Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I like the South Africa jersey. The English one looks like a Christmas jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I like the South Africa jersey. The English one looks like a Christmas jumper.

It's not bad by any means just that the Wallaby one is nicer. The change of shade and more traditional older CCC jersey colour scheme to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

o'neills have signed up to do the new London Irish kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I feel like there's some IRFU spies who have infiltrated London Irish and are slowly turning it into a 5th province.

I love it.

london-Irish-n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Didn't realise LI were leaving the Premiership and joining in the Giro

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

About the only good thing is that they finally don't have as many sponsor logos as an F1 car. But that's about it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Horrific, like most O'Neills jerseys.

I think it'll probably look alright on the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

One colour is good, shades look all right. But the material and the fit look terrible.

I absolutely detest when sponsors insist their logo have a backdrop. It's rotten looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Hagz wrote: »
    london-Irish-n.jpg

Id say these are training jerseys by the looks of it maybe?

The pink one is, the rest look like playing jerseys.

I like the collars on them, and maybe they fit nice, but it stops there really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

.ak wrote: »
    I like the collars on them, and maybe they fit nice, but it stops there really.

Pink one is a ladies jersey id say (v-neck) turns out they are the actual jerseys. I dont think they will hold up to a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yuck. Went for minimalism, ended up boring, just like the current Tigers kit.

The new Irish owners must be really going native with the O'Neills gear. Surprised the shirt sponsors arent Avonmore and Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I like the green one think it will look good on the pitch

The shiny material looks terrible and cheap.

The current Leicester Tigers kit is the nicest kit hands down. I can't think of any kit that comes close. Maybe Munster.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    The current Leicester Tigers kit is the nicest kit hands down. I can't think of any kit that comes close. Maybe Munster.

I love their HEC kit. Montpellier also usually have great jerseys. I'm probably biased but I love leinster's HEC kit the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I love their HEC kit. Montpellier also usually have great jerseys. I'm probably biased but I love leinster's HEC kit the most.

Stade Francais black Jersey with the pink flower is my favourite one around at the moment.

maillot-stade-francais-exterieur-2012-2013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

How long will leinster be wearing there current kit for?

mogwai81 wrote: »
    How long will leinster be wearing there current kit for?

HEC is finished this season. The league strip has another season.

I think Ulster and Connacht are due new jerseys next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sweetthing

errlloyd wrote: »
    Stade Francais black Jersey with the pink flower is my favourite one around at the moment.

maillot-stade-francais-exterieur-2012-2013.jpg

Now that is beautiful. Far too beautiful to be a rugby jersey actually. I actually hate the modern wave of 'stylish' rugby jerseys,it's gotten to the ridiculous point of most clubs trying to outdo each other with garish designs. I don't mind SF doing it as it's their thing, and as far as i know they pioneered this **** habit, but ffs with about half a dozen euro clubs sporting a pink kit lately, it's become a tad overdone.

If munster brought out a pink jersey id be tempted to stop supporting them until it was rescinded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

sweetthing wrote: »
    Now that is beautiful. Far too beautiful to be a rugby jersey actually. I actually hate the modern wave of 'stylish' rugby jerseys,it's gotten to the ridiculous point of most clubs trying to outdo each other with garish designs. I don't mind SF doing it as it's their thing, and as far as i know they pioneered this **** habit, but ffs with about half a dozen euro clubs sporting a pink kit lately, it's become a tad overdone.

If munster brought out a pink jersey id be tempted to stop supporting them until it was rescinded

In fairness, most of the pink jerseys are for breast cancer and are an alternative strip. I have no problem with them personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sweetthing

Deano7788 wrote: »
    In fairness, most of the pink jerseys are for breast cancer and are an alternative strip. I have no problem with them personally.

Are you sure about that? Think Nottingham wore a pink strip as a once-off to raise money, but Exeter, Cardiff etc had pink as their designated 2nd kit

Are you sure about that? Think Nottingham wore a pink strip as a once-off to raise money, but Exeter, Cardiff etc had pink as their designated 2nd kit

I know Cardiff definitely was originally. I'd say it still is. They support Cancer Research Wales and had it on the jerseys. A good few others have done it as well. I remember Newcastle for one.

• Advertisement

I know Cardiff definitely was originally. I'd say it still is. They support Cancer Research Wales and had it on the jerseys. A good few others have done it as well. I remember Newcastle for one.

Advertisement