Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of help

Options
  • 15-05-2014 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Plan on ordering this, I assume it comes with a magazine and I just need to buy BB's to get it up and running?

It's just I then see there is a separate magazine section here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1059

Also would there be much of a difference between the first gun and the above? Second one is good bit cheaper and more in my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd go for the ARX personally. It should come with a mag but think it may be a mid cap so you'll need a few more. Yup you need BB's. get King Arms BB's don't let MIA bully you into buying their raptors or anything :/
    If you're looking for another M4 style rifle look into getting a Raider. Hobbyairsoft sell them in rathcoole :) Great place to get gear too

T4RGET wrote: »
    I'd go for the ARX personally. It should come with a mag but think it may be a mid cap so you'll need a few more. Yup you need BB's. get King Arms BB's don't let MIA bully you into buying their raptors or anything :/
    If you're looking for another M4 style rifle look into getting a Raider. Hobbyairsoft sell them in rathcoole :) Great place to get gear too

Thanks what you mean by mid cap btw?

I didn't see kings arms ones - was going to order these

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

T4RGET wrote: »
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    Thanks what you mean by mid cap btw?

I didn't see kings arms ones - was going to order these

Out of the 2 options, +1 on the ARX, as delta rings are against my belief system and .28g BB's are not what you want

Stick to .20g or .25g depending on your purpose of use, heavier BB's are really for GBB's/GBBR's and marksman type precision shooting

As for King Arms BB's, +1 on these too, they are great BB's and great value too, I'm not sure if MIA stock these

Most other Airsoft shops do stock King Arms BB's

On Mid-Caps Vs. Hi-Caps, Mids hold a limited number of BB's, just feed, do not require winding and are quiet, Hi-caps hold more BB's, make noise and are fun for lets go mad + shoot all the BB's, which option is up to you and your play style, personally I only use Mids and keep a few Hi-caps just in case ;)

Hope this helps :)

Can I ask why you'd go for the ARX? As in what is the specific advantage?

Will if find it more accurate? Or will it fire faster? O fire harder shots?

(first gun as I'm sure you've noticed)

Oh and thanks for the input and BB advise, I order smaller so. ( I was thinking heavier = harder hit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Get in contact with darren on facebook, he runs black scout airsoft supplies, you will find him cheaper than all the irish suppliers and can get almost any rifle you want, search black scout airsoft supplies on facebook and give him a message

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Can I ask why you'd go for the ARX? As in what is the specific advantage?

Will if find it more accurate? Or will it fire faster? O fire harder shots?

(first gun as I'm sure you've noticed)

Oh and thanks for the input and BB advise, I order smaller so. ( I was thinking heavier = harder hit)

Personally, I would not get an ARX, as I said, out of the 2 options you posted, its the better option, based on quality and budget out of the 2

Regardless of which RIF (Real Imitation Firearm) you choose, there is a 328fps / 1 Joule limit, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say fire harder?

If this is your first RIF, please visit a couple of Airsoft stores, try out a couple of them in person first and then choose one based on what you like + how you want to play

On how you want to play, have you been to any games and tried renting first?

Thanks for the help. Going to visit some shops, read a bit more before making any decisions. Input much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd agree with SEALs of the two it's the better option but probably wouldn't buy one.

Having said that, I've heard they shoot great, good range and are ridiculously comfortable to hold.

You're best bet is to get .25 g BB's tbh. heavier BB's actually reduce the power of the gun, they may hit harder due to the weight but will reduce the overall fps of the BB.

You're new to the sport and it's really good to see airsoft continue to grow but please don't go down the route of 'power, power, power'. It's a mistake a lot of new players make thinking the more powerful their rifle fires the better they become as a player. This isn't true and you could find yourself being out shot and out ranged by players who have AEG's firing sub 300fps.
    In ireland the limit is 328 fps or one Joule of energy. Don't go beyond that and especially when buying privately a lot of new players feel they'll 'own' with a rifle that fires 350fps when in fact it's illegal.

Just some more info mate :)

Welcome to airsoft, any more questions, post away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

I own an arx160 and for an out of the box gun i can't fault it one bit.The range is crazy.It comes with a high torque motor and it set up for a 11.1 lipo(but i'll never run it on one).Its got a quick release spring system and quick release barrel and hop unit.Its light and comfortable.This is one gun that won't leave the collection.Lately this gets pulled out of the bag more than my raider that i spent the last year doing alot of work on.The look is not for everyone but till u shoot it then thats when u see how nice this really is.King arms .25 suits this gun perfect and at the mo the only thing i plan on doing is fitting a mosfet for trigger contact but that just a personal choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Since nobody else has thought to add;

Eye-protection (or full face mask, your choice), battery (or batteries) + charger.

Advertisement