Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Foxhound...27 hour MilSim, June 21st

• 24-05-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

10385395_672625956142457_7653270109349487366_n.jpg
    Ticket release: Wednesday 28th May
    Ticket price: €60

Arrive from: 18:00 Friday 20th June
    Sign in Friday: 21:00 - 22.00
    Sign in Saturday: 09:00 - 11.00
    Safety and Rules brief: 11:15
    Deployment: 12:00
    Endex: Sunday 22nd June 15:00

Background:

In late 2013 the Manitobian army led a successful coup d'etat to overthrow the oppressive far right regime of former dictator Gustav Merlingo. After a group of soldiers loyal to General Pantos marched alongside the civilian population to government buildings, forces loyal to Merlingo stood down and refused to open fire or oppress the revolution. In just a matter of weeks the Merlingo regime was toppled. After a decade of oppression the new regime governed by military generals, promised to return a fair share of the country’s wealth and resources to the people.

One of the first acts of international tension came when the new government decided to cut all ties with western multinationals who they believed had been taking advantage of Manitobias rich oil and natural gas deposits. General Pantos declared that ‘the capitalistic nature of the west would no longer leech the blood from the Manitobian people’.

In the months that followed Pantos increased military spending and paid particular attention to the strengthening and improving of the special operations element of the Manitobian army known as Grupo de Acciones Especiales (Special Actions Group or SAG). Pantos made sure that SAG commandos were provided with the best gear available and made an emphasis on counterinsurgency and unconventional warfare tactics as he believed these skills would be detriment to the protection and stability of the new state.

On June 17th 2014 Manitobian Special Operations Command (MSOC) obtained advanced information that a black operations group of unknown origin was on route to cross the border into Manitobia. This unit has been codenamed Black Tango. MSOC have green lighted SAG for insertion into the area and SAG command are readying vehicle support for immediate action.

More info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IXGkAP56fS-
    3N189aQDu45Jb_cXDg7E1rc5G1npEaRw
    /edit?usp=sharing

Milsim Rules
    http://airsoft.bellurganpark.ie/milsim-rules/

Site Rules
    http://airsoft.bellurganpark.ie/info/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

How are bookings being taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Borderlands

Deposits are taken through paypal CpcRc. We have a limited number of places available so it is a first come first serve basis. Any other questions I will be happy to answer. Probably should have had that info on the original post anyway!

Whose PayPal? Is it bellurgan or someone else? So to book a place do we pm someone and then send PayPal payment?
    The only event I had to book before was rionegro last year but i won't be going this year and I would like a milsim this summer and this one looks good.

A deposit of €30 is required to secure your place. This deposit can be made payable to the Bellurgan Park site owners Paypal account tomorrow at 8pm sharp.

After you complete your paypal transaction you will then have to fill out a short registration form which will be posted up here as well as on our facebook page and you will then be confirmed as 'booked in' on our system.

We have some great plans for this one alright so you wont be disappointed ;)

If ye post up all the details tomorrow like the paypal email address and stuff I'll send it through.

• Advertisement

All details will be posted here at 8pm man. Cheers.

Booking's now live via our website link here - http://airsoft.bellurganpark.ie/events/

We will be implementing some new MilSim medic rules for this one. Please make sure you are up to date with all the rules as well as some more subtle changes. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as an excuse for breaking them. Rules can be found here - http://airsoft.bellurganpark.ie/milsim-rules/

Event patch previews - 10398050_674288959309490_9149390292421354913_n.jpg10277476_674289029309483_2248163337093976034_n.jpg

Thanks.

Umm, for some reason your website link was overwritten to be to one of the patch images. Working link to events page is here

Edit: Nvm, looks like ye saw it

Submitted the pre-booking. I choose rifleman as preferred role, but don't mind taking either of the others on the day if needs be.

Due to multiple requests and some players not able to attend we have changed the timings from a 27 hour to a 12 hour event. The premise of the game will still be the same and we can guarantee you will still get the full MilSim experience. We will then have a BBQ and beers around our new sign in shed and fire pit into the early hours for those who wish to stay for the craic and banter. Game fee will be reduced to €30 for the event. Hope to see you all there. Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Whats the new start and end time.
    Is there any rules on what uniform we can wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

mooneyd wrote: »

Saturday 12:00 to 23:59, just posted on the FB page.

One can only hope. This berets v helmets v shemaghs v baseball caps headgear drives me up the wall. Just pick green-ish v tan-ish colours and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

OzCam wrote: »
    One can only hope. This berets v helmets v shemaghs v baseball caps headgear drives me up the wall. Just pick green-ish v tan-ish colours and be done with it.

There is a good reason for this, its the cost of head gear Vs. having to buy a new uniform for events, so while not everyone likes this rule, its smart as the worst case is having to buy head gear

I'm a fan of this simple rule :)

mooneyd wrote: »

Arrive from: 18:00 Friday 20th June

Sign in open: Friday 21:00
    Sign in re-opens: Saturday 08.30
    Sign in closes: 11.00

Chronograph open: Saturday 09:00
    Chronograph closes: 11:00

Safety and Rules brief: 11:15
    Faction Assembly: 11:30
    Faction Briefings: 11:45
    Deployment: 12:00

Endex: Sunday 22nd June 00.01

I thought you said you were starting to come around to it after the last event? ;)

Heres a link to uniform requirements, back ground story and other relevant info - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IXGkAP56fS-3N189aQDu45Jb_cXDg7E1rc5G1npEaRw/edit?usp=sharing

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    There is a good reason for this, its the cost of head gear Vs. having to buy a new uniform for events, so while not everyone likes this rule, its smart as the worst case is having to buy head gear

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. That's fine for beginners, but it doesn't wash for MilSim. If you can buy two bags of BBs you can buy a uniform.

And you don't have to be a pattern whore like me, just the one will do you :)

As for the last event, I had a great time. I fcuking love science Bellurgan. But I always end up getting shot first because I can't make out what the other person is wearing and whether I'm supposed to shoot them today or not. So I just try to go with it and have the best day possible. I'd still like it changed. Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. That's fine for beginners, but it doesn't wash for MilSim. If you can buy two bags of BBs you can buy a uniform.

And you don't have to be a pattern whore like me, just the one will do you :)

As for the last event, I had a great time. I fcuking love science Bellurgan. But I always end up getting shot first because I can't make out what the other person is wearing and whether I'm supposed to shoot them today or not. So I just try to go with it and have the best day possible. I'd still like it changed. Just my 2c.

This is Airsoft, people wear the BDU/Uniform they like/want to wear and MilSim or not, no one (myself included) is happy to be told otherwise ;)

Also, how will just one set do, as there are many events and each has its own set of rules, with varied BDU/Uniform requirements

My advised about getting shot first is to play more CQB/FIBUA, this will greatly improve target acquisition and reaction time :)

Hey guys, I have contacted ye on facebook on getting my deposit back as I am no longer going. My first message was sent sunday and seen but I got no reply. I sent another message last night.

• Advertisement

We were working all weekend. Have replied to you via facebook now CpcRc. Apologies for the delay. Mark.

Wear something Tan or wear something Green. How hard can it be?
    S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    My advised about getting shot first is to play more CQB/FIBUA, this will greatly improve target acquisition and reaction time :)

Hmmm. I don't seem to have any problems with FIBUA in Sennybridge, Copehill or Eastmere. Perhaps it's the light.

Anyway, sorry to BPA for hijacking the thread. Out.

Advertisement