Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**LC SPANISH 2014 All Levels Discussion**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

thought the dialogue was grand, opinion pieces could have been alot worse but the comprehensions were difficult enough. And the listening was harder than alot that I had practiced which is annoying because they usually bring me up a good bit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

Ya I'm finished now too. The listening was hard enough. There was an echo in my exam hall so that was annoying.
    I did the letter too because I had the vocab from technology on it learnt for the essay.
    The essay was OK too as we had done essays on stress and travel so those both fitted well.
    I did both the diary and the note and I also did the dialogue too. The diary was easier than the note I thought because I forgot what bullfight was.

Some of the translating and synonyms were hard I thought in the comprehensions.
    For example ganadería is 'cattle ranching' how are we meant to know that?
    I guessed it was farming.

I didn't do the note because i forgot the word for bullfighting also! We had to move to do our listening and the CD player was up so loud that it was muffled Sounding!
    I HATE dialouges so i didn't even look at that, but sure all in all i'm fairly happy and there's nothing we can change now anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kmac16

I was happy enough with the paper, although there were some words that I was unfamiliar with in the Section.B Long Comprehension. The dialogue was grand the only word I didn't know was "scholarship". I was very happy with the listening as I was expecting it to be much more difficult!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Beca came up in a listening a few years back. I've noticed a few words that turn up in listening comprehensions, later find their way into the dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Anyone wanna be a doll and post up some answers..? ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

aleatorio wrote: »
    Anyone wanna be a doll and post up some answers..? ;) :pac:

Answers to which questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Answers to which questions?

All of them ahaha

Dialogue:

Introduce yourself. Say that you are Irish and have just arrived in Spain. Say you are
    looking for a part-time job until the first of October.
    Buenos días, Me llamo _____. Soy de Irlanda y acabo de llegar a España. Estoy Buscando/ Busco un trabajo a tiempo parcial hasta el primero de octubre.

Say that you worked in a youth hostel. You had to serve breakfast and clear the tables.
    Sometimes you also had to answer the phone and take messages.
    Pues he trabajado en un albergue. Tenía que servir el desayuno cada mañana y quitar la mesa después. A veces tenía que responder el teléfono y tomar nota de los mensajes (coger mensajes)

Say that you have been studying Spanish for five years and find it easy. You speak English,
    of course, and understand a little French.
    Llevo cinco años estudiando Español y me resulta fácil. Hablo inglés, claro, y entiendo un poquito de francés

Say you can’t believe it! Work as a waiter/waitress is perfect for you. You are here on a
    scholarship and have to attend class from Monday to Friday.
    No lo creo - es fantastico. Trabajo como un camarero es perfecto para mí. Estoy aquí de escolaridad/beca y tengo que asistir a clase de lunes a viernes.

Say you don’t think that is a problem. Say that your friend can lend you a bicycle to get to
    and from work. Thank her for the job and ask how much you would be paid if you worked
    for 12 hours.
    No creo que SEA un problema. Mi amigo puede darme/prestarme una bici para ir a y volver del trabajo. Muchas gracias por el trabajo. ¿Cuánto dinero ganaría si trabajara 12 horas?

aleatorio wrote: »
    All of them ahaha

So I've done the dialogue I might type more in the morning but like I can't do all of them. I'm defo not typing out an opinion piece. I could do the note/diary. And maybe some of the comprehensions

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

By any chance is it possible that having an imperfect subjunctive in the same sentence as a wrongly conjugated conditional would cancel out the marks I'd lose for the wrong conditional? Really panicking about Spanish now. Normally one of my best subjects, but found yesterday's exam gut-wrenchingly difficult. In dire need of assurance!!! I can think of at least four mistakes (mainly spelling errors) I made in my opinion piece, and my content was absolutely ****e to be honest. I did the one about escaping routine, and wrote about why it's important for both physical and mental health, and then summed it up at the end with how it affected me this year in particular. Such rubbish. And how in the name of God were we meant to know the words for "cattle ranching" and "scholarship ?! Such a disappointing day overall. If you found the exam easy then good for you, but I messed it up so, so badly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

By any chance is it possible that having an imperfect subjunctive in the same sentence as a wrongly conjugated conditional would cancel out the marks I'd lose for the wrong conditional? Really panicking about Spanish now. Normally one of my best subjects, but found yesterday's exam gut-wrenchingly difficult. In dire need of assurance!!! I can think of at least four mistakes (mainly spelling errors) I made in my opinion piece, and my content was absolutely ****e to be honest. I did the one about escaping routine, and wrote about why it's important for both physical and mental health, and then summed it up at the end with how it affected me this year in particular. Such rubbish. And how in the name of God were we meant to know the words for "cattle ranching" and "scholarship ?! Such a disappointing day overall. If you found the exam easy then good for you, but I messed it up so, so badly.

Seems like everyone found it hard so they'll have to go very easy in the marking scheme. I wouldn't worry about it.

Advertisement