Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compulsive Gambling

Options
  • 15-05-2014 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I am a compulsive gambler in my late 20s and have decided to write about my experiences of gambling in order to help others to understand addiction. My blog will be therapeutic in its nature for me too, as I am finding it is only through expressing myself, and discussing my addiction, that I can abstain from gambling, on a daily basis
    Please feel free to read. I will be updating it regularly.

failedgambler.wordpress.com

Regards,

FailedGambler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Hi,

I am a compulsive gambler in my late 20s and have decided to write about my experiences of gambling in order to help others to understand addiction. My blog will be therapeutic in its nature for me too, as I am finding it is only through expressing myself, and discussing my addiction, that I can abstain from gambling, on a daily basis
    Please feel free to read. I will be updating it regularly.

failedgambler.wordpress.com

Regards,

FailedGambler

You've taken the first and most important step on what will probably be a difficult but rewarding journey. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Fair play OP. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 failedgambler

Thanks, been adding to the blog over last few days. Im finding it very therapeutic to write, as it allows me to declutter my mind around the whole thing

failedgambler.wordpress.com is no longer available.

The authors have deleted this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thecraicaddict

I have also struggled with gambling for the last five years, and am aged 23. I am currently reading a book called allen carrs how to stop gambling. I find that it has some very interesting points in it. I have personally decided that I will never again gamble from today, I am confident I'll manage this, however, it must be the 50th time I've made this decision now haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

You can go in and self exclude yourself from the bookies. It should help

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dzeano

Can't find OP's blog, taken down? At the moment I'm doing a postgrad thesis in DCU on problem gambling and gambling ads in particular - email me at dzeano(at)gmail.com if you think you would like to contribute to an article I'm writing about the subject and I can tell you more about it. GL to OP also

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

I see the blog is deleted :(

Is the OP still around?

Advertisement