Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jay-Z assaulted by Solange Knowles

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The media doesn't work like that and anyone with ambitions to become the biggest power couple in America wouldn't believe that either. You are either a private celeb or you are not. Bono is one of the most famous performers in the world, yet I know SFA about his private life. On a smaller scale, look at Louis Walsh. He never talks about his private life and it's never mentioned in the media, despite him being in the media on a regular basis.

Beyonce and jay z got married pretty much in secret. She made an album, complete with videos for each song, a couple with her husband in the video too, in secret. She kept her pregnancy pretty much secret til she announced it herself. They kept a joint stadium tour secret til just before it was announced.

Sounds like its working for them fine up til this. They have remained in control of what aspects of their life they share.

Scandals surfaced about louis not so long ago despite the fact he doesn't discuss his personal life. If the media wants a story on someone they'll get one regardless. Like the previous poster explained, its better to share it on your own terms, give enough to keep them from prying further basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Beyonce looks utterly unperturbed by it. Looks like she's seen it all before. Based on that I'd say it was something mad done under the influence of drink or drugs. If it was really a passionate argument would it be so onesided? Neither JayZ nor Beyonce seem to care too deeply about it, they just look like "here she goes again". I'm betting drugs are behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From the interviews I have seen of her Solange Knowles comes across as arrogant and insincere to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Beyonce looks utterly unperturbed by it. Looks like she's seen it all before. Based on that I'd say it was something mad done under the influence of drink or drugs. If it was really a passionate argument would it be so onesided? Neither JayZ nor Beyonce seem to care too deeply about it, they just look like "here she goes again". I'm betting drugs are behind it.

I'm betting on drink being involved. If she was already acting confrontational, I wouldn't be surprised if they just told her to get a grip or something and she lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So what actually happened?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Solange had an altercation with designer Rachel Roy before the lift incident. She actually went to the Met ball with Rachel in 2012 and there's bad blood between Jay Z & Rachel's ex-husband Damon Dash (they used to be friends but had a massive falling out).

Perhaps something happened between Jay Z & Rachel Roy, Solange found out about it, screeched at Rachel, then attacked Jay in the lift?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/solange-knowles-argued-with-rachel-roy-before-jay-z-fight-met-gala-2014125

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/solange-knowles-hit-jay-z-rachel-roy-sources-article-1.1791892

My theory may not be too far off ;)

Well the fact Beyoncé left with Solange in one vehicle and JayZ on his own in another vehicle, could be that Beyoncé was siding with Solange

Well after this incident now everyone knows who Solange is, great media exposure for her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Statement released claiming they've all put it behind them as a private family matter

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/jay-z-solange-and-beyonce-issue-statement-on-elevator-fight-weve-put-this-behind-us-1201182766/

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Am I the only one who read the title of the thread and thought it said Jay-Z assaulted by Sonny Knowles? No? Just me then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Well the fact Beyoncé left with Solange in one vehicle and JayZ on his own in another vehicle, could be that Beyoncé was siding with Solange

Well after this incident now everyone knows who Solange is, great media exposure for her :p
    Even before this video Solange wasn't known for having the same diplomatic skills as her sister.

If the video had never seen the light of day, none of us would be considering this at all. It seems from their reactions that they are used to this ie Beyonce just standing in the corner waiting for it to blow over and walking out with a Hollywood smile like nothing never happened.

If the super bowl blind item is anything to go by, then the Carters are no strangers to sorting out their differences by shouting at each other Jeremy Kyle style, even in the presence of their child. I read somewhere that the day after the "incident", Solange and Jay Z were jewellery shopping the next day. The weekend after, they were at some game where Jay Z was being a doting uncle to Solange's kid.

I'm not saying it's right but even the most "high class" people have their problems and can behave like chavs. I find their behaviour in this instance more shocking because Beyonce always projects an image of perfection and I'm not the only one to pick up on this.

I think that Beyonce has dug a hole for herself. Her public image is based on projecting the image of perfection. She has set herself up to be the perfect singer/performer/mother/wife etc and perfection is a standard that no one can live up to full time. Sure you can have periods in your life when everything goes well but there will always be times when everything goes to sh!t and I think the Carters are experiencing one of those times now's.

