Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gun

Options
  • 19-05-2014 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all :) just only getting into airsoft now, leaving paintballing as its getting abit too expensive

Just wondering as to your opinions on a first gun.

I was thinking a CYMA CM028 would be a good started , but not sure as to if its legal or not, would this gun be a good choice ?

thank you for your time :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Hi all :) just only getting into airsoft now, leaving paintballing as its getting abit too expensive

Just wondering as to your opinions on a first gun.

I was thinking a CYMA CM028 would be a good started , but not sure as to if its legal or not, would this gun be a good choice ?

thank you for your time :)

Welcome to Airsoft, the last stop for your wallet ;)

Also, CYMA make good AK's, I've had one, it never gave me any trouble and was fun to use, many Airsofters can say the same

On the legal side of things, as long as the RIF (Real Imitation Firearm) you choose fires on or under the 328fps / 1 Joule limit using .20g plastic BB's, it should be legal for Airsoft use in Ireland

If the CYMA CM028 is a good choice or not depends on your personal preference, so if you are not sure?

Then visit Airsoft shops, get a feel for which RIF you want and would suit you, then pick what you like most and its always good to try before you buy, so with this in mind, try an Airsoft game and rent first

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Buy an M4 variant. Your airsoft gun will break and everyone and their Mam has an M4. Parts are easy to source and are stocked in every Airsoft shop in the country. They're pretty much the go-to platform for an AEG.

I would recommend a G&G Raider L as your first AEG. Reasonable price and great quality and performance. Avoid the Chineese clones (Such as DBOYS, JG which are copies of other AEG brands) and avoid the high-end brands such as VFC as they're slightly mroe expensive especially if you're only getting started.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gezgblack70

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »

On the legal side of things, as long as the RIF (Real Imitation Firearm) you choose fires on or under the 328fps / 1 Joule limit using .20g plastic BB's, it should be legal for Airsoft use in Ireland

Hope this helps :)

Thank you both for your replies , they are appreciated :)
    I have had a thing for the AK since I tried one at an airsoft shop days ago , therefore i think it will be perfect for me.
    I just had one more little question about the legal fps and what not. In the guns description it says "350-400FPS w/20g BB". This makes it illegal as you said "under the 328fps / 1 Joule limit using .20g" , am I right on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Thank you both for your replies , they are appreciated :)
    I have had a thing for the AK since I tried one at an airsoft shop days ago , therefore i think it will be perfect for me.
    I just had one more little question about the legal fps and what not. In the guns description it says "350-400FPS w/20g BB". This makes it illegal as you said "under the 328fps / 1 Joule limit using .20g" , am I right on this ?

If the RIF you are describing was chronographed with .20g BB's, then yes, it would be illegal to use here

Also, here is the AK you want, in stock and in Ireland: http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=2084&sub=285&subcat=Assault%20Rifles

So no long postage/shipping times or extra taxes/customs fees ;)

One more point, if you do get this AK, the first upgrade should be a full metal body or find one of these with a metal body already installed, as this will add to your AK's life span

If you're interested, there are some 2nd hand AK's in the Airsoft Adverts section too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gezgblack70

Would i be able to somehow downgrade the gun , so for example from 360 FPS to 320 ?
    if so , where and for what price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Buy it from a retailer in Ireland and don't worry about Customs destroying it. Because if it's over the 1J limit, it will more than likely be destroyed.

Advertisement