Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I wouldn't believe google results in relation to US radar capabilities for a start.

Secondly, Myanmar, Bangladesh, will not advertise military radar capabilities. Civilian aircraft tracking, certainly, but other than that, no country will openly reveal their military capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Actually sopretty, I refer to that in my earlier long post, with links to articles.
    Myanmar look like they didn't mind letting out word that they were upgrading their defence systems a while ago, judging by a flurry of articles about that. A lot of posturing of course, is part of that.
    Which would only serve to convince me a little more, that if an area over there is weak as regards radar, they would be very reluctant to admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Actually sopretty, I refer to that in my earlier long post, with links to articles.
    Myanmar look like they didn't mind letting out word that they were upgrading their defence systems a while ago, judging by a flurry of articles about that.
    Which would only serve to convince me a little more, that if an area over there is weak as regards radar, they would be very reluctant to admit it.

Likewise, countries with radar capabilities where perhaps they should not, are not going to admit anything either. I don't think the issue here is about exposing weaknesses. I think the issue is that no country wants to reveal their hand of cards at all. It's understandable. If you're spying on certain areas, 239 lives, crude and all as it sounds, is not reason enough to fully reveal your capabilities. I don't like it. But I think we'd be a little silly to believe that every country in that area has shown their cards. They couldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

sopretty wrote: »
    Likewise, countries with radar capabilities where perhaps they should not, are not going to admit anything either. I don't think the issue here is about exposing weaknesses. I think the issue is that no country wants to reveal their hand of cards at all. It's understandable. If you're spying on certain areas, 239 lives, crude and all as it sounds, is not reason enough to fully reveal your capabilities. I don't like it. But I think we'd be a little silly to believe that every country in that area has shown their cards. They couldn't.
    Which means that all the "isnt it awful" crap on the news is just that. Because at the top levels there are people that know exactly where the plane went but aren't saying anything to us due to showing their hand.
    That makes all the news outlets look pathetic in my eyes. They prob dont know and only relay what they're told so are immune from ridicule to some extent but still. Someone knows and arent talking. Thats becoming increasingly obvious to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

What if the ferry that sunk a few weeks ago actually hit the wreckage of this plane causing It to become damaged ?

• Advertisement

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    What if the ferry that sunk a few weeks ago actually hit the wreckage of this plane causing It to become damaged ?
    Not possible. I saw its underside and it looked clean.

And planes are made of aluminium. Ships are made of steel. Anything floating is going to be light. Lighter than a few cm of solid steel.

I must admit it crossed my mind too... but I quickly dismissed it, as very very improbable.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/23036893/exploration-company-believes-it-may-have-found-mh370/
    An Adelaide-based exploration company believes it may have located the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, 5000km away from where authorities have been looking.

That would rubbish the arcs and the pings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

How many c0ck-ups can one single event have until some people start to think theres something not right here?

Malaysia Airlines Plane MH370: Relatives Claim 'Giant Cover-Up' Following 'Ping' Revelation

Grief-stricken loved ones of passengers on missing flight MH370 have accused the authorities of "a giant cover-up" after they admitted the plane is not in the southern Indian Ocean.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-plane-mh370-relatives-claim-giant-cover-170858887.html#g5xUIlo

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: search delayed as 'pings' found to be red herring
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10861947/Malaysia-Airlines-Flight-MH370-search-delayed-as-pings-found-to-be-red-herring.html
    Missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370: Officials confirm Indian Ocean search area is not final resting place of lost plane.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-officials-confirm-indian-ocean-search-area-is-not-final-resting-place-of-lost-plane-9450209.html
    Flight MH370: 17 conspiracy theories after Australians say plane is NOT in Indian Ocean search area

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-mh370-17-conspiracy-theories-3620032#ixzz339UyI3cP

Yeah, it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. I don't think anyone would be surprised or shocked to learn inmarsat data was wrong or misinterpreted, or,meaningless too at this stage. I personnally think the Northern Arc was dismissed too soon, deliberately or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

seal57 wrote: »
    Malaysian authorities now saying their Military Radar they picked up the plane, although they are not saying for how long they tracked it. As for other Countries radar, a lot of the them are down 1/2 the time or not watched closely. All it takes is someone to fall asleep, happens all the time in the middle of the night in that area, but they will never admit it.

As far as stowaways, I believe there were a couple on this plane, probably from ground personnel, like food, fueling, cleaning, baggage services. They were in the electronics bay most likely and they had help from a couple of "passengers" once airborne. As for entry into the cockpit, with a a few hijackers on board, they would have probably had the tools or a small localized explosive charge to blow the lock open or they just waited until one of the pilots opened the door. They could have had a flight attendant ask for the captain to come out too. The hijackers flew the plane either west or north. Plane very easily could have made SW Iran.

I believe that The plane is not in the water, but we shall see eventually.

I believe that the plane is also not 'lost in the water' but there is either some very sensitive hijack negotiation going on here or else it crashed due to poor maintenance or was shot down controversially and no one is saying. Only thing is where could it go to? The options if it was hijacked:

China: definitely not. They would risk being shot down or even if they made it through, captured. China knows all about defence of its borders and airspace. They were heading to China anyway and even if foolish enough to try anything in China, they'd run the course of their flight to Beijing and then do whatever they planned.

Malaysia: Hardly, as they wouldn't even have to fly! They were there!

Japan, South Korea: ditto what I said about China. Plus US army there too.

North Korea: It is a distinct small possibility but definitely not at random. Kim would shoot them down! However, something preplanned with the Kims is possible. But unlikely.

India, Burma, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives: None of these look remotely likely to be destinations for hijackers.

Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Philippines, Indonesia: Not likely to be hijack targets or destinations either.

Iran: you mention it above but in my view very unlikely for many reasons. Contrary to popular belief, Iran has no truck with international Islamic or other terrorists. SW Iran is called Baluchistan and the Iranian authorities are fighting terrorists there themselves. Iran would be a very risky place for hijackers to go and would certainly be shot out of the sky. Also, Iran's new government want to show to the world they are on their best behaviour and are more interested in undoing a lot of their own problems caused by the last government.

Arab countries: ditto as for Iran. Plus they are too far away.

Russia: ditto as for China. Only a fool would attempt to land a hijacked plane in Russia or any of the former USSR.

That leaves two countries: Afghanistan and Pakistan. Both are possible.. Areas of both are completely left to their own devices. Still, though, Pakistan's authorities at least would know and would not allow it in just like the others. But Afghanistan is another story.

So, if the plane was hijacked, Afghanistan would be the best place to go as there is very little central government. Somalia would be better but too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

I've not seen much in the media about MH370 in the past month until we have another MA flight in trouble. I recall one of the competing theories was that MH370 was taken to be reused as a false flag event to justify some resulting action.

I'm struggling with the rather low probability that MA could have two major air disasters in short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

so strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I recall one of the competing theories was that MH370 was taken to be reused as a false flag event to justify some resulting action.

And then what happened to the airplane that was supposedly shot down? Keeping that for next month's false flag? Yeah makes perfect sense...

And while the plane got shot down some pricks suddenly started shelling the feck out of some other eejits whose land they took. It looked like a well organised operation too. Which begs the question; what were they waiting for? Some random major event to distract us so they could do their usual dirty work? Naaa....that only happens in the movies!

This nonsense will come home to roost. Mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Perseverance The Second

I see that an aeronautical engineer is claiming that the plane has gone down 2,000km west of Perth, Western Australia.

I would still put my money on the plane having been shot down by US forces.

Advertisement