Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 27th May 21:00 STCOLM The Full Irish

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

well done boys, what was the team?

last season we went on a run of about 10 wins after our only defeat before we won the league, we will need something similar now

Ballally won 1-0 :(

Keith
    Damo Derek SteMc Jules
    Darren Ciaran
    Cill Dave Kings
    DerekMcL

New fella called Julius played LW second half.

it was 0-0 at half time, then Kings played through to Derek who touched around the keeper who had come charging out and finished into the empty net from 20+ yards

Julius played Derek in from the left, Derek was brought down and scored the penalty

Then Derek did some kind of magic for the third goal, and his hat trick, he was facing away from goal near the 18 yard line, then kicked the ball over his head into the goal.

They got one back, then Ciaran scored a header from beyond the far post from a Darren Corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Keith
    Damo Derek SteMc Jules
    Darren Ciaran
    Cill Dave Kings
    DerekMcL

very strong team, great to see Ciaran an Dave back, weve missed them badly last few weeks.

9 of that team were heavily involved towards the end of the season last time out, so hopefully we will see a bit of consistency back now in terms of starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Good win lads, and well done on the hat trick Derek. If we're to build momentum is important to flag well in advance if we'll be unavailable for an upcoming match so alternative players can be found

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I know I said it to you last night Des but I'm away next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Frisbee wrote: »

im away also next week, hopefully the injury has cleared up by the time i am back in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

im away also next week, hopefully the injury has cleared up by the time i am back in 2 weeks.

you're suspended next week!

Clay is in anyway.

Think I'll start the match thread now and get some texts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Frisbee wrote: »

How was the knee last night mate seen ya had some kind of support on it but it didn't look the most stable of supports

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah cheers the physio recommended it to me, I'm not really sure how it could work either tbh because, as you say, it doesn't really seem to support a whole lot as it sits under the knee.

Knee was grand though. Whether it was because of that or just the week of rest I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Think that's what you'd call a professional performance: we didn't quite click into top gear at any point, but we stayed calm, rarely looked like conceding, kept making chances and were then pretty clinical in taking them in the 2nd half. Great to get the momentum back going with 3 points right away.

Agree with Damo's call-out that our centre-halves gave us a very solid base, and our wingers really put their fullbacks under pressure (great to see no ill effects with the knee for Cillian) and Derek's finishing was critical and there were also a few very nice selfless assists from CM and attackers that could have led to another goal or two.

Have to commend Full Irish for playing nice passing football, they often looked to build from defence and did it well in first half. Think in the 2nd half we pressed up harder and put their defenders under more pressure on the ball and that meant we recovered possession earlier, and often that gave us quality possession in their half. Good thing to keep in mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Old Dave - In

How old is he?:D

Thought the move into midfield at halftime was instrumental in him getting on the ball much more and being hugely effective. Also last week, goals conceded from corners cost the game. This week the opening goal was scored from clearing a corner and breaking out.

I would say though that it could very easily have been closer in the late stages, they missed almost an open goal hitting the post at 3-1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Had it covered Daryl...

Advertisement