It's not a problem I have to incorporate into my everyday life but I do think that if I was ever internationally famous, I wouldn't draw attention to my personal life because no matter how much I tried to control it, I know that when the sh1t hits the fan, everyone would be out to get me.

It's nobodies business what happened in the elevator and based on their behaviour afterwards, it wasn't a big deal for any of the people involved. Had the video never come to light, no one would have suspected and no one would have an opinion on it. Because of the video the internet is getting it's cyber knickers in a twist.

While on the one hand I respect the rights of a celeb to have a private life, on the other, where do you draw the line? Who sets the boundaries? The media
    or the celeb? Take someone like Kate Moss. She is always in the papers but I've never seen a picture of her daughter without her face blurred and I have no clue what she looks like. Because Kate never talks about her daughter, there is no interest in her.

On the other hand you have the Carters. I know they are supposed to be private but if you lined up ten infants, I could easily pick out Blue Ivy no problem and that is not because of paparazzi shots, it's because her parents have put her in the position where she is being judged by the public (that and the fact the she looks like a replica of Jay Z :P)

Anyways I have rambled on enough and probably made less sense. Given that two weeks passed between the elevator incident and how they are expected to react to this, I think it has been blown out of proportion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

It's suspicious the whole thing happened a few months before Solange's next album. Co-incidence or not, this is the best thing that could have happened her career. She only sold 370,000 albums in the US before this. Her next album will sell a lot more and be a massive hit (excuse the pun!), mark my words.

Statement released claiming they've all put it behind them as a private family matter

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/jay-z-solange-and-beyonce-issue-statement-on-elevator-fight-weve-put-this-behind-us-1201182766/

Fair enough.

As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident.
    But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it. Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologised to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.
    The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behaviour throughout that evening are simply false.
    At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's suspicious the whole thing happened a few months before Solange's next album. Co-incidence or not, this is the best thing that could have happened her career. She only sold 370,000 albums in the US before this. Her next album will sell a lot more and be a massive hit (excuse the pun!), mark my words.
    Eh? Are you saying this was a publicity stunt that Solange, Jay-Z and Beyonce were all in on? That makes no sense whatsoever. The incident happened in an elevator and would've never come to light if some employee had not leaked it. The Carters always project an image of happiness and tranquility at all times. The last thing they would want is for a video of them acting chavy to get into the public domain.

I fail to see how this will help her album, which isn't due for a few months. If anything, it will work against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

they're still putting on a united front

jillymayr wrote: »
    they're still putting on a united front

Jay and Bey's MTV Video Awards "showing" even with their kid looked very fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is there a more contrived couple?

Daddy Knowles has spoken out claiming that the elevator incident was nothing more than a "Jedi mind trick" created to increase an interest in the couple's tour along with generating sales http://www.designntrend.com/articles/18596/20140828/matthew-knowles-hints-jay-z-beyonce-faked-solange-gate-elevator.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daddy Knowles has spoken out claiming that the elevator incident was nothing more than a "Jedi mind trick" created to increase an interest in the couple's tour along with generating sales http://www.designntrend.com/articles/18596/20140828/matthew-knowles-hints-jay-z-beyonce-faked-solange-gate-elevator.htm

The father she fired as her manager after claims that he stole from her. I don't see why people even see the logic in that tbh though, some random fight is hardly going to entice you to buy tickets to their concert if you're not a fan, and fans will attend regardless of publicity stunts etc. Doesn't make sense.

Tasden wrote: »
    The father she fired as her manager after claims that he stole from her. I don't see why people even see the logic in that tbh though, some random fight is hardly going to entice you to buy tickets to their concert if you're not a fan, and fans will attend regardless of publicity stunts etc. Doesn't make sense.

If there is talk of divorce more fans and even non fans will go to see how the couple are on stage together

Solange is more known now from her lift battle with Jay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Katielanie

i heard they're having baby no. 2!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Katielanie wrote: »
    i heard they're having baby no. 2!

I think everyone heard it.

BUSINESS as usual then.

Advertisement