Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap your old gear here. READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

• 15-01-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

This thread is to swap any gear which you lying around gathering dust.

The rules are clearly laid out below:

This thread is to swap angling gear only

In addition to these rules the normal Angling forum charter also applies

To use this thread you must have a minimum of 50 posts on boards.ie

You may post an item which is for sale rather than trade provided you have a link to ADVERTS.IE

Boards.ie takes no responsibility for any loss incurred by anyone using this thread to trade

No general discussion outside of question and answers regarding items posted

When posting try to include as much details as possible as to what you want to swap and its condition. Include photos if you wish. Also give an indication of what you would like in return.

No posting personal details

Breaching these rules will result warning (1st), infraction (2nd), one month ban (3rd) and permaban from Angling (4th) respectively

This list is not exhaustive and moderators may interject if something occurs which goes against the good nature of the forum.

Useful link : Postage Rates by weight

Happy Swapping :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Firstly, thanks to seafields for sorting this thread.

I am a fly angler foremost, so if anyones looking to offload some fly gear message me.

Also, i have a few bits of coarse fishing equiptment, some beachcasting gear, and some spinning gear that i am willing to swap for fly gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I've a tackle box full of flies that I won't be using if you've got any pile lures I'd be willing to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I have one wynchwood 10ft 6/7 wt and a Ron Thompson 9ft 6wt 2 cheapish reels maybe a third cheap fly rod all trout with the tube for storing them in , have good few flies for trout and rainbows would be looking to trade up towards some salmon fly gear if anyone has any interest can provide pics etc

I've a tackle box full of flies that I won't be using if you've got any pile lures I'd be willing to swap

im sure i have a few pike lures in d garage, some big rapalas, plugs, soft plastics.... Id b up for a swap ya.

popsy09 wrote: »
    I have one wynchwood 10ft 6/7 wt and a Ron Thompson 9ft 6wt 2 cheapish reels maybe a third cheap fly rod all trout with the tube for storing them in , have good few flies for trout and rainbows would be looking to trade up towards some salmon fly gear if anyone has any interest can provide pics etc

I have a spare box of about 20 brand new salmon flies, never used.

• Advertisement

I have a spare box of about 20 brand new salmon flies, never used.

What ya want for em ha ha could send ya a pm tonight with all my trout flies I say there mostly lake flies

popsy09 wrote: »
    What ya want for em ha ha could send ya a pm tonight with all my trout flies I say there mostly lake flies

sure pm me an offer of swap, i tie flies so i havent a massive demand for em but sure ill c wat ya have.

sure pm me an offer of swap, i tie flies so i havent a massive demand for em but sure ill c wat ya have.

I would be interested in off loading the Ron Thompson rod if we could sort something

I have a share of pike lures ya, be willing to swap.

Anyone interest In sea gear ? Have a 3.9m power surf rod 3 piece with a daiwa reel bit of an impulse buy last year never got into it

Good quality not a cheap woddies rod and reel

Looking for salmon Gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I have a share of pike lures ya, be willing to swap.

Yeah mate I'd be interested in it. Il upload a pic of what I have there

Yeah mate I'd be interested in it. Il upload a pic of what I have there

sure pm me a pic, i dont have a whole pile looking here but whats here is brand new.

http://www.adverts.ie/fishing/beach-caster-fishing-rod-and-reel-wychwood-trout-fly-fishing-rod/4634016

that is what i have for trade now along with another 9 ft fly rod if anyone is interested im looking for a 13ft salmon rod said id try sell/trade before i go off buying new

ignore prices i didnt want low ball offers on adverts

MOD SNIP As per the mod instruction, this thread is for swapping gear only.

Just looked through my stuff there,

Have a fladen beachcaster,

Shakepere beachcaster and reel

Diawa emcast evo reel

Old mitchell beachcasting reel (distance caster)

Loads of 2/0 hooks

Zebco coarse rod

Zebco baitrunner

new telescopic landing net

Some carp tackle

Loads of floats

Silstar #6 fly rod

Irish crystal fly rod #6

Probably more stuff around that i cant see,

Im a fly angler so willing to swap any of above for fly angling related stuff. Pm me or reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I have a brand new, still boxed never had line on it, daiwa ballistic 3000H reel! Open to offers! Be interested in any pike gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Just looked through my stuff there,

Have a fladen beachcaster,

Shakepere beachcaster and reel

Diawa emcast evo reel

Old mitchell beachcasting reel (distance caster)

Loads of 2/0 hooks

Zebco coarse rod

Zebco baitrunner

new telescopic landing net

Some carp tackle

Loads of floats

Silstar #6 fly rod

Irish crystal fly rod #6

Probably more stuff around that i cant see,

Im a fly angler so willing to swap any of above for fly angling related stuff. Pm me or reply here.

Hi there i have a fly rod reel and a box of 40 flys that im sure havent been used dont do fly fishing so id be willing to trade for other gear sea fishing or course fishing stuff?

Seller159 wrote: »
    Hi there i have a fly rod reel and a box of 40 flys that im sure havent been used dont do fly fishing so id be willing to trade for other gear sea fishing or course fishing stuff?

ya sure, what kind of rod and reel is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

ya sure, what kind of rod and reel is it??

Rod and reel are both diplomat ill add a pic below :)

Seller159 wrote: »
    Rod and reel are both diplomat ill add a pic below :)

pm sent

• Advertisement

Pics

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭strangles

24 different pike lures lads,willing to swap for fly fishing gear.....

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Shimano Alivio Carp Rod 12ft 2.75tc Looking to swap for a 2lb or 2.5lb test curve carp rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭strangles

strangles wrote: »
    24 different pike lures lads,willing to swap for fly fishing gear.....
    Would also swap these for good quality spinning reel......

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

Hi lads hope I'm in the right section and mods if I'm not I'm sorry and ease point me in the right direction :). I have a massive collection of rods and reels and other equipment that belonged to my dad unfortunately his health deteriorated over the years and he stopped fishing. All his stuff would be of high end gear as he wasn't one to skimp on equipment and I'm wondering would it be okay to sell it here ? My only concern is the stuff would be 10-15 years old . Would this make it obsolete ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

A lot of my gear is over 10 years old.

Quality equipment will last the test of time.

My 40 year old Abu 7000 proves that

Sparks43 wrote: »
    A lot of my gear is over 10 years old.

Quality equipment will last the test of time.

My 40 year old Abu 7000 proves that

Ah that's good to know sparks thank you for the info the majority was bought from Rory's in temple bar and from Dave mckeown in southside angling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

chefwes wrote: »
    I'm wondering would it be okay to sell it here ?

MOD You can post details here if you intend on selling it only if you have a link to adverts.ie as per the OP in this thread. Cheers

SeaFields wrote: »
    MOD You can post details here if you intend on selling it only if you have a link to adverts.ie as per the OP in this thread. Cheers

Great stuff thank you for the advice

• Advertisement

chefwes wrote: »
    Great stuff thank you for the advice

http://adverts.ie/5578363 hilasa as I was advised by mod to post a link to the items for sale thanks in advance for looking

Advertisement