attacking team here at Benfica, a team I believe should have got promoted last season but a dropping points at the end of the season meant we ended up in the play off lottery and in the end lost to a fantastic Villa team and manager.
    I believe that Benfica can go on to great things, but unfortunately, I won't be the one to take them there.

I have to follow my heart, I have to answer the call, I have to save Sporting Lisbon and bring them back to the heights we have reached together before.
    I will be dropping down 2 divisions, I have told the Chairman I want no wage for the following season and I only hope that the fans still have the love for me that I still have for them and the team and can welcome me back with open arms.
    This has been one of the easiest and also most difficult decisions I have ever made. Easy in that Sporting is my first love, difficult in that I believe Benfica are destined for greatness. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

I leave Benfica with the blessing of Luís Filipe Vieira and return to the warm embrace of Sporting thanks to the compassion of Bruno de Carvalho.

Benfica adeus e obrigado por tudo!

Sporting, my love, I'm coming home, and we are going to win the league together again!!!"

Genoa Manager Briano McDermotini had this to say about Seaninho's return to Sporting, "I was seconds away from singing Nainggolan, it was like Roy Keane to Blackburn all over again " said the Genoa manager, "but something was wrong, something did not feel right . . i knew the wrong man was in charge, i withdrew my bid and sure he was already on a plane to Rome" he continued, "i knew the special one would return one day and i wish him well with bringing Sporting back to the dizzy heights he once had them at".

We expect more of world football's leading lights to give their opinion of the return of "The Special One" to his "spiritual home" in Estádio José Alvalade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,977 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sporting Lisbon applications now open Closing deadline : 21:00, 17th June

Sporting | 2.8m | 47 | 89 | 219.9m | 4

Current Applications :

Manager | Current Club | Mgr Ranking | Avg Mgr Points | Total Mgr Pts | No. of Games
    Seaneh | Benfica | 35 | 2.10 | 191 | 91
    | | | | |

Closed,

Are you crossing the Lisbon divide?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sorry sorry sorry... No beer envolved (for once) replied too your pm this morning and totally forgot. Will accept you now sorry Modberto

Don't worry about it....I was just being cheeky!!! :P :pac:

Mac, I'm in my Limo waiting for directions to the signing ceremony, please don't leave me waiting too long :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mac, I'm in my Limo waiting for directions to the signing ceremony, please don't leave me waiting too long :P

wouldnt want to be in it too long meself :)

diy-limo.jpg

Is there any interest in my Estudiantes?? :(:(

In truth, I expected as much!! :D:D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Is there any interest in my Estudiantes?? :(:(

In truth, I expected as much!! :D:D

should the benfica search be started

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    should the benfica search be started

Should have started at 21.19 yesterday!

Benfica Applications now open Closing deadline : 15:00, 19th June

SL Benfica | 19.0m | 72 | 89 | 239.3m | 2

Current Applications :

| | | | |
    | | | | |

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I'll apply for Benfica please?..

Does this mean I gots it?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

pepper180 wrote: »
    Does this mean I gots it?!!

Wait till 9pm

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Wait till 9pm

It says it closes at 15:00!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

pepper180 wrote: »
    It says it closes at 15:00!!

Ah yes!
    You're the new manager i guess.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ah yes!
    You're the new manager i guess.

south-park-randy.jpg?w=623&h=460

Pepper, feel free to send unwanted players my way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Craig Greaves has angered the West Bromwich Albion fans by resigning from the club

West Brom also free lads.

• Advertisement

Just to let you know Mac, the former West Brom manager has applied for Portsmouth. Given that they were free for ages I can only assume it's safe for you to accept him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

The special one is making a rerurn:)

What clubs are free lads and what division are they in thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Take Sao Paulo! Just been relegated to Div 3, would love to see them do well!

Clubs Currently Available :

Team | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    West Bromwich Albion | 68.7m | 24| 87 | 117m | 3
    Estudiantes| 15.6m | 50 | 87 | 161.9m | 3
    Sao Paolo FC | 12.5m | 38 | 87 | 163.9m | 3
    Velez Sarsfield | 7.4m | 30 | 88 | 136.0m | 3
    Club America | 5.6m | 48 | 87 | 172.0m | 3
    Stuttgart | 1.0m | 38 | 88 | 194.9m | 3
    Palmeiras | 0.4m | 56 | 88 | 161.9m | 3
    Bordeaux | 21.1m | 27 | 87 | 130.8m | 4
    Los Angeles Galaxy | 18.2m | 30 | 87 | 120.1m | 4
    Standard Liege | 14.4m | 35 | 86 | 144.3m | 4
    Gremio | 6.3m | 38 | 87 | 144.3m | 4
    Panathinaikos | 4.8m | 34 | 87 | 141.0m | 4
    Chivas | 4.0m | 51 | 87 | 153.1m | 4
    Braga | 2.9m | 53 | 86 | 167.8m | 4

Estudiantes are a brilliant little team with a nice few young(ish) players. :D

Good too see you back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

But LA Galaxy have a bigger budget, and this young Rio Ferdinand fella. I hear he's fairly good.

He lied.

PBJ ....... not tempted out of self imposed exile yet? ;)

Ill take estuidantes so:)

How do I apply again I cant remember?:)

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Good too see you back

Thanks mac I thought it was time to hang up the boots but I was wrong :)

• Advertisement

Ill take estuidantes so:)

How do I apply again I cant remember?:)
    Dave dalton your sm Name ya?

Advertisement