Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***MatchThread*** 27th May 21:00 STCOLM The Full Irish

• 26-05-2014 10:17am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Big game needed here and we need get 3 points.

Cathal - Away
    Ciaran - In
    Cillian - In
    Conor - Out
    Damo - In
    Darren
    Derek - In
    Derek McL - In
    Ed
    Jules - In
    Keith - In
    Kings
    SteK - In
    SteMcd - Maybe

Julian - New player

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

In
    We got a keeper?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mousewar wrote: »
    In
    We got a keeper?

Presume Liam, but not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

I am inn, Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

Knee feels ok. My other team has 15 tonight so said I'd only play last ten or so to see how it feels after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

probably in, i'll confirm tomorrow.

keaner's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

away this week lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

best of luck lads, this is a game we need to be winning and should be winning.

ill be out again next week also by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In

Advantage of late kick-off is it's easier to get there in plenty of time. Let's all try get there early to allow time for decent warm-up so we start on the front foot and also to allow time to close out on discussions from last week and ensure we're all clear on what we need to do and how we're going to go about it.

• Advertisement

Only 8 confirmed so far by the looks of things? Assuming Ste M, Derek & Kings are all good that's only eleven again and with no keeper.

Do we need to try grab one or two other bodies in case any of those above 3 aren't around?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Haven't heard from Des, but I've a guy in work who can likely play if we need him

Dave from last season was onto me and should also be able to make it.

Dave from last season was onto me and should also be able to make it.

Awesome.
    I think Des mentioned last week that Conor should be up tonight.

Cathal - Away
    Ciaran - In
    Cillian - In
    Conor - Out
    Damo - In
    Darren- In
    Derek - In
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - Out
    Jules - In
    Keith - In
    Kings - In
    SteK - In
    SteMcd - in
    Old Dave - In

Julian - New player

SteMcD1 wrote: »
    probably in, i'll confirm tomorrow.

keaner's in.

You in Ste?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

yeah im in.

oh goody, no conor or murtagh. wonder where i'll be playing...

Bench!

Bench!

What is this 'bench' you speak of?

Frisbee wrote: »
    What is this 'bench' you speak of?

its where we have our ghost players...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

Guys I'm gna be struggling to make this at all, only getting to leave cork I'd say in the next hour-6 latest , so best to count me out , will do my best to make it , but that would prob be too late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

we need a keeper

we need a keeper

this guys available...
    packie-bonner.bmp

Keaner wrote: »
    Guys I'm gna be struggling to make this at all, only getting to leave cork I'd say in the next hour-6 latest , so best to count me out , will do my best to make it , but that would prob be too late

Should be grand if you leave Cork at 6pm, 2.5hrs tops. You got gear with you or could Derek/Kings/Ste bring gear for you? I'm size 10 can bring spare boots,shorts & socks if you need.

we need a keeper

SteMcD seems eager to avoid playing centre-back!

Keaner wrote: »

ah you'll be grand to make it only takes 2.5 hours to get back to the big smoke..

Good win, not vintage but we ground out the 3 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Harsh imo, no team ever "ground out" a 4-1 win.

We were clinical when it mattered, played for each other and got the job done.

Got to call out DerekMcL imo, after a very decent hat-trick. 12 for the season is excellent going so far. I'll post a revised target tomorrow.

Good to see Dave there to give us a hand too.

I frickin called that hat-trick...well done Derek.

Great result. Just so important to get the 3 points. We played well enough in patches to do what we needed. Team has chopped and changed a lot the last few weeks out of necessity so it's no surprise that some of those intricate passes going forwards weren't coming off. I'm sure it'll get better as the line-up settles.

Thought the two centre-halfs had a great game - dealt very well with a tricky forward.

I'm away next week. Good luck with that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well done boys, what was the team?

last season we went on a run of about 10 wins after our only defeat before we won the league, we will need something similar now

Ballally won 1-0 :(

Advertisement