Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel and Betting Analysis

• 20-05-2014 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Who here uses excel or similar software to track their bets, success rates, loss totals, etc and how?

Interested to know if anyone here uses spreadsheets to analyse their betting or if there is specific betting software available to analyse betting pattern, habits, systems?

Thanks for your inputs, interested to know!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Pinnacle gives you your betting turnover and profit, can narrow down by weekly monthly etc.
    I also write down all my bets on paper, not too good at the auld computer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I do almost all my betting on Betfair, some on Paddy Power. I tend to bet infrequently, but larger single bets (for me), and at very high odds. I find you get more back when the odds are big. :)

A few years back I e-mailed both of the above and got a full history covering 6/7 years. It was profitable, and it has been since, so I don't bother getting downloads.

Most of my bets are on the US Masters, British Open, English Oaks, English Derby, Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, and soccer World Cup. I have a few small interest bets occasionally. I never bet on jump racing, American sports, soccer, rugby, tennis. I like long time-frame markets where you can bet and then lay.

If I was betting regularly and keeping records I think it would take away time from what I do, which is entering horse pedigrees into a database, and analysing pedigrees.

Advertisement